BAD BOYS FOR LIFE

8,050 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Cromagnum
bigjag19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They **** just like we do.

He's straight pile driving her.
John Matrix
AG
MASAXET said:

TCTTS said:

Second one has its moments, but yeah, overall, it's way too bloated. That said, two of my best friends in the industry met on that movie, which ultimately led to basically every opportunity I've ever had in Hollywood. I've also heard every story there is to hear from the behind the scenes of the production. So for those two reasons alone, the movie holds a weirdly special place for me.
Not going to lie, Bad Boys II is my ultimate guilty-pleasure-favorite-movie. It may not be a "good" movie per se, but I think it's fun and so damn quotable. I'm regularly quoting it in my head to keep from saying it out loud and getting awkward looks
Bad Boys II I one of the most misanthropic, violent, self-indulgent, borderline sociopathic summer blockbusters I've ever witnessed, and I love every trashy moment of it. It's Michael Bay's Id on screen; unfiltered or compromised. I don't know what it says about me as a person that I kind of love this movie, but I do. There's no regard for human life in that movie. Period. Something that uncompromising and pure in intent just isn't made by major studios any more.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The official title is:

Bad Boys For Lif3

Really guys?
TCTTS
AG
Unconfirmed and not officially announced by the studio. Besides, based on the backlash alone, there's no way they keep that as the actual title, if it ever even was considered.
Sex Panther
AG
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

Second one has its moments, but yeah, overall, it's way too bloated. That said, two of my best friends in the industry met on that movie, which ultimately led to basically every opportunity I've ever had in Hollywood. I've also heard every story there is to hear from the behind the scenes of the production. So for those two reasons alone, the movie holds a weirdly special place for me.
C'mon, man! You can't just throw that out there and leave it.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I seriously can't repeat the vast majority of it on a public forum.
AtlAg05
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha, I seriously can't repeat the vast majority of it on a public forum.

Sounds like an opportunity for a private forum that is invite only?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guess not...

https://instagr.am/p/BsULxtyBoot
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A respectable 77% on RT. I was worried it was gonna be awful.

Excited to watch this.
ORAggieFan
Seeing it tomorrow. These movies have been a fav with my group of friends going back to high school. Can't wait.
TCTTS
AG
Pretty dumb, but pretty fun.

I wish it didn't look so digital at times, but the two directors do a great job of channeling old school Michael Bay. The action's not quite up to Bay standards, but in return, we don't have suffer through Bay's twisted and tasteless humor. Overall, it's definitely a worthy follow up (though, again, there are a few of minor, but head-scratching choices).

Also, based on the trailer, I thought this would be the last one for sure, but they straight up set the stage for more. It almost feels like this could be another Fast & Furious-type franchise going forward, as it trends a bit more in that direction than the past two.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, Will Smith's new love interest/fellow cop is basically a Latino Trinity. She's pretty hot, seemingly came out of no where, and has a fairly big role. But she hasn't been featured in the marketing at all and I can't even find a single still of her from the movie online. It's so weird. This is her on the far right, though, from a promotional image...

If the movie performs at the box office like Sony hopes it does, going forward, it really does feel like she'll be the Letty to Will Smith's Toretto; kind of like the mom and pop of this new "family"/generation of cops, with Martin Lawrence in the lovable uncle/Ludacris role. There's a "new franchise" feel to this movie that, if you would have told me about beforehand, I would have rolled my eyes, but it actually kind of works. Granted, it does feel a little too meta at times - it's almost as if the characters of Mike and Marcus *know* they're in a third Bad Boys movie - but it never jumps the shark, never feels forced, and is mostly a joy to watch.
ORAggieFan
Really enjoyed it. Just as many, if not more, LOL moments. Like mentioned, maybe just a little light on the action.

*Super Minor Spoiler that affects nothing below*

Awesome to see Reggie make an appearance.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mother****er you look 30.
wangus12
AG
Is that Vanessa Hudgens?
Sex Panther
AG
wangus12 said:

Is that Vanessa Hudgens?

Yeah, lol she's such a terrible actress
TCTTS
AG

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bad-boys-4-works-1269915

TCTTS
AG
Looking to do well above what it was tracking just a few days ago...

https://deadline.com/2020/01/bad-boys-for-life-dolittle-1917-weekend-box-office-1202833726/
TCTTS
AG
Even higher now...

https://variety.com/2020/film/box-office/bad-boys-for-life-box-office-opening-weekend-1203471192/
Linz02Ag
AG
Saw it tonight and it did not disappoint
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
More than doubling Dolittle. Lol. No surprise there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was some real telenovela *****
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wrong button
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Loved it. A ton of fun. Audience was having a ball in the theater.

Also, so glad they brought back the original theme from the first movie. So dope.

fig96
AG
This was exactly what I wanted it to be. Big, kinda dumb, and fun. Doesn't quite have the edge to the action sequences of the Bay films but still satisfying for a great popcorn movie, and they've still got great chemistry.
Cromagnum
AG
No better or worse than previous ones. Still pretty funny.
spadilly
S
Saw it last night. Exactly what you'd expect. Not going to win any awards, but still really funny and entertaining.
Cromagnum
AG
when Reggie showed up in this, I was cracking the **** up
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.