Altered Carbon

27,843 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Having read the books, I am so glad they found a way to bring Poe back. Best part of the show. Man I need to reread the books. Been several years.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
amercer
AG
Interesting. Looks like they've gone full action movie. I really liked the detective angle of the first season.

Maybe next season he can resleeve as Van Damme.
Dro07
AG
They resleeve as a woman next season
exitone
AG
amercer said:

Interesting. Looks like they've gone full action movie. I really liked the detective angle of the first season.

If I remember, the first book was more of a detective story, the second was sci-fi aliens in space, the third more of a on the run / war movie. I just dont know if they are going to follow the books here.
schmendeler
AG
looks good. i don't remember much of how it ended. i think i will need to rewatch the last episode or something.
gomerschlep
AG
I was hoping this would get a second season. Weird it took two years though
fig96
AG
Been rewatching the series to prep for s2, I'm an Anthony Mackie fan so excited to see him in the role.

The first season got a bit dark for me at the end though, curious to see how this one goes.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
exitone said:

amercer said:

If I remember, the first book was more of a detective story, the second was sci-fi aliens in space, the third more of a on the run / war movie. I just dont know if they are going to follow the books here.

Yeah from the previews, I'm thinking at least some of the third book is incorporated in this one.
oragator
Season 2 dropped today.
amercer
AG
oragator said:

Season 2 dropped today.

Well is is good???

The way Netflix drops whole seasons actually gives me less urgency to watch the show. I'll never crush through a season in a weekend, so I'm always going to be behind on the discussion. So why not just wait a couple months. Probably watch this when westworld is done.
oragator
LOL.

I posted that when I saw the pop up in Netflix.

I did watch episode 1 - I went in totally blind, so seeing AM pop up was cool. If you liked season 1 you will probably like this, but it's been so long since then that some of the references were tough to remember.
e cartman
AG
Just finished episode 3. Thus far, significant drop off from season 1. Story isn't anywhere near as interesting.
gggmann
AG
e cartman said:

Just finished episode 3. Thus far, significant drop off from season 1. Story isn't anywhere near as interesting.

I lost a lot of interest when I read Joel Kinamman wasn't going to be featured in season 2.
Darth Randy
4 episodes in, and I'm just not excited about it like I was for season one. This seems like a bad role for Mackie, or maybe he just has big shoes to fill because of season 1.

Gonna stick with it because the whole universe the series has built is really cool to me, but I'm really meh about it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Serious lack of boobs so far.

This was GOT's problem too. People on the internet will excuse plot holes if you make up for it with boobs.
The Debt
Personally the first two thirds of season 1 was great, I gave no real fks for the plot resolution.

And here we are, thirty years in the future, and I still dont really care about the revolution, corruption, or his mentor/surrogatefather.

It's extremely difficult to care about a show where the villian isnt wearing black. Metaphor of course, but the fact remains without a clear defined villain and one that is visibly malevolent, this show is just a man's journey of discovery, which is less compelling TV
Furlock Bones
AG
e cartman said:

I had heard they never really planned a second season. This was truly Spaceballs 2: a search for more money.

I am 2.5 episodes in and struggling to keep going.
unimboti nkum
AG
This season truly sucks. I have no idea what's going on and don't care.
Soso nikinombiki maaki dii.
Icecream_Ag
S
Binged season 2 yesterday.

Not a great effort, Mackie seemed like a big name pick to get a big name and didn't really fit.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Dang, looks like I won't watch season 2 since pretty much everyone has said it sucks.

In season 1, up until his sister saviny him from the fighting pit were some of my favorite episodes of any show. I have watched those episodes numerous times. The last third of season 1 wasn't nearly as strong as the first 2/3 but still had some good moments.

Very disappointing to hear that season 2 is really weak.
artty
Disappointing news about S2, but I'll still watch it.
jamaggie06
AG
Watched it. Loved season one.

Season 2 felt like an incoherent story all the way through. I guess I'd give it a C+/B- since I watched all the way through, but I'm not sure I could give a coherent summary, which to me says it was lacking.

YMMV
aggiepaintrain
AG
Didn't make it past ep 3. Turned on F1 S2, it's money.
FJB
YouBet
AG
I just finished S1 last night and really enjoyed it. I have nothing new to bring to the table other than echoing how f'ing hot Ortega is.

I really think I'm in love with her. May try to reach out..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.