Robin Weigert suggests 'Deadwood' reunion movie is closer than ever

4,244 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CE Lounge Lizzard
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-entertainment-news-updates-2018-at-long-last-deadwood-robin-weigert-1532094876-htmlstory.html#

Quote:

In a new interview with The Times, actress Robin Weigert who famously portrayed Calamity Jane in the HBO western suggested that a "Deadwood" reunion is closer than ever.

"It's safe enough to say it's happening this fall," Weigert said. "There's a set being built and tax incentives to get it done. A lot of [actors] have signed on. There's a 90% chance it'll finally happen."

Time to open the $%*#$*% canned peaches.
chris1515
AG
I hope this happens!

That was a great show and just had such an abrupt ending.
PatAg
AG
I'll see you hoopleheads in line for this.
jabberwalkie09
AG
More Al Swearagen and Wu shouting "********a!" at each other, not to mention the rest of the characters would be a damn good time.
JD Shellnut
AG
Cussing on a Shakespearean level!
PooDoo
AG
Love Deadwood but don't think I'd be comfortable watching this in a theater.
Ag 11
AG
Al Bula
AG
Obligatory

Al Bula
AG
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/deadwood-movie-is-finally-happening-at-hbo-1129743
Duncan Idaho
PooDoo said:

Love Deadwood but don't think I'd be comfortable watching this in a theater.

I have no idea what virtue you are signaling with this statement
bearamedic99
AG
I'm not sure it's a movie for theaters but maybe a movie for HBO broadcast?
Bunk Moreland
So pumped.

The best set in the history of television. The slow pace and character development was up there with the best. I think the legacy of the show was actually helped by the cancelation after season 3.
Kearney McRaven

One of the most realistic and horrific fight scenes ever.
MW03
AG
I know it makes no sense whatsoever, but I hope somehow Walter Groggins moves in to play a character taking over for Powers Boothe.
Leggo My Elko
AG
I've been reading headlines of "Deadwood Movie likely happening soon" for years. I'll get excited once they start filming.
Leggo My Elko
AG
After reading the article I'm less than excited. The whole article is based on the actress who played Calamity Jane saying it's likely. No comments from HBO or the show creators.
MW03
AG
TexjbA&M said:

After reading the article I'm less than excited. The whole article is based on the actress who played Calamity Jane saying it's likely. No comments from HBO or the show creators.
That's true for my article in the OP, but RPM posted one later that comes from HBO proper.

Quote:

HBO is officially moving forward with the "Deadwood" movie. The announcement was made by HBO programming president Casey Bloys at the TCA summer press tour on Wednesday.

"All of these people worked hard to get this together," Bloys said. "It's been a logistics nightmare getting all the cast members' schedules together, but we are there. It is greenlit."

Bloys also said the movie is currently scheduled to begin shooting in October for a spring 2019 air date, but added that the date is not "set in stone."

This is not the first time Bloys had been questioned about the potential movie. Just last year, he praised the script he got for the film from series creator David Milch.

"I wanted a script that would stand on its own I'm happy to say that David totally delivered on that. It's a terrific script," Bloys said at the time.

Leggo My Elko
AG
Sweet, I missed that. I'll be excited when they start filming.
Bunk Moreland
Most of that cast only saw their stars explode since Deadwood has gone away, so I'm sure it was very hard for them to get schedules to align.

Given that, saying it's officially greenlit...this thing is in the oven. Can't wait till it's ready
Leggo My Elko
AG
Paging TCTTS, what do you know? Should we be excited?
mrsbeer05
AG
I guess a rewatch of Deadwood will be happening in the Beer house
Al Bula
AG
To this day, I am still confounded as to why E. B. hated the tit licker so much.
Prosperdick
AG
I'm a little concerned that the 12 year gap will age up most of the actors to the point it might be a bit jarring to watch (assuming it's set roughly at the same time, who knows, Milch might fast forward it a decade). I hope I'm wrong as Deadwood is one of my top 5 shows ever.
Bunk Moreland
Olyphant, McShane, & Hawkes should be fine (Seth, Al, Sol).
Potcake
AG
Has it really been 12 years?
Prosperdick
AG
Potcake said:

Has it really been 12 years?
Sadly...yes and I think McShane is starting to show some wear & tear, I'm sure makeup can do wonders (plus it's the old west, people looked haggard quickly). I just hope it comes to fruition, just to take in these incredible characters and actors one more time.
dvldog
AG
He's looked all right in John Wick.
Ag 11
AG
I'll believe it when I see it
MW03
AG
https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/12/deadwood-hbo-first-look-photos/
MW03
AG
brew82
Can't wait!
Al Bula
AG
Whoa - didn't realize this was already coming out in May.
JD Shellnut
AG
Bunch of hoople headed **********s!
Prosperdick
AG
They replayed the S1 finale last night, still as incredible as I remember. That tracking shot of Bullock after he beat Alma's dad was brilliant and Doc dancing with Jewel at the end was the perfect ending.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Prosperdick said:

They replayed the S1 finale last night, still as incredible as I remember. That tracking shot of Bullock after he beat Alma's dad was brilliant and Doc dancing with Jewel at the end was the perfect ending.
I sat down and watched an episode or two that were from later in the season. The Reverend was starting to lose it and the interaction between Swearengen and Wu was great. I couldn't help but miss the show.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.