Movies you love but your significant other HATES

3,761 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old School Rucking
curry97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blazing Saddles
AustinAg2K
My wife and I pretty much never agree on movies. I like my movies to be good, while she only cares if the two main characters fall in love at the end. I don't remember the movie, but I remember going to a movie with her when we were dating where the whole time she complained about how awful the movie was. Like every five minutes she complained about something. Then in the last five minutes the two main characters fell in love. After the movie she was like, "Awwww... I liked that. It wad cute!" To be fair, she admits she has a terrible taste in movies.
Bruce Almighty
AG
AustinAg2K said:

My wife and I pretty much never agree on movies. I like my movies to be good, while she only cares if the two main characters fall in love at the end. I don't remember the movie, but I remember going to a movie with her when we were dating where the whole time she complained about how awful the movie was. Like every five minutes she complained about something. Then in the last five minutes the two main characters fell in love. After the movie she was like, "Awwww... I liked that. It wad cute!" To be fair, she admits she has a terrible taste in movies.

So what you're saying is that your wife only cares about the climax and the foreplay doesn't matter.
John Matrix
AG
My wife and I kind of got close initially because of our similar taste in movies, so there's not many that she and I disagree about except one notable exception: the jackass movies. Look, I've studied film from Tarkovsky, Kubrick, to john Carpenter, Spielberg, etc.but for the life of me I will never not find a guy getting hit in the nuts funny, hence my love for jackass. She doesn't get it.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Spinal Tap?
Blazing Saddles?
Caddyshack?
Fletch?

You guys need to be single.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Reminds me of a friend of mine who hates any movie that contains either a parent dying or a child dying.

Most recently he railed on about A Quiet Place because of the scene near the beginning... not to mention the ending. It was a horrorish/suspense movie and he is angry at deaths.

He didn't like Black Panther only because the dad of the other guy died at the beginning.

I like to point out to him that everyone is a child of someone, even adults, and most adults have children. But he is only bothered if it is an onscreen death of a character in which the parent/child has been shown or named.

I also pointed out to him that the vast majority of Disney films have a parent dead. He actually admitted to those not bothering him because they are animated.

Just nonsensical.

Guitarsoup
AG
My wife, son of a guy with dozens and dozens of IMDB credits, doesn't really like movies.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Guitarsoup said:

My wife, son of a guy with dozens and dozens of IMDB credits, doesn't really like movies.

Say what?
Guitarsoup
AG
Junkhead said:

Guitarsoup said:

Say what?
My wife doesn't really like movies.

Her father worked in Hollywood for over 30 years.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Does your "wife" have a dick?
Guitarsoup
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Is English not your first language?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Junkhead said:

Guitarsoup said:

Say what?
My wife doesn't really like movies.

Her father worked in Hollywood for over 30 years.
still don't think your wife is a "son of a guy"... but you can never be sure these days.

Congrats to you and her/xher/they?

Old School Rucking

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.