Vudu, Disc to Digital

1,121 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MGS
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone ever tried this? From what I read you pay $2 and it will get you access to the Digital movie that you already own. I'm not quite sure on it but just saw it when I was on vudu matching a movie.
Philo B 93
Never heard of it. Why not rip the disc yourself for free?
Pro Ag
AG
I've used it, just as described on the site.
BEaggie08
AG
For a little more, you can upgrade your standard def DVD to an HD digital copy. I see the value there. Otherwise, just rip it yourself.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Some people have no ability to RIP a movie - for example most Macs these days do not come with a disc drive of any kind. It is an external add-on. Others don't have the technical ability of course. lol.

It's a service like any other. I've personally never found any old DVDs I really wanted digitally to watch anywhere. But seems like not a bad price for a few movies if you really want that.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Bigger thing for me is I just discovered Movies Anywhere. I had Flixster before but it is going away.

I have Ultraviolet for movies I've gotten like the DVD/BR/Digital pack and used the redemption code for the digital version.

now Vudu links to your UV account.

Well also Vudu can link to Movies Anywhere which also links to Google Play, Amazon Video and Apple store. So movies you had anywhere all show up in one place. that's awesome. I used to have apps for each of those and movies in different places depending on how I acquired them.

Now apparently Movies Anywhere has some limit and movies from certain studios do not show up there - but once I linked them all they all showed up back in Vudu.

Pretty damn cool. I had 78 digital movies spread across platforms and now they are all on Vudu.

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
That's how I have it as well. All linked together. I don't know that I have any I would add but I just saw it and wondered if it anyone has had success with it. We mainly use the digital copies for our kids and we have a few old Disney movies that didn't come with a digital copy
lurker76
I used that feature a couple/few years ago to update my library from standard def disks to HD quality digital movies. At the time, if you converted 10 or more movies it was half price. Ten HD movies for $25 seemed like a bargain. Not all of the movies were upgradable, so it only cost a buck to get a digital copy with the discount. I can't remember the last time I bought a disk in a store. Everything we buy now is digital through one of the services. I've shared my account with my kids and now they, and the grandchildren, can watch the movies they grew up with. I want to see if my wife's brothers in Rockport were able to salvage any of their movies from the Harvey damage and convert any I don't already have.
Try it with a couple of movies you like and see if it works for you as well as it has for me.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Can you explain how you do it? Does it work through the vudu app? How do you proven it's a purchased movie?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
cpsencik04 said:

Can you explain how you do it? Does it work through the vudu app? How do you proven it's a purchased movie?

2 ways.....

1. with the mobile app you simply use the camera and scan the UPC/barcode and voila....
2. with a PC you get the downloadable program and literally rip the disc via the app via the disc drive

Option 1 is much easier and quicker.

https://www.vudu.com/in_mobile_disc_to_digital.html
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Well ***** I tried 2 movies first said upc not included, the second said Disney is not a part of this program.

Figures
Fenrir
cpsencik04 said:

Well ***** I tried 2 movies first said upc not included, the second said Disney is not a part of this program.

Figures

Disney is part of movies anywhere so if movies anywhere links to Vudu then it could work as the previous poster mentioned.
lurker76
I used the app on a pc. I haven't had any luck trying to scan UPC codes.
MGS
Not all studios on are board with the disc to digital program. And you can't do it with Disney titles because they were never part of Ultraviolet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.