*****Official Lost in Space-Netflix*****

5,021 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 91_Aggie
champagnepapi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good so far
Living Legend
AG
champagnepapi said:

Good so far
So far....? How far into the series are you?
Apache
AG
Thought this came out in another week or so?
(Looks like it started today...which is cool)
OnlyForNow
AG
Isn't there a new lost in space movie coming out?
Apache
AG
First episode was great!
swimmerbabe11
Im on episode 3. I like it so far.
I don't remember the original though.
JYDog90
AG
Is Parker Posey on this one or a movie?
94DallasAG
AG
3 in.

Not impressed
jabberwalkie09
AG
willie wonka said:

Is Parker Posey on this one or a movie?

This one.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Watched the first episode and half the second one, I'm interested in seeing how it all pans out. I think it's different enough to be unique from what I've seen so far, and I like the change regarding the robot.
BeastmodeAg
AG
Episode 6 so far. Really enjoying this series!!
Trident 88
AG
One crisis after another... This show is okay, but they're trying a little too hard.

Then again, I guess that's what the TV series was like. So, maybe if I just watched one episode per week, the succession of manufactured crises would seem more reasonable.
Madmarttigan
AG
A netflix show should have a more interesting storyline though and not be a flavor of the week type of show.
NukeAg10
AG
It's ok.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Watched the first 3. Its alright, good production value, plot is a little childish.

The politics board is pissed that Judy is black.
Lordaeron
Interesting movie detail.

Mother (Mimi Rogers) and daughters (Lacey Chabert and Heather Graham) looked nothing alike except that all had
relatively large breasts.

Now that is good casting.
swimmerbabe11
I ship Judy and Don West.

That might be bad.
AlaskanAg99
AG
It's bad Sci-Fi. When you can't understand the physics of water freezing...it's off to a bad start. I'm almost done with the series and it's laughable.
MaroonStain
AG
I am on E4 and only issue I have (outside of obvious blunders, e.g. hitting a threaded pipe with a 4 lb hammer, etc.) is the annoying Parker Posey character.
FTACO97
AG
I thought it was good. Wife and I binged it on Saturday. Felt like your typical weekly sci-fi show as some have mentioned. I liked the actor playing the father as he was great in Black Sails. Felt like Lost in Space meets The 100. It's worth watching.
PacifistAg
AG
Wife and I finished episode 6 last night. We really enjoy it. This version isn't a show that's going to give birth to a fandom, but enjoyable enough to have no problems watching it.
“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
EllisCoAg
AG
i am through E4 and like some of the twist they have done from the original. Enjoy the backstories\flashback on the characters as well. the family dynamics is pretty good to watch. solid B+ so far.
swimmerbabe11
Judy is the best, it's not close.

Smith gets less annoying
AgMarauder04
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Judy is the best, it's not close.

Smith gets less annoying
I like Judy a lot. series isn't GREAT, but it's not awful. Don't think it'll get more than a couple seasons, tho.
91_Aggie
AG
Didn't read too many posts since I've only watched the first episode.

And I was completely underwhelmed by first episode.

Their is no chemistry between any of the characters, probably due to bad writing.

So many inconsistencies/illogical conditions.
1. It is cold that water freezes instantly and they said it would get to 60 below at night, yet everyone is still waking around with coats unbuttoned and heads uncovered.

2. I've walked in mountains. The distance and elevation change the dad/son travelled would have taken many more than 5 hours.

3. The dad cuts out a tiny bit of magnesium and says casually "that should be more than enough" what??!?!? You just walked 2 hours to get there... why not just get way more than enough???

4. Now they introduced a robot who will apparently be able do anything and everything as the case warrants with no real science fiction explanation. Need a heater? No problem, it will just hold out it's hands and you'll have heat, and just enough to stay warm but not cook humans.

91_Aggie
AG
Oh and a mountain of ice can abut directly with a verdant, green forest.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm only half way through the season, but this series reminds me of a mix of BSG, Stargate Universe, and Earth 2 (cant recall the exact year, but back from in the 90's). So far I've enjoyed it, and while I don't care for Posey's "Smith" this is still enjoyable.
CrottyKid
AG
I HATE the mom. I don't really know why. I just can't stand her.
jabberwalkie09
AG
91_Aggie said:

Oh and a mountain of ice can abut directly with a verdant, green forest.

Maybe they took inspiration from the Genesis planet from Star Trek fame for the planet design.
jabberwalkie09
AG
CrottyKid said:

Perhaps the I know everything and can do everything, so it's my way or the highway type of attitude? It does get a little tiresome imo.
DG-Ag
AG
CrottyKid said:

I've only seen previews. But in the previews the actress from the most recent season of Fargo - played the sheriff - appears. Does she play the mom?
Southlake
Was the mom in House of Cards?

We liked it. Good, not great. Hard for Sci Fi not to get campy sometimes.

Just once I'd like to hear that old Lost in Space theme...
DG-Ag
AG
Southlake said:

Was the mom in House of Cards?

We liked it. Good, not great. Hard for Sci Fi not to get campy sometimes.

Just once I'd like to hear that old Lost in Space theme...
What a doofus I am. Yes its the one from House of Cards I was thinking of. I get her and the Fargo sheriff mixed up.
91_Aggie
AG
CrottyKid said:

I don't like the actress... she seems (very shallow observation from me) like she was one of those very annoying drama kids from high school that takes herself way too seriously.

I know, lame reason for disliking her, but that's the vibe I get when I see her in anything... she showed her boobies in an episode of Boardwalk Empire.
titanmaster_race
Just finished episode 4. This had a lot of promise, but it feels way more like a mostly crummy SyFy original tv show then it does a Netflix original.

Count me with the crowd that can't stand Smith. I just don't give a dang about her storyline.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.