Paul McCartney on Carpool Karaoke

6,239 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Fairview
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Corden might as well retire Carpool Karaoke now because he'll never top this. What an icon, and what an amazing segment...

chipotle
rynning
AG
That was incredible. Flashes of his greatness all the way through. Even the younger folks knew the music and understood how special that was.
birdman
That was awesome.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Incredible.
jackie childs
that was really, really cool to watch
aggieactor01
AG
Amazing. Thanks for posting.
boogieman
AG
Awesome.
TP Ag '87
AG
That pub part is why I love music. All ages, all emotions,
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Legitimately teared up at Let It Be and I'm not sure why.

Fantastic.
thenational
AG
that was so cool! Thank you!
Big Al 1992
AG
Um yeah I'm probably gonna watch this 2 or 3 or 50 times. Awesome.
62strat
AG
Makes you wonder how hard it probably is for him to go out in public in the UK. I mean, with social media/texts, literally a few hundred people could show up within a few minutes of people spotting him.

Also, nice to see the entire front row at the pub didn't have a phone in front of their face. Course, it looked like mostly older people up front!

Also also at 4:35, that's weird.. that doesn't happen in the song does it? There is a key change in the song, but not there, and not down. Maybe a weird edit.
MSFC Aggie
AG
When I first pushed play, saw that it was 23 minutes. No way I'm going to watch all of this.

Watched every second.
double aught
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Legitimately teared up at Let It Be and I'm not sure why.

Fantastic.
I totally get why.

Thanks for sharing, TC. I didn't want it to end.
schmendeler
AG
i was looking forward to it before, but super pumped now to see him at ACL.
The Collective
AG
Yea, I'd just go ahead and retire if I were James.
The Milkman
AG
I may or may not have gotten choked up when James was talking about his grandfather

"If my granddad was here right now, he'd get a kick out of this"
"He is"
The Milkman
AG
Can you imagine having had Paul McCartney's life? He's been swarmed with mobs of fans for 50 years.
SeattleAgJr
The Milkman said:

Can you imagine having had Paul McCartney's life? He's been swarmed with mobs of fans for 50 years.
well, he did die 52 years ago....
Hogties
AG
I knew this was airing last night so I woke early to watch before work. I watched it twice and was late to work. Sir Paul looked like he was having a great time.

I met Ringo last year in Vegas and am pumped to see McCartney at ACL in Oct.
Know Your Enemy
AG
That is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. I could watch 5 hours of that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just wanted to throw out that I saw him at Cowboys Stadium in 09 and it was such an amazing show.

Drove up all the way from the valley for it, totally worth it.
captkirk
AG
Pretty great
FtBendTxAg
AG
Yeah that one just can't be outdone.
Know Your Enemy
AG
TexAgs related note: If you look closely you can see Redstone drinking at the pub before McCartney took the stage.
duck79
AG
I couldn't even imagine just randomly having a beer around happy hour and all of a sudden Paul McCartney starts a show right behind me. The adrenaline flowing thru those people had to have been unreal.
FDXAg
AG
That was awesome!
EllisCoAg
AG
"She loves you, yes, yes, yes she does"

Let it Be has a whole new context now, allergies are bad for some reason
israeliag
AG
I'll be honest, I never got into the Beatles. It wasn't played that much at my house (it was but being Israeli we had other music playing). I'm in my 30s and I just now got into the Beatles.
oragator
duck79 said:

I couldn't even imagine just randomly having a beer around happy hour and all of a sudden Paul McCartney starts a show right behind me. The adrenaline flowing thru those people had to have been unreal.
FWIW, I don't think they were wholly random, I read some Liverpool papers today, they had given out free tickets for locals for a secret show by an international star. So the people there likely knew something was happening, just didnt know what,
Which explains why it was full on a random afternoon

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/tv/watch-paul-mccartney-stun-carpool-14814876

If you think about it they kind of had to do that, they couldn't set up for a place that turned out to be empty, or just a couple of whinos in the corner.d
duck79
AG
That makes sense but having people in an English pub in Liverpool all day isn't to far fetched either
Tabasco
AG
I thought the pub scene looked totally staged. I feel better to learn it was only partially staged. Thanks for the link/article
Tabasco
AG
62strat said:

Makes you wonder how hard it probably is for him to go out in public in the UK. I mean, with social media/texts, literally a few hundred people could show up within a few minutes of people spotting him.

Also, nice to see the entire front row at the pub didn't have a phone in front of their face. Course, it looked like mostly older people up front!

Also also at 4:35, that's weird.. that doesn't happen in the song does it? There is a key change in the song, but not there, and not down. Maybe a weird edit.
I'm sure everyone that got tickets and were originally in the pub had their phones taken. The only ones with phones are the ones from the street let in after. Otherwise, everyone would have had their phones out.
aggiedata
AG
i just can't stand rehearsed late night TV interviews. Nothing is spontaneous or ad libbed anymore like Carson.

This was amazing. Seems very genuine and honest to me.

Thank you for sharing.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.