*** New Music 2018 ***

16,024 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by blinnboy83
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big Cat `93 said:

Not brand new music but new to me: an Italian band called DGM. Absolutely killer melodic metal with great vocals. Their latest album is "The Passage."

Bro.. this thread is for trendy, flavor of the day, alt rock and mumble rap.
Big Cat `93
AG
I'm in denial. And I want to stay there.
Redstone
AG
Did you really just find about them? A lot of people's musical formation is limited to commercial radio, which is fine because life can be really hectic, but was that the case here?
CrawfordAg
AG
Have been digging The Oh Sees over the past couple of months, new album was just released last week
Big Cat `93
AG
Just saw them on a Fans Also Like list for another band on Spotify.
tk for tu juan
The next song from Clutch's album due out 9/7 downloaded yesterday.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I love this new Mitski. Her album has been on repeat for the past week.
Jim01
AG
Really loving the new Metric album that came out last week. I think it's their best since Fantasies.

Toadies "Live at Billy Bobs" came out today. A really weird release strategy to me:
- Vinyl has 10 songs
- CD/Digital has 18 songs
- Streaming has 20 songs

In other words the more I pay the less I get? I want to support my favorite rock band but this release doesn't seem like a good way to make money for them when it encourages me to not spend money.
decent looking Ag
I haven't enjoyed much from this band since their first album, but the new Dead Letter Circus album came out the other day, and I've been absolutely hooked on it. DLC has always been a little more poppy with shorter, simpler songs than I typically enjoy. But this album is really a pleasure to listen to. Beautifully produced...maybe the best drum sound I've ever heard, especially the snare. Lyrical content is also great. There are a surprising number of moments on this album, musically and lyrically, that really speak to me. Highly recommended overall.
PatAg
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
PatAg said:

His stuff he has been coming out with for the last year or so has all been pretty incredible. I used to be really into him when he was still just doing the college circuit stuff, but everything major he had produced up until this point I had never been all that impressed.

This song in particular, I used to love.

But to keep it new music related, this song is badass too.

PatAg
AG
Yea, I'm the same way.
israeliag
AG
This new Rufus du Sol song has me feeling emotions I didn't know I had. It's the first song in a very long time that I listen to/hear almost daily, and yet it gets better every single time.

Big Cat `93
AG
In this old fart's opinion, the new Riverside album is brilliant.

Josepi
AG
Jim01 said:

Jason Isbell "Live From The Ryman" up for pre-order, comes out October 19th.

Track Listing
1. Hope The High Road
2. 24 Frames
3. White Man's World
4. Flagship
5. Cumberland Gap
6. Something More Than Free
7. The Life You Chose
8. Elephant
9. Flying Over Water
10. Last of My Kind
11. Cover Me Up
12. Super 8
13. If We Were Vampires
This LP came in the mail this weekend. Everything is solid, but none of the songs really stood out in either direction. Now I love Jason Isbell, so I am thoroughly enjoying it, but it's not a ton different than the Live From Alabama album. If your just a fan of his, it's worth picking, but it's nothing groundbreaking.

That being said, the LP album cover is beautiful. Beatuful cover, and beautiful artwork/photography on the inside. Also, it's a double LP, and the records are a see through gold. Pretty cool.
Jim01
AG
Agree the packaging is beautiful. I opted to order the black vinyl which is 180g. The colored version is standard weight and I figured I'd rather have the heavier vinyl.

I have to say when I first put it on I half thought my turntable was acting up. It seemed really fast. Feels like a few of the songs are a bit more uptempo than their studio versions.

Overall it's great but I love Isbell. Saw him twice in the last year and a half. I think I would say Live From Alabama is a bit better though because I feel like those version are sometimes better than their studio equivalents.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Long time House of Pain/Everlast fan here and just saw he has tour dates coming up in Austin, Houston, and San Antonio in support of a new album I didn't even know had been released on 9/7.

I've listened to it once through only and it's not bad if you're into him.

PatAg
AG
Raconteurs released new stuff, always dug them.

I guess its just two songs? says "double A-sided single
blinnboy83
Jim01 said:

Agree the packaging is beautiful. I opted to order the black vinyl which is 180g. The colored version is standard weight and I figured I'd rather have the heavier vinyl.

I have to say when I first put it on I half thought my turntable was acting up. It seemed really fast. Feels like a few of the songs are a bit more uptempo than their studio versions.

Overall it's great but I love Isbell. Saw him twice in the last year and a half. I think I would say Live From Alabama is a bit better though because I feel like those version are sometimes better than their studio equivalents.
Agreed about Live from Bama. The setlist, the versions and the sound quality are all A++. It's my favorite Isbell album. I haven't heard the new one yet, but I've seen it written that the sound mix is not so good, which is unfortunate if true!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.