*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

740,019 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Mac94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Rouge One, standing by.

ROUGE ONE!?! There is no Rouge One!!

SpreadsheetAg
AG
CJS4715 said:

jokershady said:

Rogue One damn near moved me to tears.

I am secure enough to admit I teared up during this scene.

TLJ made me cry; albeit for a very different reason. Haha
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is your username a reference to ANH? I've always wondered.
hunter2012
AG

Vader's scene in Rogue One is what makes me think a "Lords of the Sith" movie would do excellent. The last quarter of the book is Vader and the Emperor going ham like the scene above. And the story itself could be neatly be told in a single movie.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is your username a reference to ANH? I've always wondered.
Yes, but was also my nickname in the Corps... I was the youngest of 4 siblings who all went A&M and a Star Wars fan... so Episode IV
Sex Panther
AG
Is Episode IV the new handle of Spreadsheet Ag?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Sex Panther said:

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Sex Panther said:

Render
AG
Belton Ag said:

Quote:

C'mon people. So tried of seeing this. The only reason y'all say that is because there was lots of space battle 'splosions with X-Wings and Darth Vader killed some dudes with his lightsaber. Are y'all really going to put action (albeit good action) over genuine meaningful moments from the OT? Just having the binary sunset in IV, and the confrontation between Luke and the Emperor in VI, puts those movies way above R1, imo. (I'm assuming you're putting Empire first.)
I'm equally tired of seeing the pretentious, arrogant dismissal of people who do think Rogue One was a good movie as a bunch of mouth breathers that like 'splosions.

As if the underlying story of redemption and sacrifice mean nothing. As if Rogue One doesn't enhance the viewing of - and doesn't give extra meaning to - Episode Four.

It's not just about 'splosions. If you're tired of seeing it then you can hop off the thread. No one will miss you, I promise.

I could leave the thread, but I would miss you, and that's the problem. You see, I have a shrine built to Belton Ag and each time he graces us with a new utterance I quickly print it out and nail it to my shrine wall. Then I pray to it everyday for strength and guidance, kinda like how Kylo Ren prays to Vader's helmet.
redline248
AG
That pictuer and scene makes me wonder a lot of things.

1. Do we think, after turning back to the light and becoming a force ghost, Anakin ever spoke to Kylo?
2. What would he have said? Surely nothing about how to be a better Sith
3. Do we think he ever visited Luke in the 30 years after?

I'm sure I could go on
Render
AG
cbr said:

Render said:

Urban Ag said:

The right answer is the most simple answer.

This new trilogy sucks. Period.

It's terribly written across the board. Let's just put the characters and the story to the side. And they suck.

The criticism is legitimate. The OT made it painfully obvious what the state of the galaxy is/was. The new trilogy does not. What else can be said.

I will be in the theater for Ep9 no matter what, and sincerely hope JJ pulls it off, but this has been mostly a disaster so far.

PS - Rogue One is the second best SW movie of all time. Solo is good. thanks

C'mon people. So tried of seeing this. The only reason y'all say that is because there was lots of space battle 'splosions with X-Wings and Darth Vader killed some dudes with his lightsaber. Are y'all really going to put action (albeit good action) over genuine meaningful moments from the OT? Just having the binary sunset in IV, and the confrontation between Luke and the Emperor in VI, puts those movies way above R1, imo. (I'm assuming you're putting Empire first.)

I guess I just watch these movies for different reasons compared to most y'all.
If only we were all as sophisticated in our taste for kids movies as you.

Not trying to be sophisticated, it's just common sense. Sing a melody off the top of your head from the OT.

Now try to sing a melody off the top of your head from R1.
Render
AG
Well in the EU Anakin only was a Force Ghost once, when he asked Leia to forgive him for destroying Alderaan. He only did it once, whereas Ben did it several times; I'm guessing it's because Ben had been with the Light Side for decades so he was strong enough to make the trip, whereas Anakin was a recent convert before his death. i.e. Anakin wasn't as strong as Ben.

And after ROTJ, Obi-Wan only communicated with Luke once, 3-4 years later. He said something to the effect of "the distance between our worlds is growing larger", so he couldn't make the trip anymore. So I guess those "Force physics" would deny Anakin from communicating with Kylo and Luke.

