50 Best Superhero Movies of All Time

1,571 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AliasMan02
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think I could have listed 50 superhero movies

Yet here they are.
FTACO97
AG
Stupid list is stupid....

So much wrong with the order of these, I don't even know where to start....

They have the Kilmer and Clooney Batman films ranked higher than several of the MCU movies....And BvS is dead last? I know it has it's issues but dead last? C'mon...

Duncan Idaho
That list better start with blade
Sex Panther
AG
That was actually my biggest complaint surprisingly. Neither Blade or Blade 2 even made it.
chipotle
50. BvsS
49. Suicide Squad

stopped reading
jackie childs
Sex Panther said:

That was actually my biggest complaint surprisingly. Neither Blade or Blade 2 even made it.
if you expand the honorable mention, they've got Blade (#55), Blade 2 (#52) and Blade Trinity (#72)
jackie childs
jackie childs said:

Sex Panther said:

if you expand the honorable mention, they've got Blade (#55), Blade 2 (#52) and Blade Trinity (#72)
which makes the list way worse...i was really hoping it was just an oversight
Duncan Idaho
jackie childs said:

jackie childs said:

Sex Panther said:

which makes the list way worse...i was really hoping it was just an oversight

No kidding.
The Debt
chipotle said:

50. BvsS
49. Suicide Squad

stopped reading

They were terrible. You are letting your 7yo fanboy get in the way.
israeliag
AG
It's someone else's list, of course it's going to differ than yours. (Mine would be vastly different.)

The fun is in the mini-lists:
Quote:

An Overall Ranking of the Superhero Chrises
FOURChris Pine (receiving one second-place vote)
THREEChris Pratt (receiving one first-place vote)
TWOChris Hemsworth (receiving five first-place votes)
ONEChris Evans (receiving five first-place votes, one third-place vote, and one demand to "stop trolling")
(This is pretty much the reverse order)

Quote:

A Ranking of the Most Annoying Government Officials in Superhero Movies
No one likes a stickler for the rules. These were voted on by The Ringer's group of superhero experts.
FIVEAmanda Waller, Suicide Squad
FOURThe high and mighty Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
THREETony Stark when he became the feds and argued for regulation in Captain America: Civil War
TWOThe hoity-toity government doctor from Logan
ONENick Fury (Note: Nick Fury won this vote by a landslide.)

Quote:

A Ranking of Superhero Villains
As voted on by The Ringer's group of superhero experts.
2-175All other villains
ONEHeath Ledger's Joker from The Dark Knight
Should list Loki as 2, and the rest is fine.
rhutton125
AG
Nick Fury is the best. He fired a rocket launcher at a jet mid-takeoff. That ain't no government stooge.
Bruce Almighty
AG
FTACO97 said:

They have the Kilmer and Clooney Batman films ranked higher than several of the MCU movies....And BvS is dead last? I know it has it's issues but dead last? C'mon...

The Clooney Batman isn't even in the top 50 and the only MCU movie behind the Kilmer one is The Hulk. Are we reading the same list? Also, BvS isn't dead last. Its 50th out of way more comic book movies.
MooreTrucker
AG
Read all the way to the bottom. this is just the top 50 of the full list, which is long.
Bruce Almighty
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Read all the way to the bottom. this is just the top 50 of the full list, which is long.
I get that, but everything I said still stands. BvS isn't "dead last", the Clooney Batman isn't ahead of a single MCU movie and the Kilmer Batman is only ahead of one movie in the MCU.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

MooreTrucker said:

I get that, but everything I said still stands. BvS isn't "dead last", the Clooney Batman isn't ahead of a single MCU movie and the Kilmer Batman is only ahead of one movie in the MCU.
BvS isn't dead last because there are many movies behind it on the list. the rest I agree with, however.
Bruce Almighty
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Bruce Almighty said:

MooreTrucker said:

BvS isn't dead last because there are many movies behind it on the list. the rest I agree with, however.
The poster I originally responded to said BvS was dead last.
FTACO97
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

FTACO97 said:

The Clooney Batman isn't even in the top 50 and the only MCU movie behind the Kilmer one is The Hulk. Are we reading the same list? Also, BvS isn't dead last. Its 50th out of way more comic book movies.
Ah....you're right. My bad. I saw Batman Forever (which it says their review guy claims is better than 2/3 of Nolan's Batman) sitting higher than 50 and then Batman Returns and thought those were Clooney and Kilmer. Forgot that Batman Returns was Keaton. But should Batman Returns sit above Captain America, Thor, Doctor Strange, and Ant-Man? Reading comprehension fail on my part.

As for the complaint of my BvS "dead last"....sure they have honorable mentions but this is the TOP 50 list.....so in their top 50 list...it's dead last.
Bruce Almighty
AG
FTACO97 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

FTACO97 said:

Ah....you're right. My bad. I saw Batman Forever (which it says their review guy claims is better than 2/3 of Nolan's Batman) sitting higher than 50 and then Batman Returns and thought those were Clooney and Kilmer. Forgot that Batman Returns was Keaton. But should Batman Returns sit above Captain America, Thor, Doctor Strange, and Ant-Man? Reading comprehension fail on my part.

As for the complaint of my BvS "dead last"....sure they have honorable mentions but this is the TOP 50 list.....so in their top 50 list...it's dead last.
I know I'm in the minority, but I think Batman Returns is the third best Batman movie behind Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I probably would have it above all those MCU movies you listed. Its all subjective though. Kick-Ass, the two Hellboy movies, The Crow and X-Men First Class are all too low IMO.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The Debt said:

chipotle said:

50. BvsS
49. Suicide Squad

stopped reading

They were terrible. You are letting your 7yo fanboy get in the way.
Yet Batman Forever is ranked #37? F*** that. BvS and Suicide Squad were not worse than Batman Forever. Joel Schumacher was Zack Snyder before Zach Snyder.
toucan82
I assume The Incredibles were in the 8-13 range
AliasMan02
AG
Wonder Woman at #5. When America calms down and is able to take an objective look at the world, this will look really dumb. Wonder Woman was really good. Gal Gadot is AMAZING as Diana. But that movie had real problems at every stage and its third act was one of the most nonsensical of the modern superhero cinema age.

Top 20 on the basis of Gadot's performance? Sure. Top 5? Get real.

Edit: I jumped the gun a little. The calculated metric they're using makes some sense and I respect them for trying to use one. I didn't see that at first. Given the box office and the skew in grosses toward recent releases (3D, large format, etc.) it makes sense to be at #5.
Forum Troll
AG
BvS ultimate edition is actually decently solid. Just long. There are much worse comic book movies out there.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I thought Wonder Woman was really good. I personally wouldn't put it in the top 5, but I can't really fault somebody for putting a movie that high when I enjoyed it myself.
AliasMan02
AG
I take it all back. Looking deeper into the numbers they used, I think this is a great way to do the list. Adjusting it for RT score and box office makes sense. And when you look at the movies they actually LIKED, it doesn't really follow the list. Ranking things using rewatchability and remake necessity (could this movie be improved by remaking it?) is really a good system.

Just spot checking, for example, Ant Man is down at #30, but the voters all really liked it (rewatch score of 7.00 and remake necessity of 9.22), meaning they are likely to rewatch it and don't think it could be done much better.

By comparison, The Dark Knight has a remake score of 9.73 (the highest, I think, is X-Men First Class at 9.78) and rewatchability of 9.27 (tied with Logan in that regard). BvS is 2.78 and 4.55, respectively.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.