*** TENET *** (Christopher Nolan)

137,563 Views | 1324 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by utah, get me two
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We know what the text says from the domestic bootleg version...

TIME HAS COME
FOR A NEW PROTAGONIST

TIME HAS COME
FOR A NEW MISSION

A FILM BY
CHRISTOPHER NOLAN

JOHN DAVID WASHINGTON

TENET

JULY 2020
TCTTS
AG
It's apparently a time travel spy thriller ("Time has come..."), though we don't yet know the extent of the time travel, or how it will work. If you look closely, it appears as if the footage of John David Washington inspecting the bullet holes is playing in reverse for some reason. In other words, he may have actually been walking backwards when they filmed it, which is wild.
hunter2012
AG
Little details like this is why I love Nolan's work. If the little scenes have great effort put into them for the sake of making a good movie, imagine what he does for the big scenes.

Speaking of which TCTTS, if you happen to run across this script like Interstellar. I would be extremely happy to critique it...
MBAR
AG
Well I love Nolan, love Denzel Jr., so this should be awesome.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I wish. Unfortunately, no one outside of a select few at Warner Bros. is reading it ahead of time.
MBAR
AG
Teaser appeared in front of IT chapter 2 tonight but without the text.
TCTTS
AG
Really? It was literally the same footage but without any text/title cards? That seems super random.
MBAR
AG
TCTTS said:

Really? It was literally the same footage but without any text/title cards? That seems super random.
Yeah, none of the text at all. Just the footage.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I got the exact same, original teaser with It. (In IMAX)
Phat32
AG
Not sure I need a trailer. It's Nolan, here's $20.
TCTTS
AG
Same for me. Saw it with It: Chapter 2 as well. For something that will seemingly never make it online officially, they sure are playing the hell out of it in theaters.
Post removed:
by user
Saxsoon
AG
The smoke looks reversed and so does his movement as he walks right. There is something strange with his movement
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
TCTTS
AG
YEEEEESSSSSS.

I totally forgot about the "prologues" to Nolan movies debuting with the big Christmas IMAX release the year prior. But it's looking like the Tenet prologue (i.e. the opening sequence / the first five minutes or so) will be playing before The Rise of Skywalker in IMAX come December 19th. In terms of blockbuster hype, I don't think it's gets any bigger or better than a Nolan prologue playing in front of a Star Wars movie. Cannot wait...

https://trailer-track.com/2019/11/27/in-the-pipeline-imax-prologue-for-christopher-nolans-tenet-on-the-way/
TCTTS
AG
And just FYI, this doesn't mean we won't be seeing a teaser trailer with TROS as well, as WB has released them simultaneously in the past; teaser trailer with regular showings, the prologue with IMAX showings.
Max Power
AG
The Dark Knight prologue was the best part of I Am Legend, hopefully the Tenet prologue isn't the best part of this film.
TCTTS
AG
Can't believe I screwed the "the" up.
hunter2012
AG
Welp looks like I'm seeing Star Wars opening night at the IMAX. The movie will just be a bonus(until the inner fanboy b*tches about it into oblivion).
Duncan Idaho
I haven't followed the whole thread but is nolan real5making a movie about a health insurance company?
TCTTS
AG
This dude works with Nolan in some capacity and always seems to know things in advance. So we *might* be getting something sooner rather than a couple weeks from now...

TCTTS
AG
They just launched the official social media feeds as well. Trailer should be online any day now (though I'm still betting Tuesday/Wednesday of next week).
TCTTS
AG
Then there's this...

https://trailer-track.com/2019/12/13/in-the-pipeline-imax-prologue-for-christopher-nolans-tenet-on-the-way/
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I love the lead-up to a Nolan movie, when we have no idea what it is.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I love the lead-up to a Nolan movie, when we have no idea what it is.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TCTTS
AG
Trailer officially confirmed for Thursday.
TCTTS
AG
hunter2012
AG
TCTTS
AG
Ha, thanks. I tried to fix it on my phone, couldn't, and then forgot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.