Disney Movie Thread

41,457 Views | 375 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Fenrir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
But there already is a sequel.
Not a Bot
AG
Is it even going to be a musical?
Not a Bot
AG
Well I just answered my own question, they've cut out the music, and Mushu. This is basically geared toward keeping the Chinese market happy and pulling the American audience along for the ride. Don't have a problem with it as long as the movie is good.

I didn't realize Mulan was based on a real Chinese legend.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Olsen
AG
The Asian audience hated the animated musical movie from 20 years ago. Disney is finally making it up to them with this live-action movie now.
Olsen
AG

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TXAG 05
AG
Never seen the original, and have no interest in this. Was the original good?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Olsen
AG
Being successful in the box office or not, Disney's approach to their Asian audience is giving them an authentic movie that would appeal to them and getting them to visit one of their three theme park resorts located in the Asia continent (Tokyo Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Shanghai Disneyland).
fig96
AG
I actually enjoyed the original, not a classic but an interesting story. This is one of their remakes that I think has a chance to actually do some interesting things in live action.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I haven't seen Mulan since it came out in the theater, so it'll be cool to watch it with pretty fresh eyes, almost as a new movie.
fig96
AG
C@LAg said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Never seen the original, and have no interest in this. Was the original good?
not really. it was part of the downfall of animation after the second renaissance.
it can be reasonably assumed this is being done for the Chinese market first, everyone second, as there was never a clamor from most people for a live action of this one.
Your animation history is a bit off.

The Disney Renaissance started with Beauty and the Beast and ran through Tarzan, though the second half of that era is widely seen as not as good as the first half.
Olsen
AG
And you're wrong as well. The Disney Renaissance started with The Little Mermaid in 1989, not Beauty and the Beast.
fig96
AG
Olsen said:

And you're wrong as well. The Disney Renaissance started with The Little Mermaid in 1989, not Beauty and the Beast.
You are absolutely correct, I actually knew the year and had the order of those two flipped in my head. Good catch.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Gigem314
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

The original doesn't have the 'iconic' status of the more recent remakes, so hopefully it will be easier to surpass expectations. The visuals look amazing for this one. Disney ninja movie? Yes please.
Not a Bot
AG
Olsen said:

Being successful in the box office or not, Disney's approach to their Asian audience is giving them an authentic movie that would appeal to them and getting them to visit one of their three theme park resorts located in the Asia continent (Tokyo Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Shanghai Disneyland).

Good point. They are brand building.
TCTTS
AG

Living Legend
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

This looks AMAZING!!! I'm all in on this one. Looks like there will be some pretty good fight sequences.
jokershady
AG
I'm actually pretty surprised how much I'm looking forward to this one. This needs to have a more serious tone to be done well...i.e. NO EDDIE MURPHY / MUSHU

If they make this a serious martial arts movie it will be a hell of a lot of fun to watch!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://deadline.com/2019/07/mulan-teaser-trailer-175-million-views-24-hours-china-worldwide-disney-1202643480/
atm0812
AG
This will only last for one day, but right now Disney has the 5 highest grossing theatrical releases of 2019. Just incredible.

On Monday Spider-Man FFH will pass Aladdin, to get Sony into the top 5.

https://www.the-numbers.com/market/2019/summary

Disney also has 38% of the 2019 theatrical revenue with only 10 movies playing this year.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Frozen 2 and Rise of Skywalker both have a shot at retaking that fifth spot...
Olsen
AG
bearamedic99
AG
Any updates yet on a live action remake of Lilo and Stitch?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-plus-every-show-movie-available-to-stream-date-falcon-winter-soldier-wandavision-loki-what-if-hawkeye/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Where the **** is the Might Ducks saga?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/08/06/disney-bundle-disney-plus-espn-hulu/
TCTTS
AG
Btw, is this the thread to talk Disney+ or no? If not, should we start one? Should would start a "streaming platform" thread in general?
TCTTS
AG
I have an idea. Posting in a second...
The Collective
AG
Wow. They are going for the jugular.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow. That is very reasonably priced...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.