*** TENET *** (Christopher Nolan)

137,567 Views | 1324 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by utah, get me two
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Needs to star David Tennant and Victoria Tennant.
PatAg
AG
I also wouldn't put it past Nolan to hide who the main protagonist is in a trailer.
PatAg
AG
This may have been covered, is it possible that the actual title for this movie is going to eventually just be "Ten" when we talk about it?
TCTTS
AG
If JDW didn't get his own title card here - also the *only* title card - I might agree. Like if it was just mainly shots of him and no credit or anything, I could potentially see a bit of misdirection on Nolan's part. But title cards and billing order and all that are highly negotiated and contractually binding. He's definitely the lead.
TCTTS
AG
I don't quite follow. Why would we shorten an already short word?

Btw, I love how, in the way it's presented, it's even more than just a palindrome. The way the letters are positioned, and the way the title rotates, it can not only be read the same backwards and forwards, but upside down as well. It's like it's Nolan's little way of signaling that this is going to be his most mind-bending movie yet.
TCTTS
AG
Another reason WB needs to get the HD version up. It's hard to tell in the bootleg, but there's definitely a little something off about the way JDW is moving as he's looking at those bullet holes. Even the smoke seems to doing something weird...

Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Tagline is:

"It's time for a new protagonist."

Kind of generic, as just about every new movie gives us a "new protagonist."

I wonder if that means that it's time to add a new hero to the lexicon - like the next "Bond" or whatever - or if the word "protagonist" is key; as in, the movie is literally *about* storytelling in some way?
Probably also a reference to a minority actor taking a lead as well. Not nearly as common.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, good point.
aTmAg
AG
Bruce Lee? Will Smith? Denzel Washington? Eddie Murphy? Antonio Banderas? The Rock?

We've had minority protagonists for decades.
hunter2012
AG
Found a bootleg, looking forward to the HD release. Until then...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Maybe this is the untold Cedric Diggory biopic prequel the Internet's been clamoring about for years.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Saxsoon said:

TCTTS said:

Tagline is:

"It's time for a new protagonist."

Kind of generic, as just about every new movie gives us a "new protagonist."

I wonder if that means that it's time to add a new hero to the lexicon - like the next "Bond" or whatever - or if the word "protagonist" is key; as in, the movie is literally *about* storytelling in some way?
Probably also a reference to a minority actor taking a lead as well. Not nearly as common.
If that's the case, then I am very disappointed.

Quad Dog
AG
If we are speculating that the movie plays with time and palindromes, then maybe the tag lines get rearranged at some point.
TIME HAS COME
FOR A NEW PROTAGONIST

TIME HAS COME
FOR A NEW KIND OF MISSION

Becomes:
A NEW PROTAGONIST HAS COME FOR TIME
A NEW KIND OF MISSION HAS COME FOR TIME
Or:
A NEW PROTAGONIST TIME HAS COME FOR
A NEW KIND OF MISSION TIME HAS COME FOR

boogieman
AG

This tweet (if it's still up) has the teaser playing in reverse. So you can scrub it backward to get it to play in ....I've gone cross eyed.
Quad Dog
AG
The taglines could also work if you treat TIME as a tangible antagonist of the movie. For example if you replaced the word TIME with VADER.
Malachi Constant
AG
Some thoughts:

"Time has come for..." is very deliberate. Not THE time has come, but TIME ITSELF has come.

In the second clip with Washington, it almost looks like he's sliding to the right like he's on a conveyor belt instead of walking. Likely sliding through past events in time.
Malachi Constant
AG
Quad Dog said:

The taglines could also work if you treat TIME as a tangible antagonist of the movie. For example if you replaced the word TIME with VADER.
Exactly right. Time itself has come for a new protagonist.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

I don't quite follow. Why would we shorten an already short word?

Btw, I love how, in the way it's presented, it's even more than just a palindrome. The way the letters are positioned, and the way the title rotates, it can not only be read the same backwards and forwards, but upside down as well. It's like it's Nolan's little way of signaling that this is going to be his most mind-bending movie yet.

Just wondering if the word/number 10 will have more significance in some way after seeing the movie, and the movie is actually called 'Ten" and Tenet was just a way of distracting the viewer.
Basically Nolan loves mind games, and making his movies into those Russian nesting dolls, which is part of what we love about them.
hunter2012
AG
Even Nolan's teasers blow my mind and call for overanalysis. God bless that man...
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Oh, I gotcha. Yeah, I could see the number itself playing some kind of role potentially.
TCTTS
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

Some thoughts:

"Time has come for..." is very deliberate. Not THE time has come, but TIME ITSELF has come.

In the second clip with Washington, it almost looks like he's sliding to the right like he's on a conveyor belt instead of walking. Likely sliding through past events in time.

Yeah, I noticed that too. People who have seen it in the theater say it almost looks like that scene is being played in reverse. As in, they shot it with Washington looking at the second bullet hole first, he walks backwards, looks at the second bullet hole, etc.. Then they just reversed it for the scene. And like I said earlier, the smoke looks like it's reversing or doing something weird as well. But yeah, there's definitely a "sliding through past events in time" vibe for sure.
redd38
AG
TCTTS said:

He already did that in Memento
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I guess so.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, at this point I'm assuming we're not getting an official online release of the trailer until Monday. Maybe Sunday.
hunter2012
AG
PatAg
AG
I got a snarky vibe from the tweet, was that not their intent?
redd38
AG
PatAg said:

I got a snarky vibe from the tweet, was that not their intent?

Idk, maybe, hard to gauge a stranger's intent in a tweet. You're probably right.
TCTTS
AG
Didn't think of it is as snarky when I posted it, but I can see how it might be.
Bobcat06
AG
What did I just watch?

TCTTS
AG
Set video of cars driving backwards...

PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Didn't think of it is as snarky when I posted it, but I can see how it might be.
It was just the "another" part of it that made me think that.
TCTTS
AG

http://www.tenetmovie.com/
AgfromHOU
AG
There's a fan theory on Reddit that Tenet is a sequel to Inception
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What is this movie...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.