***Barry Season 1***

16,707 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Premiere tonight at 9:30. Anyone else watching? I love Bill Hader so I'm in.
tylercsbn9
AG
Thought it was a pretty solid premiere
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, really enjoyed the pilot. Such a unique tone that works surprisingly well. Looking forward to the rest of the season for sure.

Btw, Bill Hader wrote, directed, and starred in this. Pretty impressive.
Bunk Moreland
I liked it. Anything Alec Berg is a part of, I'm going to give it a shot.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Not a bad pilot.
Trident 88
Demasiado
AG
I laughed at several different parts. "Stab him in the balls" stands out in my mind
Txmoe
AG
I like Bill Hader because there's always a very dark quality lurking underneath his goofy persona. A darkness that can only be obtained by growing up in Tulsa.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Episode two was great. The phone call scene was so funny.
TCTTS
AG
One of my best friend's wife's dad played Ryan's dad in this episode (the man crying on stage). He also played Jesse's dad on Breaking Bad. I've hung out with him multiple times and he's a super cool/funny guy.

Really digging this series so far.
MW03
AG
Enjoying it, but I wish the episodes were a bit longer.
Madmarttigan
AG
I don't have much of an opinion yet. The 30 minute episodes are really disappointing to me and making it feel a bit disjointed because it flies by so fast. Might be something I need to wait and binge watch later. Been entertaining but not necessarily funny for me so far.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, this latest episode, especially. It was only 25 minutes and featured one of those endings where I was like, "That's it?"
PooDoo
AG
Show will redeem itself if he kills the rest of the acting class.
israeliag
AG
Two episodes in and it's ready to be redeemed?
LHIOB
AG
Glen Fleshler is pretty great in everything

Hes destined to play Harvey when they make that miniseries
Inspector Spacetime
AG
This show is killing it two episodes in. The Chechen mafia guys have been surprisingly hilarious, too. But Winkler is going to end up being my favorite character I think.
Thunder18
AG
Hank- the bald Chechen guy cracks me up in almost every scene he is in. Really enjoying this one so far
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Thunder18 said:

Hank- the bald Chechen guy cracks me up in almost every scene he is in. Really enjoying this one so far

Yeah him and his partner going total fan girl over the assassin was hilarious.
Duncan Idaho
The Boston bomber joke was surprising. Funny as hell but surprising.
OldArmy71
AG
I appreciate the recommendation to watch this. I read this thread and then happened upon the first three episodes being run consecutively. I like it.

With the fourth episode, it looks as if the series is getting darker.
Swarely
Digging it so far. Several laugh out loud moments.
I accidentally clicked the signature button.
Trident 88
AG
OldArmy71 said:

I appreciate the recommendation to watch this. I read this thread and then happened upon the first three episodes being run consecutively. I like it.

With the fourth episode, it looks as if the series is getting darker.

This one was definitely darker with Fuches at the party and the blonde doing a 180 turn on him, but the bald Chechnyan guy is back next episode, so I expect it to lighten up a little.
Bunk Moreland
Agree. And I can feel Alec Berg all over this show. It's a true situational comedy. Sometimes scenes don't jive perfectly back to back and it feels raw watching it right now, but if it goes a few seasons and the show is allowed to figure out what it really is, I love the foundation being set.
Brick Tamland
Just started this. Pretty funny and dark
PooDoo
AG
Henry Winkler is hilarious. Hope we see more of him auditioning and hitting on the detective.
Al Bula
AG
PooDoo said:

Henry Winkler is hilarious. Hope we see more of him auditioning and hitting on the detective.
appreciating Henry Winkler more and more, especially after binging Arrested Development. Dude is nailing it.

Goran the head Chechen was also Errol the incestuous killer in True Detective.
Ervin Burrell
AG
RPM said:

PooDoo said:

Goran the head Chechen was also Errol the incestuous killer in True Detective.
He was also in Boardwalk Empire, as was Stephen Root.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Every scene the gangsters are in is nails.
Al Bula
AG
This show is so awesome. Noho Hank kills it. The bitmoji that said "Gulp" was a nice touch.
bigjag19
AG
Loving it so far.

Funny that Root is on this and not the HBO show that Judge produces.
OldArmy71
AG
The "girlfriend" is a real jerk. I think that was obvious from the morning of their sleepover, but it is even more obvious now.

The scenes of family life he is imagining are starting to fill the story with pathos, as did his reaction to the scene from Macbeth.

The "comedy" is getting thinner and the darkness is becoming more intense.

I like the show very much.
bigboykin
AG
Finally caught up to this show I was looking forward to for a while. Really loving it, so far, and it's gotten better with every episode. Hader is great, Root is perfect, and Winkler is hilarious. Even the girlfriend is really good at playing the sorta shallow, insecure, prettiest girl from her midwest town having trouble dealing with the rejection of trying to become an actress that I imagine Hollywood is filled with. The Chechnyans are a riot in nearly every scene.

Taylor and all the Marines are freaking awesome, and they obviously talked to some real vets to develop those characters.

All in all, love the premise, love the acting, and the writing and humor had gotten darker and funnier in all the right ways. Hope they can keep it up.

Counterpoint
AG
OldArmy71 said:

The "girlfriend" is a real jerk. I think that was obvious from the morning of their sleepover, but it is even more obvious now.

How hot would a woman have to be for yall to put up with Sally's level of jerkiness?
Bunk Moreland
Counterpoint said:

OldArmy71 said:

How hot would a woman have to be for yall to put up with Sally's level of jerkiness?

Hotter than Sally.

Obviously the show is doing it on purpose. I like it because I'm guessing it's going to go somewhere and I haven't quite figured it out.

I loved the scene this last week in the bar where she's trying to **** on Barry and the other classmates aren't buying it at all.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.