The Martian

871 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by coupland boy
coupland boy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's been on cable a couple of times thia past week. Love the movie and actually read the book a couple of years ago. Very good....wish Hollywood would do more of this type of movie.

I forget, or it wasn't addressed and/or it's just creative license.....why does he only have disco to listen to? Seems they'd all have their own music library along for such a trip.
jeffk
AG
The disco music was the commander's and for some reason, her entertainment was the only video/music available to him?
Mort Rainey
This movie was big time overrated. Everyone just got a raging hardon because Matt Damon did a movie that wasn't complete ass for the first time in a decade
Geriatric Punk
AG
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
jeffk
AG
A ton of people went to the movie because the book was incredible and they did a decent enough job adapting it to film.
coupland boy
AG
jeffk said:

The disco music was the commander's and for some reason, her entertainment was the only video/music available to him?

What a terrible dictatorial ho!!

Her feigned guilt at leaving him behind was too dramatic for my taste. The damn ship was tipping over in Mars' 0.7% (as earth's) atmospheric density. That part was recognzed as creative license to get them to evacuate but she annoyed me. "I should have killed you all" was, i guess, a better option?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I enjoyed this one even though I think Matt Damon is a raging d-nozzle.
Squirrel Master
AG
Really, really enjoyed this movie. Hadn't read the book or anything, but I thought it was a really good work of science fiction regarding how such a mission might go down.
coupland boy
AG
Squirrel Master said:

Really, really enjoyed this movie. Hadn't read the book or anything, but I thought it was a really good work of science fiction regarding how such a mission might go down.

I really did too. I'll complain about some things that annoy me but I'll watch this movie multiple times. I really like stories that put folks on far off do or die situations. I actually liked Star Trek Voyager for this reason, i think.

Book was better which usually always seems to be the case.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.