***Godzilla: King of the Monsters***

48,123 Views | 437 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Capitol Ag
Spyderman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw it last Thurs and want to see it again...IMAX in Bryan.

Rarely does something exceed expectations, but this did.

dmart90
AG
Just saw it - it was enjoyable. It wasn't great; it wasn't horrible. Fun flick!
“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
agracer
AG
saw it last night...was worried based on what some hear said but I shouldn't have. This is the best Godzilla movie ever made. Action scenes were fantastic, Godzilla was awesome, Monster Zero was well done!

Yes, the dialogue was campy, but who cares. It's a movie about MONSTERS!!!

One thing though, where did some of the other monsters come from? Never seen some of them before (gigantic mammoth, spider like thing.... Also, they were supposed to ALL be awake (17 and counting) yet their were only 4 at the end with Godzilla....??
BQCadet
AG
agracer said:

saw it last night...was worried based on what some hear said but I shouldn't have. This is the best Godzilla movie ever made. Action scenes were fantastic, Godzilla was awesome, Monster Zero was well done!

Yes, the dialogue was campy, but who cares. It's a movie about MONSTERS!!!

One thing though, where did some of the other monsters come from? Never seen some of them before (gigantic mammoth, spider like thing.... Also, they were supposed to ALL be awake (17 and counting) yet their were only 4 at the end with Godzilla....??
Was wondering this too
GiveEmHellBill
AG
My thought was that with all 17 scattered all over the planet, only a handful could have traversed that distance and made it to Boston in that amount of time.
agracer
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

My thought was that with all 17 scattered all over the planet, only a handful could have traversed that distance and made it to Boston in that amount of time.
17 or not, my question was more of WTF are these monsters....I've seen all the Godzilla movies (as a kid) and flat out don't ever remember seeing some of them.
Goro Majima
AG
agracer said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

17 or not, my question was more of WTF are these monsters....I've seen all the Godzilla movies (as a kid) and flat out don't ever remember seeing some of them.
All are original creatures for the movie. Legendary only has the rights to Godzilla, Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra. Every individual character has rights so if Legendary wanted to get more, it would have been a lot more expensive.
Yoda
AG
There's a question I can't shake. In hindsight, I just can't figure out why on earth Tywin Lannister and his soldiers murder every single person in the facility at the beginning of the movie. What is their purpose or goal for the attack? On first watch, I was thinking it was to kidnap the mother and daughter, but mainly to get the communication device. Once we know the mom's true goal, it makes no sense. She literally had the device at home with her that morning. Why murder all those people? Later, we are supposed to have a bit of sympathy for her in a, "I must do something terrible for what I think is the greater good", but her friends/co-workers didn't have to die, and it really makes her an irredeemable character IMO.

Only thing I can come up with is they needed to confirm the device worked and maybe free baby Mothra. Well, one, it looked like Mothra was leaving the facility with or without her. Two, I got no sense that the device was going to be stolen from her once it was shown it worked.

Am I missing something?

TCTTS
AG

Quote:

The interesting thing about Emmerich's comment, other than the fact that he's basically in so many words admitting a partial defeat with 'King of the Monsters,' is the implication about what would cause a delay with "Godzilla vs. Kong." You see, filming of the latest film is already wrapped, and production was seemingly on pace to easily be ready by March. But what is likely is that additional photography will be ordered and some significant changes will be made, which would necessitate the delay.

However, the other option would be that WB wants to delay the release to avoid the short gap between films and to make sure it doesn't have the competition that spring 2020 brings. But it's also likely that we're looking at a combination of both reasons.

https://theplaylist.net/godzilla-kong-delay-wb-20190610
Phat32
AG
Loved it. Saw it in IMAX and it was worth every damn penny.

YouBet
AG
Finally saw this last night. First of all, FU Xbox because I purchased the movie only to get an error and was unable to watch in my home theater. It did work online though, so I had to watch on my computer with headphones.

That aside....I was disappointed in this. I was made to believe that this movie was much more monster and much less humans. There was too many human scenes and they were terrible bad. I hated the mom. Completely irredeemable in my eyes.

Monster scenes were fun but I think I like the first Godzilla movie with mutos better.
mazag08
AG
Just saw it. Pacing was awful. They could have made two movies, first one where halfway through Monster 0 gets released and the climax being the fallout from Rodan being set free / Monster 0 calling all the other monsters / Monster 0 setting up shop in DC. The second movie could have gone a LOT more in depth on what's happening around the world, humans regrouping, Godzilla beinf revived, and final battle.

This was extremely rushed and thus had horrible dialogue and weak acting.

That said,

I loved every second of it.
KidDoc
AG
Ok I started to watch Wick 3 on a flight and changed after the stables scene. Just way stupid I couldn't take it.

Watched Godzilla instead and man what an awesome movie! I loved that the villains were eco terrorists going over the top. Hated the mom character which I think was intended. Loved the monster fights and that Monster 0 was an alien. Just a fun monster movie all around the best after Kong Skull Island for this kid of the 80s.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sex Panther
AG
KidDoc said:

Ok I started to watch Wick 3 on a flight and changed after the stables scene. Just way stupid I couldn't take it.

Watched Godzilla instead and man what an awesome movie! I loved that the villains were eco terrorists going over the top. Hated the mom character which I think was intended. Loved the monster fights and that Monster 0 was an alien. Just a fun monster movie all around the best after Kong Skull Island for this kid of the 80s.

Let me get this straight

John Wick was too stupid... so you changed to... Godzilla
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
KidDoc
AG
Sex Panther said:

KidDoc said:

Let me get this straight

John Wick was too stupid... so you changed to... Godzilla
I'm guessing it has something to do with my background knowledge of basic human physiology and horses relative to giant monsters.

The amount of punishment Wick takes combined with his masterful control of horse kicking and lack of picking up weapons when he knocked out their wielders was just too much for me as opposed to giant Titans destroying cities and each other which makes sense in their fictional world.

I guess Wick just jumps the shark for me due to my background in reality and the fact that Wick is just a super trained dude not a super monster.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TCTTS
AG
Just watched this again on HBO, and while I'm not about to eat a full crow, I will at least take a small bite. The plot is still rushed, the human characters are still bad, and the dialogue is still terrible, but I have to admit that this *is* at least a somewhat "fun" movie, with a story that plays better on second viewing. That, and the monsters/titans are handled about as well as one could hope. To the point where I'm at least kind of curious now about Godzilla vs Kong, which is still scheduled to release this November.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They gave you a medical degree?
Capitol Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

Just watched this again on HBO, and while I'm not about to eat a full crow, I will at least take a small bite. The plot is still rushed, the human characters are still bad, and the dialogue is still terrible, but I have to admit that this *is* at least a somewhat "fun" movie, with a story that plays better on second viewing. That, and the monsters/titans are handled about as well as one could hope. To the point where I'm at least kind of curious now about Godzilla vs Kong, which is still scheduled to release this November.
We rewatched it this week as well and I'd have to agree. The mother's character felt forced and given the number of things that needed to develop for all the main monsters to fight at the climax, it was rushed. But it is totally fun. It's a kaiju movie and a Godzilla one at that. Still awesome to see the biggest green guy fight Ghidorah at the end. I still think GvsK will be a territorial thing at first then they have to cooperate to beat a new Ghidorah as the credit scene implies.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.