*** 2019 Movie Release Schedule ***

92,461 Views | 796 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh, I did a deep dive in the Tenet thread a few weeks back. I was expecting it with either this or It: Chapter 2, but was convinced it would be with It instead...

Quote:

I nerded out big time for this, but I needed to take my mind off writing for a while, and was genuinely curious as to when we can reasonably expect a teaser for Tenet. So, for each of Nolan's films that had a teaser roughly a year out (i.e. his last five films), here are the stats...

THE DARK KNIGHT
Release Date: July 18, 2008
First Teaser: July 27, 2007 (w/ The Simpsons Movie / 20th Century Fox)
= 12 months prior to release of the movie
Start of Filming: April 2, 2007
= 4 months prior to release of the teaser

INCEPTION
Release Date: July 16, 2010
First Teaser: August 21, 2009 (w/ Inglorious Basterds / The Weinstein Company)
= 11 months prior to release of the movie
Start of Filming: June 17, 2009
= 2 months prior to release of the teaser

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
Release Date: July 20, 2012
First Teaser: July 15, 2011 (w/ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 / Warner Bros.)
= 12 months prior to release of the movie
Start of Filming: May 2, 2011
= 2.5 months prior to release of the teaser

INTERSTELLAR
Release Date: November 7, 2014
First Teaser: December 14, 2013 (w/ various Christmas movies)
= 11 months prior to release of the movie
Start of Filming: August 6, 2013
= 4 months prior to release of the teaser

DUNKIRK
Release Date: July 21, 2017
First Teaser: August 4, 2016 (w/ Suicide Squad / Warner Bros.)
= 11.5 months prior to release of the movie
Start of Filming: May 14, 2016
= 3 months prior to release of the teaser

In other words, Nolan teasers debut an average of 11.5 months before the release of his movies, and an average of 3 months after the start of filming.

TENET releases July 17, 2020 and began filming May 22, 2019.

So, going by the averages, this would put TENET's first teaser debuting at some point in August.

However, seeing as Nolan's teasers don't always debut with movies of their respective studios, and there's really only one August release big enough to attach it to, IF precedent holds, here are my guesses as to when we'll see the first teaser...

- July 26 w/ Once Upon a Time In Hollywood (Sony Pictures)
- August 2 w/ Hobbs & Shaw (Universal Pictures)
- September 6 w/ It: Chapter 2 (Warner Bros.)

If I had to bet, I'd say it debuts with It: Chapter 2, seeing as it's a Warner Bros. movie. That saidm there IS also precedent for Nolan debuting a teaser with a Tarantino movie in late summer, so Once Upon a Time In Hollywood isn't out of the question either. Regardless, unless Nolan suddenly breaks the tradition of his past five films, we should be getting our first teaser before Labor Day weekend, which is pretty exciting.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, awesome. That said, just FYI, it's still not 100% confirmed. All signs are pointing to it being attached to IMAX showings tonight, as it is in the UK currently, but because it's Nolan and he loves the secrecy factor, we won't know for sure for another few hours. I'd hate for you to drive all that way, but I'd say it's a pretty safe bet.
fig96
AG
I'm just excited for the ridiculousness that will be Hobbs and Shaw this weekend.
israeliag
AG
ATM1876 said:

Sam Mendes and Roger Deakins? Oh, hell yes!

In select theaters 12.25.2019, nationwide 1.10.2020.
Dunkirk: The Prequel looks good
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
So how long until the first bootleg drops? An hour?
TCTTS
AG
Ok, so now the consensus seems to be that the earliest east coast showings start at 7 PM, not 6 PM. So if it's not officially online in the next hour or so, I think we can assume we'll have to settle for a bootleg for now...
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
You've probably already left for the theater, but just FYI, it's official. Reports coming in of New Yorkers seeing it...
TCTTS
AG
I can't remember the last time there was an actual bootleg trailer released online before the official version. It's been five years, at least. Studios have gotten WAY out in front of that, and release just about everything online ahead of time now. If WB really isn't going to release this online, and soon, it seems like such a weird decision.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Nice. We've been analyzing the hell out of the bootleg copy in the other thread, if you care to join...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What happened to the OP?
TCTTS
AG
No one said they used it, and I got tired of updating it with every trailer and release date change, so I deleted it. Starting with 2020 in the other thread, I'm keeping a very broad release schedule in the OP, without trailers and all the smaller movies that require tons of updates.
TCTTS
AG
Honestly, at this point, since I *did* delete the OP, there's really no more point in this thread. I think we can just move all new trailers, news, and release date talk to the other thread from here on out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gotcha.

I occasionally used it but not enough to warrant all the updating, I'm sure.
TCTTS
AG
When I get the chance, I'll try and add the bigger remaining 2019 release dates to the OP in the other thread.
Malachi Constant
AG
What OTHER thread?
TCTTS
AG
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3034035

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.