Jumanji

14,290 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Cancelled
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't see it posted about here. I despised the original, but this one was pretty good. It helped that the female lead was very attractive. And, the Rock is nails as usual.
SeattleAgJr
queso1 said:

Didn't see it posted about here. I despised the original, but this one was pretty good. It helped that the female lead was very attractive. And, the Rock is nails on chalkboard as usual.
schmendeler
AG
How old are you? You "despised" a children's movie that came out 22 years ago? Weird.
redd38
AG
schmendeler said:

How old are you? You "despised" a children's movie that came out 22 years ago? Weird.

OP must be a Clue guy. Those two fandoms have hated each other since the board game wars of '98.
NC2001
AG
Just saw this in the theaters with my 7 year old son. It was much better than I anticipated. Lots of comedy all around; the entire theater was laughing the whole time. And yes, Karen Gillan wearing short shorts and a halter top the entire time was a bonus...
Out in Left Field
AG
Eagerly awaiting the Chutes & Ladders movie. Haven't heard any plot specifics yet, but emotionally there are lots of ups and downs.
Cancelled
AG
With the exception of probably 2 movies, I've never enjoyed Robin Williams.
jkag89
queso1 said:

It helped that the female lead was very attractive.
gigemJTH12
AG
those are some big hands
Oddity
I really enjoyed him and Pachino in "Insomnia".
FightinTexasAg15
AG
She looks a little different from the last movie I saw with her.

Going to see it this weekend
Vince Blake
redd38 said:

schmendeler said:

OP must be a Clue guy. Those two fandoms have hated each other since the board game wars of '98.
hurleyag
AG
She's like 5'11", so I'd say they are proportional.
Cancelled
AG
That was one I was talking about. The other was 1 Hr Photo.
policywonk98
AG
queso1 said:

That was one I was talking about. The other was 1 Hr Photo.

I liked Williams much better in all of his non-comedic movies. Dead Poets is my favorite.

This Jumanji does look pretty dang funny. Look forward to seeing it.
Beckdiesel03
AG
My 6 yo really wants to see this. Glad to hear it's good. We are gonna try to watch it during the holidays when we can get a sitter for the toddler.
dreyOO
Red head was a complete babe, Rock was great, Kevin Hart was funny as hell, but Jack Black stole the show for us. Really well done
NC2001
AG
dreyOO said:

Red head was a complete babe, Rock was great, Kevin Hart was funny as hell, but Jack Black stole the show for us. Really well done

Jack Black plays a great teenage girl
LCE
AG
Took family. Was actually better than expected.
Oddity
Wait.... Jack Black is in the movie? I'm out. Black and Will Ferrell are on my "list". To bad, and I really wanted to see the movie.
schmendeler
AG
Yep. Can you believe they hid him in the trailer and advertising like that?
FL_Ag1998
AG
Oddity said:

Wait.... Jack Black is in the movie? I'm out. Black and Will Ferrell are on my "list". To bad, and I really wanted to see the movie.

So, a movie looks really good to you, you're all hyped to see it, but then at the last minute you find out that one of the main actors (out of four mind you) is a certain person you don't like so you decide to completely rule it out?

Sounds like you're ruling out a really good movie for a silly reason.
Oddity
Actually, good point. I'm going to give it a try this afternoon. I mean, I did watch "Get Hard" with Will Ferrell and it wasn't totally bad.

Nevertheles, if Jack Black goes all Jack Black in the movie, I'm out.
shaynew1
AG
I can't imagine someone doing a better job in this one than jack black
fig96
AG
Went yesterday and it's a lot of fun. The game metaphor is entertaining throughout and it's got some great action sequences, good holiday popcorn flick.
Philip J Fry
AG
Enjoyed it a helluva lot more than TLJ
Fairview
AG
When I saw the trailer I was skeptical but after reading this thread was looking forward to it. Even after the hype on this thread it was better than I though. The kids enjoyed it as much as the adults which is rare in a movie.
Philip J Fry
AG
It's actually how I wish RP1 would have been done in many aspects.
Bockaneer
AG
saw this w my 14 yo daughter Sat evening right before heading to the Cy-Fair championship game- was a blast
Rock/Kevin Hart/Jack Black kept it fun; we both liked this version of Jumanji way better than the original but To be fair neither of us is a big horror fan

91G 'EM 94GGIES!
ATM9000
AG
Bockaneer said:

saw this w my 14 yo daughter Sat evening right before heading to the Cy-Fair championship game- was a blast
Rock/Kevin Hart/Jack Black kept it fun; we both liked this version of Jumanji way better than the original but To be fair neither of us is a big horror fan

The original Jumanji is considered horror?
Bockaneer
AG
the original was definitely a darker movie, maybe suspense is a better word but my daughter remembers nightmares after the 1st, of course she was really young when she saw it too

for myself, the original didn't deliver on the comic premise that casting Robin Williams implied but neither was it It

that said, I was motivated to see the new edition based on the trailers and this movie delivered
Jason Ag
AG
Bockaneer said:

the original was definitely a darker movie, maybe suspense is a better word but my daughter remembers nightmares after the 1st, of course she was really young when she saw it too

for myself, the original didn't deliver on the comic premise that casting Robin Williams implied but neither was it It

that said, I was motivated to see the new edition based on the trailers and this movie delivered

Friggin giant spiders!

FL_Ag1998
AG
Oddity said:

Actually, good point. I'm going to give it a try this afternoon. I mean, I did watch "Get Hard" with Will Ferrell and it wasn't totally bad.

Nevertheles, if Jack Black goes all Jack Black in the movie, I'm out.

Of course now I keep checking back to get your post-Jack Black report on the movie.
BigTimeAlum
AG
They did a really really good job on this one. They nailed the teenagers
emando2000
AG
I'm not a Jack Black fan by any means but I think he was one of the best in this. I took my nieces & nephew to see it. They LOVED it & I thought it was pretty good. I love the banter between The Rock & Kevin Hart in everything they do... I find myself laughing before they even say anything at times.

Overall I enjoyed it and glad I took the kiddos!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.