Heisenberg01 said:

YouBet said:

CapCityAg89 said:

YouBet said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

YouBet said:

Interesting. I just deleted my flixster app because of how ridiculous RT has become. After Wonder Woman, Black Panther, Solo, and now this it's worthless.

Trying IMDB for now. App is 100s better anyway.
Wait, you thought Wonder Woman and Black Panther were bad movies?

I thought WW was good. Black Panther was average. Neither are 97% or whatever it was they ended up as.

I'm not sure you understand how RT works. They aren't saying WW (or BP) is a 97 on a scale of 100. They're saying 97% of reviewers were overall positive. So by your saying WW was good - you'd be part of the 97%.
I know it works that way. That 97% is inflated because of virtue signaling. That's all. Both these movies are 7.5 on IMDB which is much more realistic and objective. Although, I personally rated BP as a 5 and WW as 7.

I think most people use the user rating (I guess maybe Travolta and Cruise movies not withstanding). Black Panther was a 79 which sounds like it is very similar to IMDB. Solo got a 64. I'm not sure how just compiling thousands of viewer reviews isn't objective? All your examples are science fiction, so maybe you either have a very high bar for this genre or you just don't like the genre? Either way, you could be demonstrating a bias which isn't very objective.
True. Was thinking about the critics rating of 97% and not the Audience rating which is 79%. RT has proven to be vulnerable to social campaigns for or against certain movies because of crap like what is posted about Gotti. That's why I don't like RT anymore.

I love the SF genre and don't necessarily have a high bar. I'm entertained by a lot of movies that people get worked up over due to overthinking it and not just relaxing. BP, in particular, I simply wasn't entertained by for some reason. It had none of the fun moments that the Marvel movies typically had or at least they didn't make me smile or laugh where they tried. I just thought it was a boring, pointless movie in the overall franchise. After watching Infinity War it now feels like a total check in the box ahead of Infinity War.

Anywho, thread derail.