The other reason is because the current writers chose to ignore Anakin's ability to become a Force Ghost. It made writing easier for them.
Belton Ag
AG
Render said:

Belton Ag said:

Quote:

I'm equally tired of seeing the pretentious, arrogant dismissal of people who do think Rogue One was a good movie as a bunch of mouth breathers that like 'splosions.

As if the underlying story of redemption and sacrifice mean nothing. As if Rogue One doesn't enhance the viewing of - and doesn't give extra meaning to - Episode Four.

It's not just about 'splosions. If you're tired of seeing it then you can hop off the thread. No one will miss you, I promise.

I could leave the thread, but I would miss you, and that's the problem. You see, I have a shrine built to Belton Ag and each time he graces us with a new utterance I quickly print it out and nail it to my shrine wall. Then I pray to it everyday for strength and guidance, kinda like how Kylo Ren prays to Vader's helmet.

Join the club, pal. I got plenty of shrines all over the place.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I gave it a star out of pity.

Dammit if TLJ didn't vacuum away all unearned enthusiasm I may have once granted to a Star Wars film on trust of the franchise.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Episode IV said:

Dammit if TLJ didn't vacuum away all unearned enthusiasm I may have once granted to a Star Wars film on trust of the franchise.

What a wet blanket of a post
SpreadsheetAg
AG
But not untrue from my point of view.
Urban Ag
AG
Episode IV said:

rather, a certain point of view
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

Episode IV said:

rather, a certain point of view
Claude!
From my point of view the Jedi are evil.
Flashdiaz
AG
Episode IV said:

only a wet blanket deals in absolutes.
TCTTS
AG

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/06/an-extensive-collection-of-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-quotes-about-the-film-from-the-cast-and-creators/
twilly
AG
Could be kinda spoilery, so I'll leave this right here.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Pickups are happening and the X-wings have returned
Duncan Idaho
twilly said:

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Pickups are happening and the X-wings have returned

Don't want to get spoiled but are Skywalker pickups going to be as awesome and as limited as the Columbia parkas were? Or more like the low energy "rogue one" Nissans?
twilly
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

twilly said:

Don't want to get spoiled but are Skywalker pickups going to be as awesome and as limited as the Columbia parkas were? Or more like the low energy "rogue one" Nissans?
Been done already....
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Seems to line up with a lot of Making Star Wars' scoops as well...
djmeen95
AG
Pretty cool storyline if true - but it's ALOT to pull together in a single film.

Would have been much better if this had been built out over all 3 films as opposed (if it's true) to using the last film to course correct what seems to feel like a disjointed storyline so far.
jokershady
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Seems to line up with a lot of Making Star Wars' scoops as well...
Thank god for that website because TheForce.net seems to be mostly a corporate shill that belatedly posts scoops from other sites.

I wonder why it's DS1 and not DS2. The other rumors seem to think they are going after something personal of Palpatine's, but it seems like he's never even been on the first one based on the contextual info of Rogue One and ANH
bobinator
AG
Yeah, it being the first Death Star doesn't make a lot of sense for all of the theories previously discussed. If there was something important on it, you'd think the emperor would have retrieved it himself or had Vader do it.

But I still think we're probably over-complicating the issue here. I basically throw out any theory that includes some sort of wild plot mechanic that's only been seen in the comics. We have seen cloning in the movies, so I'm willing to entertain some theories there, but I think some of this stuff is way out there.

Which to me either means it might be alluded to in the movie but isn't a main plot mechanic, people are drawing wild conclusions from scant evidence OR (this would be concerning) JJ was just grasping wildly for a way to bring this thing together.
Carlo4
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah, it being the first Death Star doesn't make a lot of sense for all of the theories previously discussed. If there was something important on it, you'd think the emperor would have retrieved it himself or had Vader do it.

who died on DS 1? Kenobi did.
TCTTS
AG
That was my first thought. No idea why they would need to go to the sight of his "death," though. And retrieving his robe would be especially random.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Obi-Wan had the key to ultimate victory in a pocket of his robe, but when they find it, they realized Darth Vader broke it by stepping on it when he was trying to figure out where Obi-Wan had vanished to at the end of their duel in ANH
First Page Last Page
Page 82 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.