***Voltron - Season 7***

1,186 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AgMarauder04
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Season seven dropped today for Voltron on Netflix and marks the return to 13 episodes for the season. This is the second to last season, so season 8 will be the final season. Post spoilers and reactions to the season.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My best friend had the Lion Voltron in 1984 so I bought the vehicle one so I didn't look like a copycat even though I liked the lion one way more.
Geriatric Punk
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

My best friend had the Lion Voltron in 1984 so I bought the vehicle one so I didn't look like a copycat even though I liked the lion one way more.
Guilty of doing the same type stuff when younger. Funny how important other people's opinions are to us from 5-6 through our early 20s. The day I learned to say "eff this" was very liberating.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
REMtx
Started watching it last night and got about three episodes in. Looks like they stuck the random WTF episode game show early in the season.
jabberwalkie09
AG
REMtx said:

Started watching it last night and got about three episodes in. Looks like they stuck the random WTF episode game show early in the season.

I actually enjoyed it more than the monsters and mana episode from last season. It was alright but I feel like it's usually a wasted episode on the season.
AgMarauder04
AG
End of the season is awesome.
jabberwalkie09
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

The entire second half of the season was great. Episodes 7-13 were basically a movie.
bbattbq01
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

AgMarauder04 said:

The entire second half of the season was great. Episodes 7-13 were basically a movie.

My kids were pissed last night when I made us stop watching after the earth "flashback" episodes!

Great season, looking forward to how they end it with haggar and the alteans next season.

(Also wtf on random shiro gay thing... what's the point?)
jabberwalkie09
AG
bbattbq01 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

AgMarauder04 said:

My kids were pissed last night when I made us stop watching after the earth "flashback" episodes!

Great season, looking forward to how they end it with haggar and the alteans next season.

(Also wtf on random shiro gay thing... what's the point?)

They announced that he was gay at SDCC I think, and that we would see his boyfriend Adam this season. Funny thing is that the fandom, well probably a very specific segment of the fandom, really hyped that up and is now fairly upset they killed off the boyfriend.

Really it just feels like the creators wanted to tick the representation box for the LGBT community, at least to me.
AgMarauder04
AG
I only hope that the affection Keith is showing is because of the past and not turning him gay as well.

Actually interested in the alluded to possibility of him and Lotars General
jabberwalkie09
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

I only hope that the affection Keith is showing is because of the past and not turning him gay as well.

Actually interested in the alluded to possibility of him and Lotars General

Right there with you on Keith. On both points.
AgMarauder04
AG
I don't when Season 8 comes out, but this has been a fantastic run.
REMtx
I read somewhere Season 8 will be released before the end of the year. Season 7 was released just a short bit from 6, so hopefully 8 comes around November or early December.

I have loved this run of Voltron. They always bring on incredible story and art/visuals at the end of each season. I'm sure the last half of the final season will be insane.

Some thing I hope are resolved next season:
1. Shiro dying?? Shiro has had close calls and been quasi-dead before. He has some illness, clone-body and has aged. Original Japanese version Go Lion has had his death.

2. Is Lotor gone for good? He didn't show up this season, but he didn't really die, just went mad and was locked in some dimension.

3. Haggard was also not shown but im sure we will see her again, maybe in her Altean state or another transformed version.

4. Will the Atlas or series in general lead in to a possibility / mention of Vehicle Voltron ?
5. The alluded romantic relationships from this past season.
jabberwalkie09
AG
REMtx said:

I read somewhere Season 8 will be released before the end of the year. Season 7 was released just a short bit from 6, so hopefully 8 comes around November or early December.

I have loved this run of Voltron. They always bring on incredible story and art/visuals at the end of each season. I'm sure the last half of the final season will be insane.

Some thing I hope are resolved next season:
1. Shiro dying?? Shiro has had close calls and been quasi-dead before. He has some illness, clone-body and has aged. Original Japanese version Go Lion has had his death.

2. Is Lotor gone for good? He didn't show up this season, but he didn't really die, just went mad and was locked in some dimension.

3. Haggard was also not shown but im sure we will see her again, maybe in her Altean state or another transformed version.

4. Will the Atlas or series in general lead in to a possibility / mention of Vehicle Voltron ?
5. The alluded romantic relationships from this past season.

I doubt they're going to kill Shiro. They've transitioned him out of being in a lion successfully imo, so him working as a the strategic role of the team from Atlas works. Plus with Adam being killed, the LGBT community is already frothing at the mouth, and killing Shiro would push them over the edge IMO. I'd be fine with Lotor gone, but if they bring him back he better be behind the machine with Hagar/Honerva. Which leads me to your third point, we are totally going to see her again. I'm certain of that.

As to 4 and 5, I wasn't aware of 4 but I think we will have resolution for 5 in some way imo.
AgMarauder04
AG
Haggar was probably behind the Altean at the helm of the final battle of S7. Will have to resolve that I think and rebuild the Castle of Lions, which is why they all went to Earth to begin with.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Not sure if they really need to build a new castle of lions. I thought that the Atlas basically has the same features, at least that's what I thought Commander Holt said (might have to watch again?), so a new castle would be redundant.
AgMarauder04
AG
I'm assuming they won't stay on Earth? The Atlas is for Earth's defense, isn't it?
jabberwalkie09
AG
I don't know, though that may have been the original idea behind it.

One thing I did enjoy about the season is how the paladins were thinking that they probably should train/mentor some of the other pilots. Just as a precaution type thing.
redline248
AG
Man, this show is great.

As to romance, Lance and Allura feels like a fan courtesy, even if I'm fine with it, in contrast to Keith and the Galra chick which feels more organic. I know Lance has had a thing for Allura forever. I have to admit I wondered why Shiro never showed interest in her before this season. Ha.
AgMarauder04
AG
Definitely agree to both points.

To your first one, I will admit I like how he has gone from cocky ladies man kinda vibe to more geniine affection as he evolved into a leader.

All the characters have shown significant growth, which isn't always the case.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.