It Was Him: The Many Murders of Ed Edwards

1,542 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
BlackLab
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone catching this documentary? Second episode is tonight. Crazy theories.
LHIOB
AG
Whats it about?
Channel?
lunchbox
Never heard about it until now...but just poked around a bit.

Looks like ep1 is here: http://www.paramountnetwork.com/episodes/4a6g3w/it-was-him-the-killer-gene-season-1-ep-1

I watched the History channel's Zodiac Killer show, mainly because they were using super computing to try to break the codes. It will be interesting to see how the two differ when they get to the Zodiac part.
Ag_07
AG
I started a thread on this last week and guess it got bumped onto page 2.

I stumbled on it because the tv was on Paramount when it started so I watched the first episode.

The theory is so far out there I'm not sure I'll watch it all, but at the same time it was interesting enough to hold my attention the entire hour. I was sitting there thinking 'WTF? This guy is nuts. This is BS' and before I knew it I had watched the entire episode.

I will say that some of the stuff the grandson says is really dumb and annoys me. Like when he sates 'I'm wondering if there is an evil gene that I have in me. Am I gonna wake up one day and want to all of a sudden kill?'.

Little stuiff like that I can do without but overall it's a fascinating theory and I'll hang around for a bit and give it chance.
BlackLab
AG
Theory that Ed Edwards was a bigger serial killer than what is believed. Theory is he is the zodiac killer and killer of Jon benet ramsey, black dahlia, and laci Peterson among many other famous murders.
lunchbox
OK - watched Ep1 during lunch...

I agree with the poster above about the grandson being annoying in that he keeps worrying he is going to be a murderer because his grandfather was.

I also think the former detective is nuts. You can already see he has hurt people in doing what he is doing...yet he pushes ahead.

I'll probably set the DVR and catch up when nothing is on.
aggiespartan
AG
I just watched episode one and it was pretty weird, even for me. And I like all the really weird shows about stuff like this. I'll probably give it another episode, but I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to make it.
Redstone
AG
There was already a thread about this.

Mostly nonsense. Hodel was Zodiac and Black Dhalia.
lunchbox
Couldn't make it through Ep3.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
This is the new trend on these investigative shows. Present the audience with shock value theories and suspects. History Channel is doing this a lot and picking up viewers and other networks are catching on.
lunchbox
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

This is the new trend on these investigative shows. Present the audience with shock value theories and suspects. History Channel is doing this a lot and picking up viewers and other networks are catching on.
Agreed....you get sucked into the show and then before you know it, there is like 2 mins left and they haven't solved it yet...then they say something like "I guess the world will never know..."

The reason I liked the Hunt for the Zodiac Killer show was because they were looking closer at guys that were already suspects and using a super computer to try to break the codes.
AgTDub
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

I'm sick of these shows like this. Josh Gates' shows on the travel channel are some more. I don't know if it's the shows I can't stand or myself because I know there will never be a resolution going into it but I watch it anyway.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
History Channel has recently done shows on:

"Hitler Escaped and Lived in South America"
"Anglin Brothers Safely Escaped Alcatraz and Lived in South America"
"Amelia Earhart survived a Landing and Was Held Hostage on an Island".

Most of these shows/theories are debunked pretty easily by simple research. Have to admit though, I'm guilty of tuning in.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.