***Stranger Things Season 3***

36,137 Views | 256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nai06
Olsen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just finished the entire season. I think I'm going to need a season 4 like tomorrow already.
Max Power
AG
About 4 episodes in and there's shades of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Red Dawn, a little bit of Terminator as well. Really enjoying this so far. The mall stuff is great.

FYI the girl that works in the ice cream parlor with Steve is the daughter of Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman, she looked so much like someone familiar it was bothering me. She looks so much like them, it's crazy.
aTmAg
AG
I watched the whole thing. I thought it was good. However:

The whole Russian bond lair plot device seemed sorta out there and cliche to me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, the plan was to pace myself and watch two episodes a day all weekend.

Needless to say that didn't go well.

Five episodes down and really tempted to keep going.
hph6203
AG
On the last episode, definitely better than season 2.
Trident 88
AG
I finished it. Best season yet, IMO.

The only thing that I hated was Dusty bun and Suzie poo singing together over the radio in the last episode. It went on way, way too long.
aTmAg
AG
Trident 88 said:

I finished it. Best season yet, IMO.

The only thing that I hated was Dusty bun and Suzie poo singing together over the radio in the last episode. It went on way, way too long.
Yeah, that started to get akward. And she was no Phoebe Cates
nosoupforyou
AG
What's with the no spoilers.. it's friggin' Stranger Things 3 thread!!

I want to talk about it and ask questions.. can we do that?

Why would someone that isn't finished click on a thread and risk it?

I'll be gentle with this question I guess if the thread says no spoilers...

So... who is the American mentioned at the end?! I want to believe... anyone know if it's clearly him??
aTmAg
AG
I figured it better to be safe than sorry on spoilers. People flag me at they drop of a hat on this forum.

I think the American is Murray Bauman. He's the only guy who went down there who is unaccounted for.
hph6203
AG
Murray Bauman escapes with Joyce Byers and the last time you see him is when he surrenders to the American military. He wasn't unaccounted for. The Russians disappeared completely before the Americans showed up and with them they took Hopper. There is no other character it would be and they're not going to kill off Fat Rambo.
ApachePilot
AG
Loved it.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Only a year and a half wait to see what became of you-know-who.

It won't be easy but the wait for Cyberpunk 77 has taught me to distract myself with life.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
nosoupforyou said:

What's with the no spoilers.. it's friggin' Stranger Things 3 thread!!

I want to talk about it and ask questions.. can we do that?

Why would someone that isn't finished click on a thread and risk it?

I'll be gentle with this question I guess if the thread says no spoilers...

So... who is the American mentioned at the end?! I want to believe... anyone know if it's clearly him??

Clearly it has to be Fat Rambo.

Either he teleported or the Russians retrieved him from The Upside Down.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Ag Since 83
AG
Really glad they involved the Soviets more, as it allowed for a bit of world expansion without repeating the same "Eleven saves them from a monster" story exactly the same way.

That letter at the end was really well done
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My super nerd child of the 1980s is dismayed that they showed Dustin owning a toy of the Transformer Ultra Magnus in 1985 when Ultra Magnus was not introduced to America until the 1986 Transformers Movie.

Worst Early Autobot Sighting Ever.

The Kraken
AG
The wife wanted to pace ourselves and do only 2 episodes per day. That didn't work out....after the second episode she wanted to keep going so we did the whole season.

This season was entertaining...but took a sharp downward turn with episode 5 and the introduction of the Russians. My mind can suspend disbelief for the upside down dimension, monster creatures and the like but having the Soviets build a secret underground complex manned by uniform wearing soldiers was too much. Also Hopper's character was weirdly cartoony compared to the first two seasons

nosoupforyou
AG
Regarding Russians- I believe that was talked about in season1 or 2, wasn't it? It didn't come out of nowhere...

And yes - why fertilizer and bleach? Maybe it helped get them to 'goo' themselves easier?
aTmAg
AG
hph6203 said:

Murray Bauman escapes with Joyce Byers and the last time you see him is when he surrenders to the American military. He wasn't unaccounted for. The Russians disappeared completely before the Americans showed up and with them they took Hopper. There is no other character it would be and they're not going to kill off Fat Rambo.
That is sorta lame if true. They showed him standing right next to it seconds before she turned the keys. People further away basically evaporated. If he's alive that would be like Glenn in walking dead lame.
hph6203
AG
He dove into a refrigerator and was saved from the electromagnetic pulse.
aTmAg
AG
So are we cool with overt spoilers now?
SJEAg
AG
Someone created a Spoiler thread.

I mostly came on this thread to see opinions of the season without spoilers and imagine others may still do the same. Not sure how much time is considered normal where tags aren't necessary. I got what I needed and don't mind checking out at this point though.
The Kraken
AG
don't remember if they were mentioned in the first two seasons...but that's not the issue. The idea of the Soviets building a mall with a deep shaft and underground complex manned with soldiers and scientists in the US while keeping it secret is just too much.
hph6203
AG
But it was REALLY far underground, and the mayor was in on the scheme.
aTmAg
AG
New World Ag said:

don't remember if they were mentioned in the first two seasons...but that's not the issue. The idea of the Soviets building a mall with a deep shaft and underground complex manned with soldiers and scientists in the US while keeping it secret is just too much.
Agreed. It reminds me of a movie from the 80's called D.A.R.Y.L. where a genius kid escapes from the police/military by stealing an SR-71 to fly himself to safety. It was cool as hell if you are a kid. But a little eye-roll inducing if you are supposed to take it seriously as an adult.

Though this movie is about kids, I suspect that most of it's audience are adults who watch it for nostalgia reasons. This one aspect of season 3 came off a little as something that people my age would watch with their kids rather than watch for themselves.
cbr
AG
Never seen this show at all - worth watching?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

And mentioned this in the S2 thread, but this means the summer of Back to the Future.

Whoop
Bruce Almighty
AG
cbr said:

Never seen this show at all - worth watching?

If you like Stephen King and movies like ET, Poltergeist and The Goonies, then yea.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty sure this is my favorite season. The references are outta control.

Starting finale.
Ag Since 83
AG
I hope I'm not the only one who yelled "88 miles per hour!!!!" along with Doc

D.A.R.Y.L. was on the theater marquee
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep, definitely the best season of Stranger Things. So awesome.

Finale spoiler: So is Hopper alive? The American in Russia?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not everyone can watch this in 2 days. There's a clearly marker spoiler thread you can go to if using spoiler tags is too difficult.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.