Universe/idea you wished was more fleshed out.

7,600 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Madmarttigan
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As in a concept/ world build that did not get enough time/development. Thinking movies but I guess can cover any media.

For me, I would LOVE for the Necromongers from the Riddick series to get more development. I was fascinated by the concept and would dearly love to see more. Where did they come from? Why do they do the things they do? What happens to them in the future? Origins of the Lord Marshal? The movies barely scratch the surface IMO.

Extra screen time would be great but I would be more than happy with just some novelizations too from the original creator. I think more characters and lore could easily be created in this set and do well.

Just curious to what yall would like to see more of that is out there.
Liquid Wrench
Cobra-La. They just came out of nowhere.

who?mikejones
AG
Crystal Pepsi
YouBet
AG
That's funny. My first thought was the Furyans from the same movies.

Also, the Gunslingers during the time of Arthur Eld.
mrsbeer05
AG
Love to have more about Henry Jones Sr.
oragator
Firefly.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good thread.

For me, it's the war that led up to The Matrix.

A more fleshed out Animatrix, but as a live action movie or tv series.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'd like a stand-alone movie about the three girls at Ridgemont High that all cultivated the Pat Benatar look.
Bulldog73
AG
Jack Reacher being physically imposing.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I agree with the Chronicles of Riddick.

I want a whole movie of Riddick taking on the Furions and skip the prison planet part. It felt like it was two movies condensed into one with one being more interesting than the other.

One thing that I would love see, but don't want made (if that makes any sense): A movie showing how John Wick took the blood marker that enabled him to "retire" from his life as the Boogeyman and start his life with his ultimately doomed wife.

I would love to see that (as the John Wick movies absolutely kick ass), but we don't really need any more prequels.
schmendeler
AG
The engineers.
Duncan Idaho
the story that inspired Keenu Reeves' Johnny mnemonic movie was set in a universe that is built out in the sprawl trilogy By William Gibson . I want to see those made into movies
swimmerbabe11
the coconuts in Moana
G Martin 87
AG
oragator said:

Firefly.

As a loyal browncoat myself, Firefly was my first thought as well. But on second thought, Whedon actually did a pretty great job fleshing out the 'verse in just 14 episodes and one movie. We know how the Alliance formed. We know how the browncoats lost. We know how the Reavers were created. We know River's story. We know a lot of Chinese slang and cuss words. What's really left? Shepherd Book's story is the biggest mystery remaining, IMO.
jackie childs
my first choice is the nathan drake/uncharted stories, but i think we're getting that soon.

i would love to see a dirk pitt movie universe done well.
Flashdiaz
AG
Explain this line visually

" A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights"

and no, don't show him about to kill a bunch of elementary aged kids nor show me him going into the jedi temple then cut scene nor him killing an old jedi who gave up.

I want to see him hunt down and destroy Jedi Knights.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
The Scarecrow in the Batman Universe
I think we need more development on him. I didn't like Cillian Murphy's portrayal. I mean, it fit fine with Batman Begins, but I'd like something a little closer to the villain in the Animated Series and the comics.

The Debt
Leeroy from The Mexican
swimmerbabe11
I'd just like it if everyone just agreed that Batman the animated series should be the standard and canon upon which all Batman universe portrayals are judged on.
bluefire579
AG
I wouldn't mind seeing more of GRRM's world from A Song of Ice and Fire fleshed out, but less about Westeros and more about everything to the east, beyond Qarth and all that.

Also, pretty much anything Joe Abercrombie continues to do in his First Law world is okay by me, but in particular, I'd like to see more about the Gurkish Empire
israeliag
AG
The world in Almost Human that was being setup was very interesting. Hardly got to see or learn anything about it in the brief life of that series.

Similar worlds to Blade Runner and Dredd - both of which deserve more fleshing out.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

The world in Almost Human that was being setup was very interesting. Hardly got to see or learn anything about it in the brief life of that series.
I'm still mad about this one. Urban was awesome and Minka Kelly is pretty damn attractive. Thought the show was starting to pick up speed after a couple average episodes and then it got yanked. Typical Fox
israeliag
AG
wangus12 said:

and Minka Kelly is pretty damn attractive
Yup. And Michael Ealy was terrific in his role as an android.
YouBet
AG
bluefire579 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing more of GRRM's world from A Song of Ice and Fire fleshed out, but less about Westeros and more about everything to the east, beyond Qarth and all that.

