Jumanji

14,300 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Trident 88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oddity said:

Trident 88 said:

3.5 out of 5 stars.

Wow! 3.5 out of 5 stars. Seriously?

Good question. It's based on how much I think people in general will enjoy it, not how much I enjoyed it.
atag
AG
I actually like jack black but he honestly didn't even seem like jack black to me. Hart was still short funny angry black guy and the rock was still action hero guy (albeit loved both) but jack black was the only one that made me picture vapid teenage hot girl in a dude costume. He nailed it.
agracer
AG
Saw this over the weekend. Wife and I haven't laughed out loud at a film this much in a long time.
dcaggie04
AG
The Milkman said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Saw it this weekend, absolutely loved it! I was hoping that there'd be a better cameo at the end than Colin Hanks, but that's a minor nitpick.

Help me remember the original: Did they throw the board game into the ocean at the end? Just trying to figure out how it ended up on the beach at the start.

They threw it into water and it washed up on a beach.

My nitpick at the end was why didn't he name his one kid Alan after living in Alan Parish's hut!? He said that baby was Andy or something right
He named his daughter Bethany.
GoAgs92
AG
after the girl who saved his life.

Had free tickets and this was the best option for the whole family, the kids and wife liked it so that was good, but I thought it was dull.

Had a few funny parts (nerdy girl learning to be sexy, learning to pee etc) but too few, no real tension in the movie.

pb488
AG
watched this recently and enjoyed it - much more than I thought I would. all four of the avatars were great, as was the NPC guide (Murray from FotC)
Dr. Teeth
AG
Oddity said:

Actually, good point. I'm going to give it a try this afternoon. I mean, I did watch "Get Hard" with Will Ferrell and it wasn't totally bad.

Nevertheles, if Jack Black goes all Jack Black in the movie, I'm out.
He's been doing some different stuff over the past few years outside of his School of Rock/Tenacious D persona. Bernie, The Polka King, and this are examples, and I've enjoyed all of them.
nai06
AG
Dr. Teeth said:

Oddity said:

Actually, good point. I'm going to give it a try this afternoon. I mean, I did watch "Get Hard" with Will Ferrell and it wasn't totally bad.

He's been doing some different stuff over the past few years outside of his School of Rock/Tenacious D persona. Bernie, The Polka King, and this are examples, and I've enjoyed all of them.
I really enjoyed Polka King. It was not typical jack black and the true story it was based on is absolutely wild. Had a very Bernie feel to it.
Dr. Teeth
AG
I did just notice that IMDB lists a Jumanji 2 as announced on all of the main casts' pages.

Shouldn't it be Jumanji 3?
Dr. Teeth
AG
nai06 said:

Dr. Teeth said:

Oddity said:

I really enjoyed Polka King. It was not typical jack black and the true story it was based on is absolutely wild. Had a very Bernie feel to it.
I am from Carthage, and I went to church with the real Bernie, so that movie is pretty close to home for me.

Yeah, Polka King felt very similar, but the supporting cast set it apart IMHO. Jenny Slate and the mother in law were hilarious. Bitsy Bear hitting on the old bald sax player had me laughing out loud...
Serious Lee
im also late to the party, but this movie was great. Jack black's best role since saving silverman IMO.
amercer
AG
I loved the original, and from the previews thought this would be absolutely terrible.

Turned out to be the best family movie I've seen in a long time. Kids loved it and I laughed my ass off
Average Joe
AG
I felt Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, and Kevin Hart were just playing themselves and not really acting. Which is hilarious, so I'm ok with it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Movie is now the highest-grossing Sony movie ever, domestically.

http://deadline.com/2018/04/dwayne-johnson-jumanji-welcome-to-the-jungle-box-office-sony-highest-grossing-film-ever-kevin-hart-1202361757/

Pretty crazy. Maybe even a bigger surprise than what Black Panther is doing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.