Disney Movie Thread

41,472 Views | 375 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Previously unannounced...

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Olsen
AG
Pixar (now that John Lasseter is no longer with Disney/Pixar) is going to the same direction as DreamWorks Animation clearly.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pixar is basically moving to all originals after TS4, at least for the foreseeable future.
Gigem314
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Frozen II: Ice Age
Frozen II: The Search For More Money
TCTTS
AG

https://www.cbr.com/report-disney-considering-nightmare-before-christmas-live-action-remake/
CoachRTM
AG
Nightmare before Christmas might be one of my least favorite Disney films.

There is also a rumor out there (that a Disney source denied) about a Hercules live action remake. I'm all about that.

2 different cast lists though : (makes me think it's fake)

Rumored Cast Number 1 -
Chris Evans as Hercules
Amber Heard as Meg
Benedict Cumberbatch as Hades

Rumored Cast Number 2 -
Chris Pratt as Hercules
Anna Kendrick as Meg
Jeff Goldbloom as Hades

Seems like it's probably created by fans, but of all the Disney films they could do a live action remake of, Hercules would be at the top of my list.
The Collective
AG
When are we getting a live action version of The Prince of Egypt?
jbsj9698
AG
CJS4715 said:

When are we getting a live action version of The Prince of Egypt?
TXAG 05
AG
Don't think I knew that Nightmare Before Christmas was a Disney movie. Saw it once in the theater when it came out, and have had no need to see it since then.
TCTTS
AG

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/melissa-mccarthy-little-mermaid-ursula-1203217481/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's actually genius casting. Wow.
Claude!
What a poor unfortunate soul.
Saxsoon
AG
That is awesome
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Olsen
AG
SIAP,

I think the Hercules casting with Ludwig, Heard, and Cumberbatch is good except I had Anna Kendrick playing the role of Megara in my mind. It's also going to be the first time that Disney's Hades character is being played by a different actor that's not James Woods. I think Zendaya will end up getting the role of Ariel. Disney would absolutely offer the role of Prince Eric to Harry Styles if he wanted it because of his fan following.

I'll throw in Ariana Grande as one of the Muses and Clint Eastwood as the opening narrator for the live-action Hercules movie.
TCTTS
AG
I have no doubt that Disney will be announcing new live-action projects at D23, and these two projects may very well be the ones they announce, but I'd take all of this with a grain of salt. Whoever this Red Neighbor guy is, he only has 276 followers and these have to be some of the most strangely worded tweets I've ever read in regards to casting/director candidates. Something about all of this just feels off...
TXAG 05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That's actually genius casting. Wow.

Rosie O donnell would be more realistic.
Saxsoon
AG
Cumberbatch would be brilliant casting for Hades. Amber Heard has a good sexy vibe that Megara has and I just couldn't see Anna Kendrick in that type of role.
Not a Bot
AG
Well heck didn't see this thread before starting a Little Mermaid thread.

McCarthy sounds like a fun choice. I like Zendaya, seems like would be a good fit.
Not a Bot
AG
As for Hercules, probably the least popular Disney musical of that era. I don't see the point of remaking it, but then again if they see $$$ in it all the power to them.
Olsen
AG
Cactus Jack said:

As for Hercules, probably the least popular Disney musical of that era. I don't see the point of remaking it, but then again if they see $$$ in it all the power to them.

Out of all the movies from the Disney Renaissance era, The Rescuers Down Under would be the only movie that would not consider getting a live action remake. A live action Tarzan can work in the future but I'm not sure if Disney would want to touch the Pocahontas story again.
Olsen
AG
Saxsoon said:

I just couldn't see Anna Kendrick in that type of role.

Disney said the same thing like this about Susan Egan before they casted her in the animated movie.
Saxsoon
AG
Olsen said:

Saxsoon said:

I just couldn't see Anna Kendrick in that type of role.

Disney said the same thing like this about Susan Egan before they casted her in the animated movie.
A little bit different between voice vs live action
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/jacob-tremblay-awkwafina-little-mermaid-1203257076/
TCTTS
AG

https://trailer-track.com/2019/07/05/in-the-pipeline-first-teaser-trailer-for-niki-caros-mulan-rated-arrives-this-weekend/
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

https://trailer-track.com/2019/07/05/in-the-pipeline-first-teaser-trailer-for-niki-caros-mulan-rated-arrives-this-weekend/
LET'S
GET
DOWN
TO
BUSINESS

Olsen
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm assuming since there's already a trailer made for the movie, Mushu is either in this movie as a minor character with no voice or not in the movie at all. So far no A-list actor is attached to the character who is "supposed" to be in the movie.
bearamedic99
AG
Do we think Mulan is more for domestic or foreign office?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Duncan Idaho
Most offensive Disney movie ever
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Would be more interested if Mulan was white with red hair.
Duncan Idaho
MuckRaker96 said:

Would be more interested if Mulan was white with red hair.

Ypu dont think a movie about a transgender appropriating a Male role in the military and then making the men look like fools, ultimately causing the real hero to question his sexuality interesting enough?
Olsen
AG
Just as a thought, looks like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 2.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.