*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

740,006 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AOC = Attack of the Clones

jokershady
AG
Lol I know who AOC is just didn't recognize her in this artwork
JCRiley09
AG
Of all people to derail a SW thread...
TCTTS
AG
It was clearly a joke.
JCRiley09
AG
I get it, but after pages and pages of TLJ hate due to SJW blah blah, aren't you throwing out red meat?
cbr
AG
TCTTS said:

Great news, guys! J.J. recast Rey!

Lol, she'd fit RIGHT IN with that last ****ty movie. Let's hope that crap is behind us.
TCTTS
AG
Do you really think anyone is going to take that seriously and start ranting about AOC in Star Wars? Even I more faith in this board than that.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

Do you really think anyone is going to take that seriously and start ranting about AOC in Star Wars?

maybe we need a SW Humor thread - GOT had to separate out the memes from serious discussions about prophecies and Howland Reed.
Gigem314
AG
TCTTS said:

AOC = Attack of the Clones

Finally something apocalyptic enough to get us out of the zombie fad...
JetAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Do you really think anyone is going to take that seriously and start ranting about AOC in Star Wars? Even I more faith in this board than that.

Do you even TexAgs, bro? It has already begun.
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

Belton Ag
AG
Since the Force is all about balance, let's balance this thread out.

Now everyone can be pissed off.
bangobango
AG
cbr said:

Maybe im missing something but why exactly is this called rise of skywalker.

Because Disney is desperately trying to lure back the large portion of the Star Wars fanbase that Rian Johnson alienated with TLJ. Expect Luke to be featured as much or more than any of the new cast on the marketing materials leading up to release (though that doesn't mean he will actually do anything in the movie worth seeing).
Gigem314
AG
Belton Ag said:

Triggers...everywhere.
The Collective
AG
Don't ever change bango.
Madmarttigan
AG
He's not wrong in this case.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bango is the kind of guy who will complain even if JJ makes the best Star Wars movie ever made, and he watched it while getting head from Daisy Ridley.
Flashdiaz
AG
TCTTS said:

back to a galaxy far far away....

what is the connection between this weapon. Is it intentional like the Knights of Ren are known to collect artifacts, is it related Crimson Dawn or was it simply some props guy thinking it was a cool looking weapon to be reused?
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Bango is the kind of guy who will complain even if JJ makes the best Star Wars movie ever made, and he watched it while getting head from Daisy Ridley.
Throw in a tumbler of Jameson on the rocks and Tyrion Lannister himself could not have envisioned a better way to leave this world.
ja86
AG
Urban Ag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Throw in a tumbler of Jameson on the rocks and Tyrion Lannister himself could not have envisioned a better way to leave this world.
agreed, though I would go with Red Breast if you are in on Irish whiskey.

canadiaggie
AG
Belton Ag said:

Someone shop Putin's face over Palpy and complete the set
Liquid Wrench
Flashdiaz said:

TCTTS said:

back to a galaxy far far away....

what is the connection between this weapon. Is it intentional like the Knights of Ren are known to collect artifacts, is it related Crimson Dawn or was it simply some props guy thinking it was a cool looking weapon to be reused?
That's why I asked about Darth Maul. Very interesting if they tie something back.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

"I couldn't hear the dialogue over all the slurping."
jokershady
AG
Good lord....
redline248
AG
bangobango
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Dude ....
TCTTS
AG
I mean what the hell is with this thing?

redline248
AG
I really wouldn't give it too much thought. Easter egg type thing. Maybe it was in a popular game or something.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
TCTTS said:

I mean what the hell is with this thing?

A hatchet?

jokershady
AG
Oops.....posted on the wrong Star Wars thread....
bangobango
AG
So, has anything been said about Lucas coming in to help clean up Rian Johnson's mess?

Interesting Mike Zeroh video that may be too spoiler for some regarding Luke's role in New movie:

wonder if Luke's new power will be something that shows he didn't become a force ghost at the end of TLJ? Like he can now teleport to other planets or something (but shows up naked). Or maybe time travel?
TCTTS
AG
Nothing has been said because - no offense - but this Zeroh guy has and always will be full of sh*t. He's pretty much a joke. I wouldn't believe a word he says about anything.
bangobango
AG
TCTTS said:

Nothing has been said because - no offense - but this Zeroh guy has and always will be full of sh*t. He's pretty much a joke. I wouldn't believe a word he says about anything.

You say that about everybody.

EDIT: just realized that I confused Mike Zeroh with another YouTuber guy who has a much bigger channel and I find to be a credible source. I will defer to your opinion as I don't know anything about Mike Zeroh, though it does look like Lucas was brought in to consult in this last film.
bangobango
AG
Quote:

This movie had a very, very specific challenge, which was to take eight films and give an ending to three trilogies, and so we had to look at, what is the bigger story? We had conversations amongst ourselves, we met with George Lucas before writing the script," Abrams revealed. "These were things that were in real, not debate, but looking at the vastness of the story and trying to figure out, what is the way to conclude this? But it has to work on its own as a movie, it has to be its own thing, it has to be surprising and funny and you have to understand it."

I don't think it's in dispute that Lucas was brought in to help fix the mess Rian Johnson made. Of course nobody with the movie or Disney is going to just come out and throw Rian under the bus directly, but it doesn't take much reading between the lines to parse out what JJ is saying here.

https://www.google.com/amp/collider.com/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-george-lucas-involvement/amp/
TCTTS
AG
I say that about "everybody" because the reality is there are only a handful of journalist/bloggers/etc with genuine, insider connections and knowledge. I say that about "everybody" because I hate seeing so many of you being taken advantage of, and I hate seeing these guys making a profit off of unsuspecting fans. I don't do it out of a desire to be some kind of authority on the matter. All these guys are clickbait hucksters who deserve to be shown for who they really are.
First Page Last Page
Page 78 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.