*** HEARTS BEAT LOUD ***

1,281 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fantastic indie with a stellar cast. Super simple and nothing at all groundbreaking, but just incredibly solid and endearing all around. Easily one of my favorites of the year so far.

And you know how a decent chunk of movies about fictional bands, or movies that have music performed in them, feature fairly generic songs that the characters inexplicably fawn over? Well, that is certainly not the case here, as the music performed by "We're Not a Band" is legit great. Like, I-just-got-home-and-the-first-thing-I-did-was-download-the-soundtrack great. Kiersey Clemons, in particular, could be a musical star if she wanted. She's so good.

Anyway, if you have a heart and like experiencing joy, go see this the moment you can, as it hit theaters in limit release on June 8, but looks to slowly be expanding over the next couple of months...

double aught
AG
"Hearts Beat Loud" is a cool song.
TCTTS
AG
New Music Video / Trailer...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sure but there are others with great songs.

TCTTS
AG
I never said there weren't. Just that, for the most part, in-movie music is pretty bland/bad. Those two are certainly great, though.
mazag08
AG
TCTTS said:

New Music Video / Trailer...

Sounds like Lights but not as good.
littlebitofhifi
AG
I caught this over the weekend and agree with everything TCTTS said. It is simple, but the performances are all fantastic and I enjoyed every minute of it. If you like any or all of John Carney's films, you should definitely check this one out. Hope it gets a wider release...

Know Your Enemy
AG
I need to check this out.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Caught this at my favorite theater in Houston today and like previously said, nothing groundbreaking, but very neat, heart warming story done very well. Huge Offerman fan, but Clemons is freaking adorable. Worth a watch. And Ted Danson and Toni Collete are great as well!!
TCTTS
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.