*** TENET *** (Christopher Nolan)

137,604 Views | 1324 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by utah, get me two
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess I'm watching Hobbs & Shaw tonight...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We have a Tarantino movie in theaters.

A Scorsese trailer dropped yesterday, and a Nolan trailer drops tonight.

TCTTS
AG
Just edited my post. It's apparently only with IMAX showings, just FYI. Still not confirmed, though.
TCTTS
AG
Not a movie, but we technically had a Fincher trailer earlier this week too (season two of Mindhunter).
TCTTS
AG
No idea how reliable this is...

TCTTS
AG
I had no intention of seeing Hobbs & Shaw, but I might have to now. Then again, a bootleg will be online within hours. Which is why this seems dubious and like something Nolan would do in 2009, not 2019. He has seemingly long-since given up trying to release theater-only content like this.
TCTTS
AG
An interesting wrinkle is that this appears to be John David Washington's movie, NOT Robert Pattison's. Apparently there are shots of both in the teaser, but Washington is featured far more, almost exclusively, in fact, to the point where it's obvious he's the star. Also, no dialogue in the minute+ runtime, apparently. It's super cryptic.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Honestly not expecting much. I just want to gauge the general look/tone, and whatever vague hint of plot we can grasp.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Glad I didn't go to H&S for that. I just can't get excited for that movie. I blame Tarantino.
TCTTS
AG
Same. I seriously might see Hollywood again for a third time instead of Hobbs & Shaw.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I still can't get over the fact that John David Washington is the star of this thing. Over Pattinson. Washington has done Ballers on HBO and led BlacKKKlansman and that's about it. Now he's suddenly HEADLINING what is apparently Nolan's second, if not his most expensive blockbuster ever. Don't get me wrong, he's a great, charismatic actor (and Denzel's son, no less), I just never in a million years would have guessed he was the lead in this thing, this early in his career.
Bruce Almighty
AG
TCTTS said:

I still can't get over the fact that John David Washington is the star of this thing. Over Pattinson. Washington has done Ballers on HBO and led BlacKKKlansman and that's about it. Now he's suddenly HEADLINING what is apparently Nolan's second, if not his most expensive blockbuster ever. Don't get me wrong, he's a great, charismatic actor (and Denzel's son, no less), I just never in a million years would have guessed he was the lead in this thing, this early in his career.

Hey, it's the first of the month. You forgetting something???
TCTTS
AG
Spilner even reminded me earlier today and it totally slipped my mind again. Give me a few minutes. Doing it now...
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Tagline is:

"It's time for a new protagonist."

Kind of generic, as just about every new movie gives us a "new protagonist."

I wonder if that means that it's time to add a new hero to the lexicon - like the next "Bond" or whatever - or if the word "protagonist" is key; as in, the movie is literally *about* storytelling in some way?
TCTTS
AG
Can't believe I missed this tweet from mid-July. This guy works with Nolan in some capacity and always cryptically teases things well in advance...

TCTTS
AG
JDW *does* look smooth as hell here...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Wait.

"It's time for a new protagonist"

Duncan Idaho
TCTTS said:

Wait.

"It's time for a new protagonist"

He is making the Morris Day biopic that we have all wanted?
TCTTS
AG
Variety can't even get the tagline right...

TCTTS
AG
TIME HAS COME
FOR A NEW PROTAGONIST

TIME HAS COME
FOR A NEW KIND OF MISSION

First of all, it's TWO taglines, and this way obviously alludes WAY more to time travel than the other way...
TCTTS
AG
Get it while it's hot...

TCTTS
AG
There really is nothing better than a Christopher Nolan teaser. This is nothing, and yet it's everything. It hints heavily that it's time travel, but at the same time it's just random (albeit very cool-looking) shots and an intense score.

I've also never seen a trailer just *make* someone a star like this. You would think John David Washington has been an action hero for the past decade. So crazy.

Everything about this teaser is so perfectly Nolan and I love it.

Cannot believe we have to wait another year for this.
TCTTS
AG
YouTube version already taken down. Twitter version won't be far behind.

So stupid that WB won't just officially release it in HD at this point...
TCTTS
AG
A Christopher Nolan trailer has been out for over half an hour and...

double aught
AG
I missed it for now.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
The audio is like a split second off in this one, but it's the only one I can find for now.

Rumor is the official version might be released online in the morning.
TCTTS
AG
Seeing a decent amount of speculation that Pattison is actually the villain in this. Given his stature, that would make a lot more sense, as opposed to him being some kind of subordinate on JDW's team.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.