Netflix- Dark

7,548 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Madagascar
GinaLinetti
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
German series. Time travel. Murder. Lots of ****ed up stuff. We've been watching all day and are digging it. I get lost now and again, but it's pretty friggin awesome. Anyone else watching?

Edit to add the trailer.
bcasey03
AG
Added to my list but haven't started yet
GinaLinetti
AG
We watched the whole thing today. Looking forward to a second season. So many wtf moments.
rhutton125
AG
4 down. Very intrigued.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I tried, it looks awesome. But I can't get over the dub. Netflix wouldn't have a way of letting me watch it in German with subtitles would it?
GinaLinetti
AG
I'm not sure. It took me a couple episodes to get over that but after a bit I didn't really notice anymore.
Texmid
AG
Started it over the weekend. Couldn't get through the first episode. I HATE having to read subtitles. If I wanted to read I would grab a damn book. Who at Netflix had the bright idea to produce a show in German?
Sapper Redux
Texmid said:

Started it over the weekend. Couldn't get through the first episode. I HATE having to read subtitles. If I wanted to read I would grab a damn book. Who at Netflix had the bright idea to produce a show in German?

Guessing it was someone who is German.
schmendeler
AG
Texmid said:

waaaaa
The D
AG
This show is like an adult version of stranger things. It's freaking great !
Kate Beckett
AG
On episode 5. This is intense and crazy and I am here for it. The dubbing I quickly got over.
drmwvr
AG
Just started this as well. First couple of episodes were a little confusing to me but the show started to catch its groove in episode three. Looking forward to see where this goes!

Edit- It did not take me long to get over the dubbing. However, I do find it interesting that the closed captioning and the overdubbing are so different sometimes. I ended up turning off the CC because this was distracting to me.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'd assume it's because the dubbing has to finish in the time the character is actually speaking where as the captions can be a more accurate translation of what's being said.
scoodogg
AG
I just finished the first season, which I watched after hearing about it here. I really liked it.

I started with the dubbed version, but it was too distracting. I switched to German, with subtitles, after three episodes. Much better to me.
BeastmodeAg
AG
Watched the entire series the day it came out, dubbed was ok. Would of been way better in American but still was a good watch!
exp
AG
Very good show. Loved it.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Image spoiler below.

exp
AG
Spoiler photo follow-up

That picture is not accurate my by memory. The person it lists as the "stranger" off towards the right is actually future Jonas is it not?
aggiephoenix02
Continuum
rhutton125
AG
What a letdown. We really liked it but until there's a season 2, it's just an incomplete story.
redeyeone
AG
Damn this show pulls you in. Looking forward to season 2.
cablinaggie
AG
I thought it was great, but Germans are fkin crazy. Theres no way your average American is walking into a dark endless cave by themselves at night armed with only a flashlight.

Bullscheiss
cr0wbar
AG
Diggin it. Hannah is hawt
mhayden
Binged it over the last few days. Thought it was great. Always a bit leery of any TV series that is time-travel related because the question becomes was the entire story written for X episodes/seasons, or is post-Season-1 going to be written as we go...

But cinematography and acting was both top-notch. I echo the earlier posters issue with the dubbing/CC -- I almost feel like I'm better off leaving it in German and going closed-caption because what the characters say and what the captions read can often times be two different things. Most of the time it's fine, but when the character is dubbed saying the S-word and the caption uses the F-word, it just becomes jarring.
exp
AG
Not sure why or how y'all were seeing closed captions. I only heard the dubbing.
mhayden
Like any other Netflix show you can turn on the CC.

I do it with a lot of heavy-dialogue shows because my TV/Sound-Bar does a poor job with voices and/or I'm getting old and can't hear as well.
ConroeAg
German audio with English subtitles is the way to go with this one. Much better than the English dubbing, in my opinion.

We are used to watching all shows with Closed Captioning anyway, because my two young boys keep us from hearing lots of audio on a regular basis.
captkirk
AG
Enjoyed season 1
cr0wbar
AG
That was excellent television

Go German, with English subtitles.
Sex Panther
AG
Just finished... this show is meine scheisse

schmendeler
AG
Just finished the first season. Loved it, but was a little pissed about the ending until I realized it was going to have another season.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Good show but it does take some work to keep up w the characters and who they are in relation to the time travel
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Two episodes in thanks to this thread. Digging it so far. Time travel **** is my jam.

And agree, German audio with English CC. Couldn't do it with the dub.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, E2 spoiler: November 5, 1986. Solid BTTF reference.
schmendeler
AG
Because it's so focused on this town I feel like I've almost been there myself. They did a good job of getting you familiar with the setting.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.