A.P. Bio

2,786 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BQ2001
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else watching? I'm finding it pretty funny so far.
Max Power
AG
So now Dennis wants to teach? We already know what happened when Dee tried to teach, and we got to see Lethal Weapon 5.

Geriatric Punk
AG
Best show I've seen in a while. Walked through the first 3 episodes. Good laughs.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
aggiegrad01
AG
I'm ready for the Olympics to end so this show will come back.
Bunk Moreland
Anyone still watching? I like it. Nothing too crazy but funny enough. The nerdy student with the pigtails who feeds Jack's ego is hilarious.
Street_Cred_Norm
Great show. Also like Deception.
If your child grows up to be a Liberal, you've failed as a parent.
3rdGen2015
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Anyone still watching? I like it. Nothing too crazy but funny enough. The nerdy student with the pigtails who feeds Jack's ego is hilarious.

Agree with all of this. I honestly want more of the kids and less Jack.

Between this, Superstore, and The Good Place, NBC is lining up a pretty good Thursday night for the fall. Certainly not to the level of the mid-aughts, but the best it'll have been since Parks and Rec wrapped up.
AgMarauder04
AG
I like the commentary on public school culture, as a teacher myself.
Jim01
AG
That girl is NAILS. She's like a female Creed, from The Office. Just pops up with an absolute sniper like one liner that kills.

Bunk Moreland
I too wouldn't mind some more kid-centric episodes, as my one complaint might be that the episodes feel rushed at times.

However, they're only 7 in so I know they need to develop Jack out along with the other teachers and Patton Oswalt, but hopefully towards the end of this year they do feature the kids a bit more.
israeliag
AG
All the characters are great. Even the three lady teachers have some great moments. Would like to see more of the P.E. teacher too - I feel like there's some humor-gold to mine there - but not gonna complain. Glenn Howerton is so great in this role, and the aforementioned four-eyed girl is just terrific.

Are these kids supposed to be juniors? What's the plan here? Do we get a new crop of kids every year or two?
AgMarauder04
AG
israeliag said:

All the characters are great. Even the three lady teachers have some great moments. Would like to see more of the P.E. teacher too - I feel like there's some humor-gold to mine there - but not gonna complain. Glenn Howerton is so great in this role, and the aforementioned four-eyed girl is just terrific.

Are these kids supposed to be juniors? What's the plan here? Do we get a new crop of kids every year or two?
AP Bio would be juniors or seniors.
Bunk Moreland
not sure if I should be looking at it this way, but Biology was Freshman year for my public high school, but I feel like some kids started at a track lower and did some generic earth science class and Biology as a sophomore.

We basically went 9th Biology, 10th Chemistry, 11th Physics if you were on a AP track....with some kids starting before Biology with a course, and others who didn't do Physics, but had some integrated science class before Chemistry.
AgMarauder04
AG
It depends. Pre-AP Bio is Bio 1, and AP Bio would be Bio 2, preparing for the biology AP test. Don't know what the show really intends.
Bunk Moreland
I'd think soph-junior so they could have another season with those kids at minimum. It's been forever since I did it but I feel like back then I did pre-ap in 8th grade? who knows. And we're probably trying too hard to diagnose it since it's just a damn sit-com
AgMarauder04
AG
You're probably right.

If NBC is smart, this is probably freshman class so we can keep them around. "AP Bio" Sounds better than "Honors Bio" or "Above Level Bio"
AgMarauder04
AG
I'm just telling you what I know from my district. Kids in our AP class are all juniors and seniors who took bio 1 as a freshmen....but you're right, we are WAY overanalyzing this.
Bunk Moreland
agree. And it's been 16 year or 17 years since I was a freshman so times and curriculum certainly can change. I also had credits from MS etc...and I very well could not be remembering correctly and it's actually pre-AP Bio.

I just remember that was my first period class freshman year when someone ran in the room on the 11th of September and told our teacher to turn the TV on, so Freshman Biology (whether it was honors, pre-ap, AP) was implanted in my memory forever.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Not saying they're gonna follow this track but almost all AP Bio classes are taken Junior or Senior year
israeliag
AG
Maybe they just South Park it and the students don't grow in age but once in the whole series run.
Bunk Moreland
israeliag said:

Maybe they just South Park it and the students don't grow in age but once in the whole series run.

Funny you mention that. I would absolutely love for an ensemble comedy with a teen/younger cast to do that, and just act like nothing changes. So if the show as good enough to make it 6 years, you'd have 21 year "freshmen" or whatever.

And simply don't address it.
Post removed:
by user
Bunk Moreland
NBC app has them with commercials but if you have a Hulu sub you can watch em without commercials.
BQ2001
AG
Love Heather "dissecting" pig.

"Cut of the snout, the customers don't want that unless they're French" *whack*
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.