*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

740,000 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"Fix" and "consult" are two VERY different things. Lucas wasn't "brought in" to "fix" a mess. Abrams and Terrio are telling the final installment in a story Lucas began, so they simply asked Lucas if they could pick his brain and to essentially see if there were any loose threads he had in mind for how all of this ends. If anything, it was done out of respect. That Collider article mentions nothing even close to "fixing" anything. Also, I will bet anyone here any amount of money that Lucas didn't direct a Luke Skywalker scene for Episode IX. That doesn't even remotely make sense.
Urban Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

"Fix" and "consult" are two VERY different things. Lucas wasn't "brought in" to "fix" a mess. Abrams and Terrio are telling the final installment in a story Lucas began, so they simply asked Lucas if they could pick his brain and to essentially see if there were any loose threads he had in mind for how all of this ends. If anything, it was done out of respect. That Collider article mentions nothing even close to "fixing" anything. Also, I will bet anyone here any amount of money that Lucas didn't direct a Luke Skywalker scene for Episode IX. That doesn't even remotely make sense.
pay attention nerds, you're getting schooled

Flashdiaz
AG
Promo picture of Kylo's mask is out.

whats going on with the right side.. is there a piece missing?
The Collective
AG
Looks weird
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Flashdiaz
AG
enhance...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not hugely digging that "put back together" look. Would've rather just gotten a new mask that was slightly updated to set it apart from the first one.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not hugely digging that "put back together" look. Would've rather just gotten a new mask that was slightly updated to set it apart from the first one.
Half-ass mask to go with his half-ass lightsaber
Flashdiaz
AG
I didn't mind the idea of him putting his helmet back together to show he was good at fixing things (either to focus on something or be like lil ani). But he's not even doing it, it's some hairy handed being doing it...... unless Kylo is really part wookie which is why he always wears the gloves. Chewy!?!!
TCTTS
AG
Yep. I definitely missed the hairy hands on first watch. It's apparently some kind of ape-like alien at some kind of base/castle where Kylo regroups (doesn't sound like it's Vader's castle)...

TCTTS
AG
The funniest part about Kylo's helmet being glued back together is that right after that scene of him smashing it in the elevator, he then had to have ashamedly swept up all the pieces into a dust pan or something, then kept those pieces around on his ship or whatever. Or, I guess the ape-alien or someone else could have swept them up and given them to him? Either way, yeah, it seems like an odd thing to have in this movie. I get the metaphor, but it's a little too on-the-nose if you ask me.
Gigem314
AG
TCTTS said:

The funniest part about Kylo's helmet being glued back together is that right after that scene of him smashing it in the elevator, he then had to have ashamedly swept up all the pieces into a dust pan or something, then kept those pieces around on his ship or whatever. Or, I guess the ape-alien or someone else could have swept them up and given them to him? Either way, yeah, it seems like an odd thing to have in this movie. I get the metaphor, but it's a little too on-the-nose if you ask me.
Maybe he enlisted 'Matt the radar technician' with the task so he could go back to the crew and describe Kylo's brute strength that smashed it to pieces...

twilly
AG
Maybe just pure symbolism of putting the saga/fanbase/SW Universe back together from the TLJ split.

Cause you would think the leader of the First Order could just go, "Hey you unimportant worker type person...build me a really cool evil looking mask thing that looks a lot like my old helmet. Do this or die."
bobinator
AG
I would also think he'd have like... backup helmets...
The Collective
AG
We all know the ape-like alien creature is just part of Lucasfilm's Warwick Davis jobs program.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hah!
bangobango
AG
bobinator said:

I would also think he'd have like... backup helmets...

Or just order a new one from whatever company is making the sith overlord helmets.
bobinator
AG
Maybe the supplier was in the Hosnian system. Oops.
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Would wager that this isn't his only look in the film.
jokershady
AG
Holy hell I think that helmet looks bad ass!
amercer
AG
bobinator said:

Maybe the supplier was in the Hosnian system. Oops.

Freaking trade war
amercer
AG
Dp
jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

Nothing has been said because - no offense - but this Zeroh guy has and always will be full of sh*t. He's pretty much a joke. I wouldn't believe a word he says about anything.
Cant speak for anyone else quoted but he's right about this clown.

Go back and watch some of his old videos leading up to TLJ....it's all fan fiction that he twists into rumors and reality for clicks.

Didn't someone high up from Star Wars (or even an actor) contact him and ask him to cut it out cause of how fake everything was?
The Collective
AG
Agree on Zeroh. Ignoring his horribly annoying voice and speech rhythm, the dude just makes **** up or steals ideas from reddit users. You can't put out what seems like daily videos with rumors for 12 months and expect your info to be anywhere close to respectable.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean, he's no Agent Smith.
TCTTS
AG
He may live in the Matrix, but at least his info is real.
aggiephoenix02
CJS4715 said:

Agree on Zeroh. Ignoring his horribly annoying voice and speech rhythm, the dude just makes **** up or steals ideas from reddit users. You can't put out what seems like daily videos with rumors for 12 months and expect your info to be anywhere close to respectable.
Everything single thing he says sounds like he's asking a question even though he is just talking... and he's dumb and doesn't know *****

"?Episode IX is just a few months away...?
?I have the latest news on Luke Skywalker....?
?If you liked this video, please press like and Subscribe...?"
-This has been a message from the Entertainment Board Sneaker Thread Player Haterz Club President
TCTTS
AG
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this means that there will be no Star Wars presence at Comic-Con, and that both The Mandalorian and TROS will be at D23 (there were rumors that TROS might do Comic-Con instead). In other words, it's looking like it'll be August before we see anything official again with regards to TROS...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Makes sense. Hadn't even considered there would be.
TCTTS
AG
There were rumors that Disney wanted the D23 spotlight solely on The Mandalorian, and were thus relegating TROS to Comic-Con, but admittedly that scenario never made much sense.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
This is a bit off topic, but with WB not really having a huge presence at Comic-Con, and now Disney skipping it too, has it lost its spot as a launching place for genre films? Is Marvel supposed to be unveiling anything there?
TCTTS
AG
I had a thread last year linking to a couple stories about how the movie presence at Comic-Con was dying, but then there were a couple of last-minute studio additions, and things seemed relatively fine. Not like it used to be by any means, but Warner Bros. had their big panel and I think two or three other studios did as well, even though they felt like diet versions of what they used to be. But WB leaving this year definitely feels like the nail in the coffin. They were the last remaining studio who went all out and really made an event of it. And now with TROS confirmed for D23, this feels like the first year I probably won't even pay attention. Maybe a couple studios show, and maybe WB comes back next year, but this really is starting to feel like the end of an era.
TCTTS
AG
Oh, and it looks like Marvel will be D23 as well. That Saturday Disney is presenting all their live-action stuff in one big panel, of which Star Wars will be a part, and my guess is that's when Marvel finally unveils the new slate/next phase of the MCU as well.
TCTTS
AG
No spoilers...

jokershady
AG
Glad there's no spoilers but I'm going to try and stay in the dark as much as possible on this one.

With the exception of the next wide release trailer that's expected to debut in October and this thread....I'm avoiding anything else
First Page Last Page
Page 79 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.