Also, pretty much anything Joe Abercrombie continues to do in his First Law world is okay by me, but in particular, I'd like to see more about the Gurkish Empire

Good one on Gurkish Empire. All of the books in this universe are excellent by the way. Finished Red Country not too long ago.

Another one is more backstory in Glen Cooks Black Company specifically on the really powerful godloke beings (can't remember what they are called). However, I never actually finished that whole series because it got weird and boring so maybe that was addressed in the final books.
heddleston
AG
Robert Jordan just didnt flesh out WoT enough. Needs at least 8 or 9 more books.
MGS
Flashdiaz said:

" A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights"

and no, don't show him about to kill a bunch of elementary aged kids nor show me him going into the jedi temple then cut scene nor him killing an old jedi who gave up.

Don't worry, I'm sure Disney will eventually come up with yet another movie set between RoTS and ANH that shows this.
AlaskanAg99
AG
An R-rated Vader movie would be one of the best films ever made and would gross so much dough if done right.
Another Doug
AG
Flashdiaz said:

younglings
MandoArms
G Martin 87 said:

oragator said:

Firefly.

As a loyal browncoat myself, Firefly was my first thought as well. But on second thought, Whedon actually did a pretty great job fleshing out the 'verse in just 14 episodes and one movie. We know how the Alliance formed. We know how the browncoats lost. We know how the Reavers were created. We know River's story. We know a lot of Chinese slang and cuss words. What's really left? Shepherd Book's story is the biggest mystery remaining, IMO.
I think we have a few details on the verse but not nearly enough, we don't know how the Brown Coats lost just that they lost. I would love to see a series about the war itself. Maybe from the view of a divided family with people on both sides of the conflict. Maybe even have it tie into Sheppard Book's back story.

Also, Rivers little line, "two by two hands of blue" I still wonder what that was all about and why it didn't make it into the movie. We saw them in one episode on Ariel but that was it...

M.C. Swag
AG
1) I think the most obvious un-explored territory on big time TV right now is Westworld.

So far we've seen absolutely NOTHING about the 'real' world. All we know is that the extremely wealthy use these time piece themeparks to escape their own reality.

2) Star Wars has unlimited potential for further expansion. I'd love to see the story of how Yoda became the leader of the Jedi order.

BUT my all-time favorite, need a followup or prequel, movie is....

Cabin in the Woods.

For those who haven't watched, you need to. It's one of the most unique horror movies I can remember watching. It's one of those movies you have to re-watch to truly appreciate it. I remember accidentally seeing it in theatres because the movie I originally wanted to see was sold out. I was 'forced' to buy a ticket for this seemingly run-of-the-mill horror movie I had barely heard of. Boy was I wrong. I never had so much fun in the theatre and walked out with a huge grin on my face.

BTW, the movie itself has an interesting production backstory. It was originally filmed in 2010, but due to a legal dispute between production companies, it was forced to sit on the shelves for 3 years before being released. It was written by Joss Whedon and Directed by Drew Goddard (The Martian) well before either became hollywood juggernauts. It's extremely well done.

Going back to the premise of this thread, for anyone who has seen Cabin in the Woods, there is a very clear background to the movie that should be explored and I would love to see.
mazag08
AG
Cloverfield / 10 Cloverfield Lane / God Particle

While this has been setup for each movie to stand alone but be a part of the same general universal themes, I would love to see them all connected in some way and hashed our further.
Hagen95
AG
I would like to see the Silmarillion put on screen but not butchered like The Hobbit was.

Maybe if they started making movies about the Kingkiller Chronicles, Rothfuss would finish the story.

As far as dystopian films, I think John Christopher's Tripod universe would be great.
swimmerbabe11
Whedon wasnt exactly an indie film director before that
M.C. Swag
AG
*sigh*...my apologies

(the things TA users will find to nitpick....apparently classifying Whedon in 2009 as a 'not yet hollywood juggernaut' is somehow liking him to a indie director)
GiveEmHellBill
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Cabin in the Woods.

Going back to the premise of this thread, for anyone who has seen Cabin in the Woods, there is a very clear background to the movie that should be explored and I would love to see.
How? The freakin' world ended!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.