What Fictional Character Didn't deserve to get the Girl (Guy)?

6,331 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is totally stolen from AskReddit, but it is fun exercise.

What movie or book have you gotten upset about them winning the relationship?

Zosima
Forrest Gump
swimmerbabe11
Mine is the boyfriend in the Devil Wears Prada.

That dude, although attractive is a total dbag. So are her friends. Unsupportive jerk face who is a chef, therefore would also work crazy hours..but when she does it? OH NO. Also he's a chef. You can chef anywhere that people eat which is literally everywhere.

Her friends are also jerks and she deserved better than all those people. Unfaithful idiot friends.
Flashdiaz
AG
Sixteen Candles....

Jake's current gf was a ***** but I still don't see what Jake sees in Samantha personality wise. He could have gotten someone all around better.
jackie childs
Anakin
3rdGen2015
AG
The Harry Potter fandom seems to be split on this, but Ron is the worst and did not deserve Hermione
Squirrel Master
AG
Ross. He's a horrible terrible person.
Max Power
AG
Ted Mosby
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rachel is worse.
swimmerbabe11
3rdGen2015 said:

The Harry Potter fandom seems to be split on this, but Ron is the worst and did not deserve Hermione

Dude, they got together cause of adrenaline and teen hormones. When the dust settles, they are gonna grow to hate each other. She will hate him so much.
swimmerbabe11
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Rachel is worse.

All of the characters on Friends are more or less bad people

Two different cases for Joey and Rachel:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/courtneygould/rachel-shouldve-been-her-own-damn-lobster?utm_term=.huR0qG390#.hq8NOyn6N

http://thefederalist.com/2017/09/15/yes-friends-ended-rachel-joey-together/
maverick2076
Max Power said:

Ted Mosby
Ted deserved Robin. She was a dysfunctional POS too. He didn't deserve the wife, and the viewers didn't deserve that bull**** ending.
schmendeler
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

pretty sure Rowling has said that she screwed up by putting them together instead of her with harry.
jackie childs
maverick2076 said:

Max Power said:

Ted Mosby
Ted deserved Robin. She was a dysfunctional POS too. He didn't deserve the wife, and the viewers didn't deserve that bull**** ending.
i'm not sure Lily deserved Marshall
Presley OBannons Sword
****ing Pacey
Two Down
AG
Jonah Hill's character (Seth) in Super Bad.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Max should have picked Dustin ( and his hair) over Lucas

Ferris didn't deserve Sloane

She should have picked Duckie

chipotle
Every Adam Sandler character.
swimmerbabe11
jackie childs said:

maverick2076 said:

Max Power said:

Ted Mosby

Who does deserve Marshall?

(probably Ted's first wife)
jackie childs
swimmerbabe11 said:

jackie childs said:

maverick2076 said:

Max Power said:

Ted Mosby

Who does deserve Marshall?

(probably Ted's first wife)
maybe Lily's stripper doppleganger?
bangobango
AG
Pea Eye and Lorie.
powerbelly
AG
jackie childs said:

maverick2076 said:

Max Power said:

Ted Mosby
I'm 100% sure she didn't deserve Marshall.
M.C. Swag
AG
The #1 answer to this is Noah Calhoun in the movie that lowered every girl's standards in their 20s; The Notebook.

Noah was a complete psychopath. From the moment he met Allie and forced her on a date by threatening to commit suicide, he continued to commit acts of neglect or outright emotional abuse. He says he'd do anything for Allie....but apparently moving to NY is just absurd. So instead he selfishly pouts and builds a creepy house meant for both of them even though he knows she's engaged to someone else.

And writing a letter everyday is romantic....to a point. Then it becomes creepy and psychotic. He wanted to see her and communicate with her so badly that he was willing to write her everyday....but totally unwilling to pick up a phone or travel to her in person?

And all of that in a vacuum is bad enough before you consider the poor guy Noah stole Allie from. Lon Hammond was a freaking war vet and genuine good guy to Allie. But Noah couldn't care less.
wangus12
AG
schmendeler said:

3rdGen2015 said:

pretty sure Rowling has said that she screwed up by putting them together instead of her with harry.
Except Harry is a better all-around match with Ginny
powerbelly
AG
wangus12 said:

schmendeler said:

3rdGen2015 said:

Except Harry is a better all-around match with Ginny
Yep. Book Ginny is also much better then movie Ginny.
Presley OBannons Sword
M.C. Swag said:

The #1 answer to this is Noah Calhoun in the movie that lowered every girl's standards in their 20s; The Notebook.

Noah was a complete psychopath. From the moment he met Allie and forced her on a date by threatening to commit suicide, he continued to commit acts of neglect or outright emotional abuse. He says he'd do anything for Allie....but apparently moving to NY is just absurd. So instead he selfishly pouts and builds a creepy house meant for both of them even though he knows she's engaged to someone else.

And writing a letter everyday is romantic....to a point. Then it because creepy and psychotic. He wanted to see her and communicate with her so badly that he was willing to write her everyday....but totally unwilling to pick up a phone or travel to her in person?

And all of that in a vacuum is bad enough before you consider the poor guy Noah stole Allie from. Lon Hammond was a freaking war vet and genuine good guy to Allie. But Noah couldn't care less.
moving from the South Carolina lowcountry to New York IS unreasonable. and Noah was a war vet too. **** Cyclops.

Noah was the ****ing man.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Squirrel Master said:

THEY WERE ON A BREAK!!!!!!
M.C. Swag
AG
Which makes it worse. He screwed over a fellow soldier and WOUNDED vet.
Presley OBannons Sword
M.C. Swag said:

Which makes it worse. He screwed over a fellow soldier and WOUNDED vet.
nope. being engaged only means "dating really seriously". until there's a ring, it's fair game. Team Noah all day.

I bet you'll say you like Cyclops better than Wolverine too.
Presley OBannons Sword
GiveEmHellBill said:

Squirrel Master said:

THEY WERE ON A BREAK!!!!!!
they totally were.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Sixteen Candles....

Jake's current gf was a ***** but I still don't see what Jake sees in Samantha personality wise. He could have gotten someone all around better.
Was she really?

The only time we really get to spend any time with her is when she's hammered drunk. And she was a pleasant drunk. Drunk all the same, but still alcohol didn't turn her into a raging b*tch. Sure, Jake seemed annoyed by her in this state, but he also just seemed annoyed by everyone around him. He spent half the movie moping around, looking annoyed.

Now that I think about it, Jake was kind of an a-hole to her. Especially by sending her off with Farmer Ted like that. And when she sobered up and realized she may have slept with a nerdy freshman, she pretty much took in all in stride and didn't flip out.

F*** it....Jake didn't deserve her! F*** Jake. I hope Sam broke up with him!
Duncan Idaho
Zosima said:

Forrest Gump

100xs on this. He did nothing that was even close to evil that would needed to deserve her.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That is a surprisingly well-defended argument for Joey and Rachel.
Duncan Idaho
jackie childs said:

Anakin

Fake news. I can't even tell you how many chick's I have nailed by describing my hatred of sandy. Ironically sand gets 'em wet.
MGS
Scott Pilgrim
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.