Skillet

1,536 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mazag08
StickTogetherAgs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big Cat `93
AG
I have the first two Skillet albums. Completely different band back then. They look like nu-metal Abba now.
FTACO97
AG
Wonder what the big news is? They're on the Winter Jam tour right now. Just dropped an extended version of their newest album with 5-6 new songs on it in the past 1-2 months.
NoahAg
Sex Panther
AG
I don't know who this band is or what their music sounds like, but based on that photo, I hate them
c-jags
i actually worked in their merch booth with them at a christian conference. different cats but very kind and cool people. not my style of music, but how they treated a random 16 year old kid selling their shirts always stuck with me.

they're one of the few christian acts to make it mainstream, keep the Christianity, and stay relevant.
StickTogetherAgs
Sex Panther said:

I don't know who this band is or what they're music sounds like, but based on that photo, I hate them

Don't miss out on something truely great.
FTACO97
AG
Sex Panther said:

I don't know who this band is or what they're music sounds like, but based on that photo, I hate them
They've toured and opened with some big name bands like Slipknot, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and Ozzy - but please, judge them based on a picture...
Sex Panther
AG
FTACO97 said:

Sex Panther said:

They've toured and opened with some big name bands like Slipknot, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and Ozzy - but please, judge them based on a picture...

No problem, if they've toured with Slipknot, I'll judge them on that
getme
FTACO97 said:

Sex Panther said:

done.
tx1c
AG
I didn't like them until I saw them live. Changed everything for me.
mjfrog
AG
I'll judge them based on that Monster U-tube link. 3 words. 3 Days Grace. and zzzzzzz.
Dread Pirate Roberts
c-jags said:

i actually worked in their merch booth with them at a christian conference. different cats but very kind and cool people. not my style of music, but how they treated a random 16 year old kid selling their shirts always stuck with me.

they're one of the few christian acts to make it mainstream, keep the Christianity, and stay relevant.

That's funny. My first impression is the guy on the far right is dressed like generic church praise and worship leader.
Dread Pirate Roberts
FTACO97 said:

Sex Panther said:

I understand your point, but the band has chosen a "look" to brand and sell their music. If that look doesn't appeal to us, we're not buying. I'm not totally opposed to the look, but their look definitely isn't selling me.
AggieOO
I'm regularly in the valley for work, and the only rock station down there plays 95% god-awful music. I heard skillet for the first time on said station.

Holy crap, they are terribad.
c-jags
AggieOO said:

I'm regularly in the valley for work, and the only rock station down there plays 95% god-awful music. I heard skillet for the first time on said station.

Holy crap, they are terribad.
haters gonna hate.

if you're listening to anything other than Tejano in the valley, you're doing it wrong.
mazag08
AG
They are the absolute definition of generic rock. They write radio ready crap that sounds like the 9th best song from each album of every quasi relative band from the 2000's. Extremely boring and unoriginal.

That said, I admire their ability to stay strong to their faith in that scene.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.