Doctor Who Christmas Special sneak peek

3 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Love the 'spoilers' comment from the Doctor in response to Lethbridge-Stewart.

***Edit, thought I saw that he was a younger Lethbridge-Stewart in an article, but it looks like it could be someone else.
SeattleAgJr
Nurse Who on board! (click bait, you are welcome)

Not a fan of the sex change, but Jodie is pretty damn hot.

An overall lackluster episode, with recycled Bill. David Bradley and his 1960s world view was pretty amusing.

Love the nod to an old character.

I am SO glad Moffett is out. I love a lot of what he does, but he is much better on the build up than the resolution.

Plus he gave us Amy, so he scored a few points there.

Liquid Wrench
I'm watching tonight at 8 like an AMERICAN.

Looking forward to the end of Capaldi. My only thought on the new doctor is that I hope they bring back some of the fun that's been missing with Doctor Angry Death Cheater.
SeattleAgJr
Capaldi grew on me, but I still wish they had gone younger.
I despised Clara, other than the fact she was smoking hot.
Bill also grew on me, but I am so glad she is gone.
Tanya 93
DVR set
Liquid Wrench
I would have no problem with an older doctor, they just went in directions that threw out a ton of character history and development. A Tom Baker-type eccentric could be great. I just think Moffat and then Capaldi had issues with being lifelong fans wanting to make their own imprints and prove they weren't doing the same old thing.
LeonardSkinner
Decent. I didn't really get into the most recent iteration (with Bill Potts), but it seemed a fitting end.
SeattleAgJr
Honestly I thought he would go on a tirade accusing them of stealing memories without the person's consent, how it is a violation of them. I was shocked they did not go that way.

Plus they took his as well. Which means anyone accessing it can find out his real name.
PacifistAg
AG
I really enjoyed the episode. I don't seem to recall the actual 1st Doctor being like that towards women, but it's been a while since I watched three 1st. All in all, I loved it.

Loved how they incorporated the Christmas cease-fire. I had really started to get into Capaldi. Bill was much, much better with him than was Clara.
SeattleAgJr
I had forgotten the he had forgotten Clara.

Was not thrilled to see her back.
Velvet Jones
AG
Enjoyed it quite a bit.

"Hello, you stupid old man" was a fantastic addition and a fitting, final closure to Clara's story with the Doctor.

Looking forward to Doctor 13.

Liquid Wrench
Pretty solid episode. I was glad they brought in a new/different antagonist as well as a classic reference. Figured they would have to find a way for him to see Clara one last time even though it wasn't really her, like Amelia. Probably a little anachronistic to have the first Doctor saying all those untimely comments. The Christmas Armistice and tie in with the Lethbridge-Stewart family nice and clever. Visually, it was well done.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.