*** TENET *** (Christopher Nolan)

137,610 Views | 1324 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by utah, get me two
Atreides Ornithopter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

MW03 said:

How about a re-do of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

That movie is perfect
but lets have a british guy play the main character. or an american that can speak in an English accent like maybe Cary Elwes
Whos Juan
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

MW03 said:

That movie is perfect

**** me, he cleared it.
Fenrir
Brennus said:

Bruce Almighty said:

MW03 said:

That movie is perfect
but lets have a british guy play the main character. or an american that can speak in an English accent like maybe Cary Elwes
YouBet
AG
The beginning attack scene in M&C has the best surround sound I've heard in a movie btw. If you have a higher end home theater and haven't watched this it's Oscar worthy sound.
tk for tu juan
A dark, gritty version of Back to the Future where we see that Doc Brown killed his parents for their money, Biff wears a mask to cover a disfigured face, and Marty impregnates his mom to create himself
tamuangry
Still no news? Any more speculation?
Prime0882
AG
tamuangry said:

Still no news? Any more speculation?
Got all excited at the possibility of news to be disappointed.
TCTTS
AG
Someone who works with him...

TCTTS
AG
Whatever it is, I'm guessing it'll be a summer 2020 release. Hopefully. If so, I honestly would have expected some kind of announcement by now, as it would have to begin filming by the spring (assuming it's a blockbuster), which means casting would be happening around now, but who knows. I guess there's still time. This is officially the longest we've gone without knowing what Nolan is doing next since the early 2000's. His next movie has never taken 15 months after his last movie to be announced. But at least we know he's working on something, and I would be shocked if it still hasn't been announced by the end of the year.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The fact that Tarantino, Scorsese, and Nolan are all working on a new movie.
schmendeler
AG
When did Dunkirk come out?
Belton Ag
AG
July '17
TCTTS
AG
McCrabb (apparently) works with Nolan and has tweeted behind-the-scenes stuff from Nolan's movies for years. I don't mean to get everyone's hopes up (this could technically be anything, or nothing), but we're LONG overdue for a Nolan announcement, and Thursday afternoons are when the biggest film news traditionally hits. That, and if Nolan truly does have a big movie coming out summer 2020 (as has been assumed), he'd almost assuredly start filming this spring, so the timing is right...

Hello there
Render
AG
Thrilling.
Redstone
AG
I'll check sources
dc509
AG
Quad Dog said:

He should tackle Kubrick's Napoleon movie.
This would be cool.
Malachi Constant
AG
Well we're waiting...
Render
AG
I'm more interested to see what Nolan has cooking than Tarantino and Scorsese. All three are great, but Nolan is much more varied in his interests.
TCTTS
AG
If nothing by the end of today, I'm assuming it was a red herring...
Geriatric Punk
AG
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
RichardSplet

TCTTS spot on
PatAg
AG
What does event film mean? It's about an event in history, or that it's just a blockbuster movie budget wise?
Redstone
AG
Just confirmed it will be at least the third title scheduled - now, anyway - to be released on that date. (Spongebob, Bob's Burgers)

Not surprised by IMAX, lot of industry buzz for that
edit: accounting exec also indicated Dunkirk over 500m global
TCTTS
AG
Boom.

Summer 2020 is officially starting to bring the heat. Probably my most anticipated summer in a long time...

(this isn't close to everything, just some of the highlights so far)

5.01 - Untitled Marvel Project (likely Black Widow)
5.15 - Untitled A Quiet Place Sequel
5.22 - Godzilla vs. Kong

6.05 - Wonder Woman 1984
6.26 - Top Gun: Maverick

7.10 - Untitled Ghostbusters Sequel
7.17 - Untitled Christopher Nolan Project
7.31 - Morbius

Summer 2020 TBA - Dune (directed by Denis Villeneuve)
Summer 2020 TBA - West Side Story (directed by Steven Spielberg)

In other words, we're potentially looking at a Nolan-Villeneuve-Spielberg summer, along with everything else that's currently filming/in the works. Might have to get the 2020 thread going sooner rather than later...
TCTTS
AG
PatAg said:

What does event film mean? It's about an event in history, or that it's just a blockbuster movie budget wise?

Yeah, just a big budget blockbuster. Not about a historic "event," rather the movie itself will be an "event."
schmendeler
AG
Nolan and Dune? **** yeah
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, Dune for summer 2020 is only an assumption on my part. Filming starts in March, which is exactly when a summer movie with that kind of budget and effects would start filming. In other words, March 2019 would be way early for a fall 2020 movie (or later) to start filming. Summer 2020 is filling up fast, though, so hopefully they announce a date soon.
Hello there
Are you saying more that 2019?
TCTTS
AG
I'd say 2019 as a *year* absolutely excites me more overall, but summer 2020 slightly edges out summer 2019 for me in terms of individual seasons. Though, it's super close. I'm basically looking at it like this...

Avengers: End Game
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
The Lion King
Spider-man: Far From Home
Ad Astra

... all of which will be fantastic, I'm sure, but only *one* is made by one of my favorite directors (Tarantino)...

vs.

Untitled Christopher Nolan Project
Dune
Top Gun: Maverick
Godzilla vs. Kong

... two of which are being made by *two* of my three of my favorite directors, Nolan and Villeneueve (Fincher being my all time favorite).

Don't get me wrong, I think summer 2019 will kick summer 2020's ass, box office wise. It definitely has more all around fire-power. But likely getting Nolan AND Villeneueve in the same summer would be rarified air (not to mention throwing Spielberg in the mix as well). Add the sequel to one of my all time favorite movies (Top Gun), which I'm hearing is turning out pretty great, and summer 2020 is just a bit more tailor-made to my personal tastes.
dc509
AG
I would like to see Dune as a limited HBO series. That book is a whale.
schmendeler
AG
dc509 said:

I would like to see Dune as a limited HBO series. That book is a whale.
you know it's going to be made into two feature length movies, right? filming is starting in march i believe.
dc509
AG
I didn't know that, but I'm not surprised. I would still rather see it as an HBO series, but two movies could be good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.