*****Official Lost in Space-Netflix*****

5,029 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 91_Aggie
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
91_Aggie said:

Didn't read too many posts since I've only watched the first episode.

And I was completely underwhelmed by first episode.

Their is no chemistry between any of the characters, probably due to bad writing.

So many inconsistencies/illogical conditions.
1. It is cold that water freezes instantly and they said it would get to 60 below at night, yet everyone is still waking around with coats unbuttoned and heads uncovered.

2. I've walked in mountains. The distance and elevation change the dad/son travelled would have taken many more than 5 hours.

3. The dad cuts out a tiny bit of magnesium and says casually "that should be more than enough" what??!?!? You just walked 2 hours to get there... why not just get way more than enough???

4. Now they introduced a robot who will apparently be able do anything and everything as the case warrants with no real science fiction explanation. Need a heater? No problem, it will just hold out it's hands and you'll have heat, and just enough to stay warm but not cook humans.

You forgot that the magnesium stopped working because it started raining in negative 60 degree weather that had already almost instantly frozen the water the ship was in.
titanmaster_race
Also, Smith's acting sucks
jabberwalkie09
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Just finished episode 4. This had a lot of promise, but it feels way more like a mostly crummy SyFy original tv show then it does a Netflix original.

Count me with the crowd that can't stand Smith. I just don't give a dang about her storyline.

This is better than a Syfy original, with the exception of The Expanse. And the show does get better as it goes through the season.
Trident 88
AG
Episode 7 - the decision to try saving the guy instead of saving the fuel. That's when I had to take a break due to stupid character decisions.

The rest of the episodes were okay, although it felt like they had trouble in the last episode coming up with a way to get to the ending.
Muy
AG
Wasn't a fan of the show as a kid, and don't think i'll enjoy this. Watched episode 1, and damn it just felt like it went wayyyy too long.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Since we're posting spoilers...the day they land water freezes at an incredible rate during day time with everyone else without hats on....and somehow it freezes from the bottom up...

Meanwhile, a black hole snuck into the system and is hiding behind the sun that mom discovered while joy riding in a weather balloon. Then the whole planet is heating up a week later and everyone is all hot and sweaty.

Lastly you have one shot to get everyone off planet and there's an accident where 1 crew member is trapped under the tanker truck which is punctured. Sorry Redshirt, you gotta be sacrificed to save everyone else. But of course that's not what they do.

I'm still watching but this is just really bad writing.
Southlake
^
Yup if this were the case, Willy would have never been freed...
DTP02
AG
What's the kid friendliness of this show?
CrottyKid
AG
Pretty ok. They have said "damn", I think, but nothing too bad. We are watching with our kids. Nothing worse than a PG-13 movie so far.
CrottyKid
AG
And I mean a 1990s PG13 movie, not 2018.
claym711
AG
The acting is almost insultingly bad. Water freezes from bottom up while everyone else is just chillin outside is a gem. Haha
DTP02
AG
Thanks
91_Aggie
AG
So, we are about 4 or 5 episodes in.

This is starting to feel like:
Lost: In Space

Well, a low-rent version of Lost.

WestAustinAg
AG
I wanted to like it...but alas i just can't. Bad acting. Bad writing. Stupid robot. Stupid will. Stupid mom. Final nail in the coffin - parker posey. She always plays same character since she began acting.
PooDoo
AG
Was watching it with my daughter... it went downhill fast but we powered through it to the horrible end.

The worst thing about the show is it reminds you how much time has passed since Dazed and Confused.

Dro07
AG
Parker Posey was turrible.
AlaskanAg99
AG
My favorite for the ending was an alien ship drops off another robot then... disappears? Where did it go?

Was a waste of time.
dcAg
You youngs are a pain in the a$$. If you dont know anything about the original series or you didnt like it then dont watch.

Its a sci-fi subsription service show. Shockingly there are some things that are unbelievable just like on ALL tv shows. Do you go around saying how in Star Trek you really cant "beam" people around or how the crew can breathe on pretty much every planet on which they land? Do you think there is such thing as talking horses or martians that live on earth that have antennae shoot out of their heads?
chick79
AG
Just finished the season. Not bad actually. I'll give it a 7 out of 10. The kid who plays Will is the best actor. I like the Don character. The rest of the acting is meh.
Max Power
AG
I keep watching because I want to like this show, but they make it difficult. Whether it's things that fly in the face of logic or physics, bad acting, or lack of direction in the story. I'll probably finish the season just because of inertia, but it just feels like lazy storytelling to me.
djmeen95
AG
Just finished Season 1 and I found it a mixed bag. Felt like they stretched the premise of getting off the planet waaaaay too long. And every episode it's another "life or death" situation for the Robinsons - the single most unlucky group of humans to ever be cast into a series.

I really don't like the good doctor - she was really working my nerves and that probably is the area where they stretched believe-ability too far for me. No one ever figure out she wasn't a shrink? No one could see she was nutty as a Snickers bar? And she somehow masterminds an entire plot to rebuild a robot?!?! And Will Robinson just can't leave the damn door locked?!?! OOPS - wrong character... lol.

Some parts of it I thought were nice - I like the dad and the storyline between he and the family / flashbacks to Earth as well as the developing second storyline around alien technology being used by the military. But I'd be lying if there weren't more than a few times I wished everyone would just sink in a tar pit and be done with it....
ottc777
I like the fact it's a kid friendly show that's not animated on Netflix.

Then again, i'm only 1 episode in.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Decent series, enjoyable...

Politics board being mad that Judy was black with no explanation is silly... and they did explain it in episode 3-4...

John (Dad) came into picture after she was born... what a bunch of babies on /16
Raptor
AG
My two cents:

• Judy is great
  • Too many "last second" heroics in 10 episodes
  • Robot is killer, Robot is friend, Robot is gone, Robot is killer, Robot is friend, Robot is gone...ugh
  • Love the diversity of the cast
  • Who gives a damn about theoretical physics, real-world physics, or sci-fi physics? Just enjoy the show

This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

West Point Aggie
AG
Three episodes in...

Ehhhh

Parker Posey as dr Smith...interesting choice at least
91_Aggie
AG
We finished it... when I first heard this was coming out, I was expecting it to be an adult version of Lost In Space with lots sex, nudity, and ultra-violence like Netflix, Amazon, and HBO does with all such remakes.

Was surprised that ended up being something of a family movie.

It's good for what it is. Too many silly decisions and bad science though.
NukeAg10
AG
Like I said, it's ok.
coldmoose
I think if wasn't bad overall.
Geriatric Punk
AG
If you love sci-fi and suspense, then you will probably like this series.

If you need more than just constant tension and spaceships, then you will probably have a "meh" type reaction to it.

I gave it three episodes and don't think I'll finish. It wasn't bad. There are simply better things out there I'd rather see.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
91_Aggie
AG
Essentially this entire series is the origin story of how they get Lost in Space.

Interesting that they had other characters that were somewhat prominent, but logic says they won't have a role if there is a next season (unless they follow both this family/robot/Dr smith and then the "space station" searching for them).
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.