***** Luke Cage - Season Two - All In (spoilers in here) *****

3,058 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by fig96
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought this season was better until the end yet again completely jumped ship with him taking over the club and refusing to see Claire. Made zero sense from the way they have molded the character. Him burning the club down would have actually made more sense to me.
Formerly tv1113
texasaggie04
AG
tv1113 said:

I thought this season was better until the end yet again completely jumped ship with him taking over the club and refusing to see Claire. Made zero sense from the way they have molded the character. Him burning the club down would have actually made more sense to me.

I don't know that they completely jumped ship with that decision... they're showing that Luke still has anger, that he think "Harlem needs a king." Power corrupts, that's a theme they've explored quite a bit. Builds to a third season where he falls and has to redeem himself.
fig96
AG
So finally finished S2 over the weekend, thought the ending in particular was way stronger than S1 and as a whole the entire season was much better.

I saw the twist with Tilda and Mariah coming but thought it was rather poetic, and I liked the ending with Luke taking over the club and starting to shift him into a more morally gray area.

The introduction of Danny into the series was (somewhat surprisingly) really good and made me start hoping for a Heroes for Hire series. Iron Fist S2 definitely starts to set up Daughters of the Dragon as well, I'm curious to see what direction Netflix takes it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.