****Homecoming - Amazon*****

2,540 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by NASAg03
94DallasAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else watching this? 2 episodes in. Not really sure what to think.

Julie Roberts. Sissy Spacek

10 episodes but they're only like 30 minutes or less.
Quinn
AG
Is the storyline pretty much the same as the podcast? I really enjoyed the podcast on which it is based. Planning to watch it - glad to see that it's been getting good reviews.
Bulldog73
AG
The podcast was fantastically done. I'm not sure how this'll translate.
94DallasAG
AG
Had no idea it was based on a podcast.
Bayside Tiger Ag
All was good through episode 3. Started episode 4 and it lost me. Episode 5 isn't any better
jeffk
AG
I thought it was stylistically awesome. Really enjoyed the story and the format. Tons of Kubrick influence and the score was a selection of pieces taken from over 50 different films.

https://news.avclub.com/a-comprehensive-list-of-all-the-songs-played-in-homecom-1830295086
chick79
AG
Just finished. Thought it was well done!
JRB78
AG
I also enjoyed it. I thought it was well cast.
Quinn
AG
Two episodes in and really enjoying it. Looks like they are delving more into a few different areas than they did on the podcast. Very interesting visual presentation.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Been waiting bc the previews where so poorly done

rynning
AG
Just finished this and thought it was awesome. Everything about it was good and interesting: casting, acting, directing. The sound track was...eclectic to say the least, and the director (Sam Esmail) had a very stylistic take on every seen. I'll be interested in seeing more of his work. And I really didn't like Julia Robert's boss (Bobby Cannavale) until I realized just how good he was at playing the bad guy.

I don't understand Prime's rating of TV-MA. Other than F-bombs, there's nothing else to justify that. In fact, IMDB gives it a TV-14 which makes more sense, so not sure why the discrepancy.

By the way, there's a short "bonus" after the credits of the last episode...

Edit: meant to be a thumbs-up!
Quinn
AG
rynning said:

Just finished this and thought it was awesome. Everything about it was good and interesting: casting, acting, directing. The sound track was...eclectic to say the least, and the director (Sam Esmail) had a very stylistic take on every seen. I'll be interested in seeing more of his work. And I really didn't like Julia Robert's boss (Bobby Cannavale) until I realized just how good he was at playing the bad guy.

I don't understand Prime's rating of TV-MA. Other than F-bombs, there's nothing else to justify that. In fact, IMDB gives it a TV-14 which makes more sense, so not sure why the discrepancy.

By the way, there's a short "bonus" after the credits of the last episode...

Edit: meant to be a thumbs-up!
Watch Mr. Robot, if you haven't. He runs that show and has directed a majority of the episodes.
Quinn
AG
Finished Homecoming this weekend, and man, it was great. Really terrific performances by the main cast mixed with a super interesting directing style from Esmail. The story was similar to the podcast, but different enough that I didn't know exactly what to expect. A true thriller. I would highly recommend this and put it up there with the best shows of 2018.
TCTTS
AG
Just finished last night and in agreement that this is easily one of the best shows of the year. Esmail directed the hell out of it. Probably one of the best looking shows I've ever seen, too. Just so unique, and so well done. Definitely recommend.
Quinn
AG
Loved the look and feel of the show. Roberts and James (Walter) had perfect chemistry, too.
Dr.Rumack
Great visuals! The guy from Shameless a great add.
cr0wbar
AG
Wow, that was terrific. I knew this would have a thread because it's done by our boy Esmail. Consider me a big, big, fan of his. His directing is beautiful, and the scores. The music in Mr Robot was always fantastic.
KidDoc
AG
We made it through 5 episodes- too plodding and boring lost interest.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NASAg03
Late to the game. Decided to pick this up while I've been taking a bunch of plane trips lately. Excellent series, and I'm looking forward to the next season.

It was a bit slow, but I thought necessary to fit the prodding, complex, confused nature of the characters. Loved the chemistry as well between Julia Roberts and Stephan James. Felt so authentic and awkward - because of the nature of the relationships, the true love and concern, the progressive development of what "helping" really means.

And I definitely lost it on the final episode. Best of the entire season. I wasn't sure if there was going to be closure, but I'm happy there was a real ending but it wasn't perfect. It was hard and sad, but what was necessary. And the little touches, the small memories poking through, and Heidi hiding the map to ensure that it doesn't trigger a bunch of memories in Walter like bird did with her.

Makes you wonder if in the future, Walter is going to have confused memories or dejavu with his own past, and go seeing answers for missing gaps. Eventually someone might slip and mention a past he doesn't remember, and that might trigger a bunch of problems. And I'm curious what happened to Shrier.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.