**Crimes of Grindewald - Fantastic Beasts Sequel**

9,519 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Johnsy3
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Release Date: 11/16/18

Here's the newly released trailer:

powerbelly
AG
Looks good.
3rdGen2015
AG
Good to see Hogwarts again
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's a bit weird that they're still using the HP theme, no?

It'd be like if they used the Fellowship theme in the Hobbit trilogy.
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's a bit weird that they're still using the HP theme, no?

It'd be like if they used the Fellowship theme in the Hobbit trilogy.
I didn't hear the HP theme.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It plays over the logo at the end. Albeit a brassier version of it, not the way John Williams did it.
SeattleAgJr
NOT ENOUGH GAY DUMBLEDORE IN THIS!!!!!!!!

But seriously, after watching this trailer, this series really is missing out on having a kid's perspective to the movies.

At least with the kids there was a sense of wonder and awe. With just adults in these two movies, it is just typical fantasy crap. No surprise, no wonder. Just everyday events.

They tried to give Newt some childlike wonder to his character, but it comes off too... contrived... for someone with his background.

Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
A young dumbledore seems like it would be very difficult to write for considering his character is entirely composed of aged wisdom.

I still think they should make dark Tom Riddle movies instead of this stuff.
Urban Ag
AG
I've tried to watch Fantastic Beasts on multiple occasions on HBO. Even recorded it a couple of times for something to watch during work outs. Honestly, I have never been able to get through it in it's entirety.

This doesn't look any better.
Madmarttigan
AG
I enjoyed it but it wasn't anything particularly memorable. The trailer disappoints me a little in that it seems like there will be limited Dumbledore(possibly not that much grindewald?) and mostly just Newt.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I enjoyed the first one and this one looks good too.
wangus12
AG
There will probably be huge backlash among hardcore fans when their isn't obvious details about Dumbledore and Grindelwald being gay for each other lol
Joan Wilder
AG
I think dumbledore had a crush on grindlewald but I don't think it was reciprocal.

Interesting comment on the lack of child like wonder. I think they had the muggle perspective in FB to bring that in, but you're right it's a different dynamic. For me, the character of Newt just didn't land; thought it may have been redmayne's performance. The other characters in FB were more interesting.
Duncan Idaho
I misread the title and thought this was

Crimes of Griswald - Fantastic Beasts Sequel

And got really excited for the cross over
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FightinTexasAg15
AG
The theme sounds like Harry Potter crossed with Avengers/Marvel

Also at the end the deathly hallows flash before the title, and in the title of the movie the "I" in Crimes is the elder wand, the "O" in of is the resurrection ring and the "A" in Grindelwald is the cloak. Cool little details.
SeattleAgJr
FightinTexasAg15 said:

The theme sounds like Harry Potter crossed with Avengers/Marvel

Also at the end the deathly hallows flash before the title, and in the title of the movie the "I" in Crimes is the elder wand, the "O" in of is the resurrection ring and the "A" in Grindelwald is the cloak. Cool little details.
nerd
FightinTexasAg15
AG
FightinTexasAg15
AG
New trailer

3rdGen2015
AG
Wow, there was a lot going on in that trailer. I'm pumped for this movie.

Loved them showing Grindelwald when Dumbledore looked into the Mirror of Erised. All the people that don't know that Dumbledore had feelings for Grindelwald are going to be pissed, but it really sets up why Dumbledore allowed Grindelwald to get as far as he did.

Did they show that Nagini is an Animagus? Or is she supposed to be something completely new? Is this even the same Nagini as Voldemort's snake?

I'm excited to see magical Paris. I really hope we get to see some of Beauxbatons.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Did they show that Nagini is an Animagus? Or is she supposed to be something completely new? Is this even the same Nagini as Voldemort's snake?
J.K. Rowling revealed on twitter that she is something called a 'Maledictus', which is a female witch that has cursed blood and causes them to transform (involuntarily) into a beast, until eventually they can't change back
aTmLoKi
AG
Got back from seeing it tonight and wow. I was not into it when I heard the first one was coming out, but that movie has slowly grown on me over time. This movie builds a lot upon that one and has a very Goblet of Fire feel to it. Some of the spoilers had already come out, but the climax of the movie was great and a real shock. This series is getting better and better!
CAR96
AG
Saw it last night....really good.

I was not all that excited about it, because the last one was too much about strange beasts/animals to me and not as much about characters.

Great twist at the end. Looking forward to more.
Madmarttigan
AG
Hmmm I was going to see it because it is Harry Potter but now y'all have me somewhat excited. The first one was entertaining but was just okay and I am hoping for a more interesting story this time.
Formerly tv1113
mazag08
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

NOT ENOUGH GAY DUMBLEDORE IN THIS!!!!!!!!

But seriously, after watching this trailer, this series really is missing out on having a kid's perspective to the movies.

At least with the kids there was a sense of wonder and awe. With just adults in these two movies, it is just typical fantasy crap. No surprise, no wonder. Just everyday events.

They tried to give Newt some childlike wonder to his character, but it comes off too... contrived... for someone with his background.

Yup, these are way better. No more campy scenes with annoying children and goofy teachers.

This series is actually not crap since Fantastic Beasts came around.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Was looking forward to this but critic and audience review are not looking great
Desert Power
AG
Really good. Would watch again.
King
AG
Just watched it.
Pretty good but...(spoilers)

Who the hell is this new Dumbledore kid? The reveal at the end was a head scratching twist as there hasn't been any mention in HP canon about this character.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Saw it tonight. It's entertaining, but it's one of those movies that the more you think about it the less it makes sense. Especially if you know the story they're trying to get at.

It's a fun movie, but the plot is a mess.
Marsh
AG
Plot is a mess. Too many characters who all need an arc, apparently. Stick to a story line, too many going on. And it was just SO slow.

100% setting up for the next movie.

Madmarttigan
AG
After reading an article about it I'm pretty sure it is just Grindewald manipulating him into hunting Dumbledore for him. It is an interesting twist that puts fandom in a tizzy but it really doesn't make sense that he would have some long lost brother.

The storyline was a little all over the place but I still liked it. The opening was pretty cool and The Nagini/****es/Flamel eggs are interesting. I really hope they don't **** the bed on the dumbledore grindewald showdown, could be amazing.
Formerly tv1113
Maveric
AG
So this was in 1927, but the duel between Grindelwald and Dumbledore does not occur until 1945. That is a long time to stretch this out.

I like Newt and Tina's interaction. I think since this is part 2 of a 5 part series there will be more plot lines that are not sewn up as they were in the books.
Noble Men
AG
I enjoyed it. My kids loved it
AustinAg2K
I didn't really enjoy it. Not much else to say.
Justin2010
AG
I had really low expectations. In part because I really disliked the first one. In part because the reviews were so bad.

But I came away pleasantly surprised.

I do think it's biggest weakness was a really messy script. And apparently that's because they gave Rowling pretty much complete control and she has little to know experience as a screenwriter.

As a 500 page book, this probably would have been incredibly good. As a movie.... It was decent. At least better than the first one.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.