*** New Music 2018 ***

16,041 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by blinnboy83
Jim01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haven't seen this traditionally annual thread and searched didn't show one.

New CHVRCHES single release today. Love their first two albums.

bigboykin
AG
Probably looking forward to the self titled release by Superorganism more than anything right now. Really digging all the singles released so far.
bigboykin
AG
DP
TheDino
AG
The new Bahamas album "Earthtones" is fantastic. I can't stop listening to it.

Check out Way With Words:

Professor Frick
AG
That was really good, thanks!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I've listened to the first 16 songs on Culture II so far, so I'm about 15% through the album. Will let y'all know my final thoughts when I finish in July.
FancyKetchup14
AG
So Kacey Musgraves had a new album drop today...the album as a whole seems to have strayed from her old country sound (it's a little more pop-ish) but man, there are some catchy songs. She has a voice like honey.
tk for tu juan
FancyKetchup14 said:

So Kacey Musgraves had a new album drop today...the album as a whole seems to have strayed from her old country sound (it's a little more pop-ish) but man, there are some catchy songs. She has a voice like honey.
Yep, some of the songs are more pop-ish. Mainly been listening to Slow Burn on the album

New of Montreal album is his best in a decade.
Redstone
AG
Jack White has gone quite a bit more experimental, and I'm still reserving judgment until my fourth listen is completed. Please bookmark this thread - will do so sometime by this (mid-)week.
TheDino
AG
I love the new Kacey Musgraves. Her voice is so damned good.
FancyKetchup14
AG
TheDino said:

I love the new Kacey Musgraves. Her voice is so damned good.

I've listened to it a few times and I'm liking it more and more. It's a great album. Lonely weekend, high horse, and oh what a world are my favorites.
mjfrog
AG
King Krule - Dum Surfer (late 2017, easy listening indie but a little eccentric)

Sun Parade - Psycho (good indie pop)

Jim01
AG
This is the first Musgraves album I've listened to and I'm really impressed. "Rainbow" hits me in the feels every time.
Jim01
AG
New Arctic Monkeys album announced today. Out May 11. Saw their post and preordered the vinyl about 10 seconds later. Can't wait.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Sheepdogs new album came out a couple months ago and it's solid.

Josepi
AG
Anyone listen to the new Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats album? Loved his last one, but haven't had time for the new one yet.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Sounds just like his old stuff, and I mean it as a compliment.
StringerBell
AG
new cardi b dropped today
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Between that album and this video, girls everywhere have now been gifted an entire summer's worth of Instagram captions in the last 24 hours.

Punked Shank
AG
Don't think this quite qualifies as new as it looks like she became popular late last year. But this girl is pretty good. Quickly becoming popular, so I thought I'd drop it in this thread. Friend recommended her

StringerBell
AG
man cardis album is solid as hell

and I'll be damned if drake isn't trying to get a hit in every single genre ever. now he's got one in New Orleans bounce
Jim01
AG
ACL did a live stream of Brandi Carlile's taping and it is well worth the time. That girl can sang. Always thought she was beautiful as well.

It also caused me to give her new album a spin and it is excellent.
boy09
AG
I've had Astronaut by Mansionair in heavy rotation on my playlist since it came out last year.

Heard their new song Violet City yesterday for the first time. Really digging this one too.

MSFC Aggie
AG
coastsrs said:

Don't think this quite qualifies as new as it looks like she became popular late last year. But this girl is pretty good. Quickly becoming popular, so I thought I'd drop it in this thread. Friend recommended her

Ya....she's awesome....been listening to her for about a year.
94DallasAG
AG
The new Breaking Benjamin dropped this morning (although they've released 5 of the songs over the past few months).

Big Cat `93
AG
The new Sloan album (12) is one the best things I've heard in a long time.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Not new music, but I finally received my vinyl copy of Frank Ocean's Endless yesterday. Purchased it in November where they said shipping would take 5-6 weeks. Damn near summer already.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG

LET'S GO.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Oh hell yes. Hopefully Cudi will stop kissing his own ass and make music that people actually want to hear.
62strat
AG
94DallasAG said:

The new Breaking Benjamin dropped this morning (although they've released 5 of the songs over the past few months).

i picked up the digital album for $2.99 the other day, some deal through Ticketmaster.
62strat
AG
New APC album tomorrrow and new ghost album soon.

Some good bands putting out stuff recently.
Ronnie Woodard
AG
Black Stone Cherry out with a new album today. Haven't been able to listen all the way through yet, but the early releases were solid.

MW03
AG
Girl Talk put this one together with Erick the Architect (of the Flatbush Zombies). Not sure if it's a one off or not, but it was on Silicon Valley the other night.

MW03
AG
Speaking of Flatbush Zombies, BetterOffDead was an insane mixtape. They just released a new studio album earlier this month. I'm gonna check it out and report back. This is a strong song, though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.