*** 2019 Movie Release Schedule ***

92,464 Views | 796 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS
AG
I usually try to get these threads up every summer, as that's when trailers for next year's movies often start dropping (as they did last week). As always, this isn't everything on the calendar, as a good chunk of the slate hasn't even been scheduled yet, but it's a pretty solid snapshot as to what 2019 will be offering in terms of major releases.

As a disclaimer, not all dates are wide releases, and please be aware that, starting in 2019, the current week's trailers/titles will be deleted at the end of each week so as to not clog up/overload the post. So, unfortunately, no backlog of trailers and dates.

Anyway, have at it, and please feel free to post trailers as well, just as we've always done, since I will undoubtedly miss a few here and there. In return, I'll keep the OP and the thread as a whole updated as much as I possibly can throughout the year...
TCTTS
AG
Also, I mentioned potentially doing so in the 2018 thread, but I ultimately decided against giving each season its own post (aka the first five posts of the thread). I realized that I move so many dates/titles around throughout the year that doing so between posts wouldn't be worth the trouble. But surely we can get this page to 34 posts and onto the second page relatively soon, before it gets too full of trailers so everyone's not having to scroll through the first post.
TCTTS
AG
And this list will change drastically once more trailers drop and a good chunk of the Oscar movies are scheduled, but for the heck of it, as of now, my top 25 most anticipated of 2019...

01. Top Gun: Maverick
02. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
03. Star Wars: Episode IX
04. Untitled Avengers 4
05. The Irishman
06. Untitled Richard Linklater NASA Project
07. Untitled James Bond 25
08. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
09. You Are My Friend
10. The Lion King
11. Untitled Spider-Man: Homecoming Sequel
12. Glass
13. Gemini Man
14. Captain Marvel
15. Untitled Men in Black Spin-Off
16. Toy Story 4
17. The Laundromat
18. It: Chapter 2
19. Untitled Wonder Woman Sequel
20. Untitled Terminator Sequel/Reboot
21. Us
22. Where'd You Go, Bernadette?
23. John Wick: Chapter 3
24. Shazam!
25. Rocketman
Madmarttigan
AG
Only ones I will probably get around to seeing in theaters so my most anticipated is abbreviated to

1. Avengers 4
2. Spiderman
3. John Wick 3
4. Wonder Woman
5. James Bond
6. Star Wars IX, saddens me this is in last place

Formerly tv1113
TCTTS
PharmD4
AG
So it begins...
Urban Ag
AG
thanks for putting this together

My 12 year old is already a huge movie guy and I show him these threads so he can plan his movie year

TyHolden
AG
John Wick 3....best trilogy evar
FancyKetchup14
AG
TCTTS said:

01.11 - What Men Want

TCTTS
AG
That's awesome to hear.
TCTTS
AG
ATM1876 said:

Bummed to be reminded that The Irishman is a 2019 release. I realize that's been the consensus for a while but for some reason I keep thinking this one's a late 2018 release (as some of the early reports indicated). If Netflix really thinks they have a contender then they'll probably wait until fall 2019 to release it like they did with Mudbound.

I've seen some people saying there's a chance it hits at the very end of this year, but I'd be surprised. I'm betting the likely extensive effects work is what's pushing it to 2019, and yeah, if that's the case, Netflix will likely just hold it 'til the fall for awards consideration.
Brick Tamland
1. Star Wars
2. Bond
3. Wonder Woman
3b. Avengers
4. Men in Black
4b. Toy Story 4
5. Shazam
6. Captain Marvel
7. Spider-Man

I'll probably go see Top Gun, Aladdin, Lion King, and Doolittle (because of RDJ)
Average Joe
AG
I'm excited about several on this list. Just making my way down the list:

Helloboy
Glass
Lego 2
X-Men
Captain marvel
Pet Sematary
Shazam
Avengers
John Wick
Rocketman
Godzilla
Men in Black
Shaft
Toy Story
Cowboy Ninja Viking
Spiderman
Top Gun 2
Hobbs and Shaw
New Mutants
Artemis Fowl
Addams Family
Wonder Woman 2
James Bond 25
Terminator
Masters of the Universe
Star Wars
Jumanji
The Irishman

However, I hate the idea of remaking The Crow. I loved the original. It doesn't need a remake.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. I'm really nervous about the whole de-aging thing. The effects work in some of Scorsese's latest efforts, especially his use of green screen, has been pretty bad. But the movies themselves are always so good that it really doesn't matter. Here, however, we won't be able to look past the effects. So yeah, they should take all the time they need.
TCTTS
AG
My buddy has been on the Gemini Man set on and off for a few months now. He of course hasn't seen any effects work yet, but he's seen dailies in 3D and he says it's wild. Ang Lee is shooting at 120 frames per second, and the image is apparently so clear and life-like that the actors are forced to wear very little makeup because it looks so fake when they wear the normal amount. That aspect honestly doesn't sound at all appealing to me, as I hated The Hobbit in 48fps, but yeah, I'm definitely curious to see how the effects work turns out.
TCTTS
AG

In theaters: March 29, 2019
TCTTS
AG
This actually looks... pretty good? Either way, it's the first of Disney's THREE live-action adaptations currently scheduled for next year. Dumbo in March, Aladdin in May, and then of course The Lion King in July.
ja86
AG
TCTTS said:

My buddy has been on the Gemini Man set on and off for a few months now. He of course hasn't seen any effects work yet, but he's seen dailies in 3D and he says it's wild. Ang Lee is shooting at 120 frames per second, and the image is apparently so clear and life-like that the actors are forced to wear very little makeup because it looks so fake when they wear the normal amount. That aspect honestly doesn't sound at all appealing to me, as I hated The Hobbit in 48fps, but yeah, I'm definitely curious to see how the effects work turns out.

Hope you like the look of video game cut scenes
SeattleAgJr
TCTTS said:

This actually looks... pretty good? Either way, it's the first of Disney's THREE live-action adaptations currently scheduled for next year. Dumbo in March, Aladdin in May, and then of course The Lion King in July.
Yeah, that seems a bit too much.

On top of Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2.

A lot of recycled/sequelitis for Disney next year.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

Okay, the first thing I thought before I clicked on the trailer was "if they have that "Baby Mine, Don't You Cry" scene in this movie, I'll be f-ing crying in front of my kids while watching this." That scene has ALWAYS brought a tear to my eye.

And then BAM! The f-ing trailer starts with those lyrics. Dammit.

Still.....looks good and has a great cast. But: no Timothy the mouse? He's being replaced by a couple of kids? I guess they're trying to keep this as "grounded in reality" as possible.
bbattbq01
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

I guess they're trying to keep this as "grounded in reality" as possible.

Which is kinda confusing considering it's a movie about a flying elephant.
israeliag
AG
Hellboy and then a week later Glass to kick off the year? Dang.
MW03
AG
In for:

Glass
Pet Semetary
John Wick 3
Toy Story 4
Cowboy Ninja Viking
Top Gun 2
It 2
The Crow reboot
Wonder Woman 1984
JB25
Terminator reboot
The Irishman
Al Bula
AG
Holy sh t..... dumbo looks amazing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019
Dumbo - March 29, 2019
Avengers 4 - April 26, 2019
Aladdin - May 24, 2019
Toy Story 4 - June 21, 2019
The Lion King - July 19, 2019

Those 4 months for Disney though...

PharmD4
AG
TCTTS said:

@1:09 - Wonder if Danny's using the same costume as he did in Big Fish
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Scotty Flamingo
Had no idea they were making an Artemis Fowl movie. I remember reading the book and imagining him as Stewie Griffin.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.