*** SILICON VALLEY Season 5 ***

34,703 Views | 288 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dr.Rumack
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First trailer just hit. Good news, we get the show a month earlier this year (March 25 as opposed to April 24 last year). Bad News, no Erlich, obviously, though it does look to be faring pretty well without him. Excited for the show's return either way. And remember, this will be the second to last season, as HBO and the creators came to a deal to officially begin moving toward an end-game.

Oh, and you guys won't believe what I've heard happens this season ...

Max Power
AG
Thank God Jin Yang is still around, though I will miss his banter with Erlich.
MSFC Aggie
AG
Yes!!
double aught
AG
Count me in.
BowSowy
AG
Interested in this but I hope it's not another season of one step forward, two back.
Rudyjax
AG
TCTTS said:

First trailer just hit. Good news, we get the show a month earlier this year (March 25 as opposed to April 24 last year). Bad News, no Erlich, obviously, though it does look to be faring pretty well without him. Excited for the show's return either way. And remember, this will be the second to last season, as HBO and the creators came to a deal to officially begin moving toward an end-game.

Oh, and you guys won't believe what I've heard happens this season ...

As long as you don't spoil *****
Malcolm52
AG
BowSowy said:

Interested in this but I hope it's not another season of one step forward, two back.
this X a million
dave99ag
AG
I'm down!
ZEEB
AG
This show f****

Edit: tried to get around the censorship with p.h.u.k.s

Really TA?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This show fux.
BassCowboy33
More Russ, please.
PatAg
AG
This show fuchs.
PatAg
AG
This show phocks
Counterpoint
AG
This show has sex.
ZEEB
AG
Obviously I need to master my fuqin craft
Leggo My Elko
AG
Malcolm52 said:

BowSowy said:

this X a million
Could not agree more, I want them to reach at least some level of steady success. I'm disappointed Big Head wasn't in the trailer.
expresswrittenconsent
TexjbA&M said:

Malcolm52 said:

BowSowy said:

this X a million
Could not agree more, I want them to reach at least some level of steady success. I'm disappointed Big Head wasn't in the trailer.

It seems like it is just a Mike Judge quirk we have to accept.
The thing is, the show is great because of the hilarious cast and their interactions. Nobody gives a damn whether or not the show is accurate to the true experiences of an actual tech startup.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

TexjbA&M said:

Malcolm52 said:

BowSowy said:

this X a million

It seems like it is just a Mike Judge quirk we have to accept.
The thing is, the show is great because of the hilarious cast and their interactions. Nobody gives a damn whether or not the show is accurate to the true experiences of an actual tech startup.

Agreed....but certainly it has felt at times like we just keep watching Lucy pull the football away from Charlie Brown......

at some point that gets old.
expresswrittenconsent
Agree completely. It's easily the worst part of the show.
Ragoo
AG
Two steps forward, one step back as pong as we get more Silicon Valley who really cares?
TCTTS
AG
israeliag
israeliag
AG
Let's try that again:

THR: 'Silicon Valley' Confronts a "Darker Side" of Tech Culture (and T.J. Miller's Messy Exit)

iceman08
AG
To anyone wanting a good laugh, check out the politics forum, they posted the pic above and went crazy...
Sex Panther
AG
iceman08 said:

To anyone wanting a good laugh, check out the politics forum, they posted the pic above and went crazy...

I don't even know where to begin with that thread... the Politics board has really outdone themselves this time.
AggieOO
I'm not going to the politics board, I don't want to get aids.
Al Bula
AG
iceman08 said:

Vander is over there puffing out his bird chest about beta maleness with this SV photo and all the idiots are engaging in the circle jerk. Pretty comedic.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Read through the politics thread today. It was great, even after they realized it was a comedy show they still couldn't get away from out-Alpha-ing themselves.
mazag08
AG
Im a politics board conservative who attempted to let them know on that thread what the show was about. It got completely ignored. To be fair, they aren't wrong about today's society and beta males. But they fail to grasp that the article written was a marketing tool for the new season.
TCTTS
AG
Tonight!
Pro Ag
AG
Man, I really wish Richard was the one missing in an opium den.
PatAg
AG
mazag08 said:

Im a politics board conservative who attempted to let them know on that thread what the show was about. It got completely ignored. To be fair, they aren't wrong about today's society and beta males. But they fail to grasp that the article written was a marketing tool for the new season.
you post on the politics board....
TCTTS
AG
Solid premiere. I like the basic set-up for the season and laughed nearly as much as usual. I also thought I'd miss Erlich more than I did, but I think they'll be just fine without him. We'll see, though.

I don't know why, but the echo of Richard's gulp in the opening killed me more than anything else in the episode. So glad to have this show back.
TCTTS
AG
mazag08
AG
PatAg said:

mazag08 said:

you post on the politics board....

Good observation?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.