Watching "Downfall"...

843 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Tanya 93
AggieChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And my oblivious 8 year old decides to get real interested about the time Frau Goebbels starts offing her kids and starts asking questions.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
AggieChemist said:

And my oblivious 8 year old decides to get real interested about the time Frau Goebbels starts offing her kids and starts asking questions.
Being very familiar with this history, I was shocked at the emotional reaction I had when first watching that scene. I knew what was coming, I knew what she did, yet I felt such a rage boiling in me and literally wanted to jump into the screen and strangle that female dog.
Aggie Infantry
AG
Great flick.

Someone needs to make a movie based on The Last Battle by Cornelius Ryan.
Squirrel Master
AG
Really great movie.
Tanya 93
I showed that to a class when we were doing a unit on Holocaust literature because we had read excerpts from "Until the Final Hour."

We had a class in tears. Even those boys who want to front and be all strong got mad and/or upset that she would do that to those babies.

I haven't watched it since. I was pregnant at the time but hadn't told them yet. No mom should ever do that.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

No human being should ever do that.
Fify
coupland boy
AG
That was really F'd up.
Tanya 93
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

No human being should ever do that.
Fify

True.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.