*** LIVE PD ***

5,517 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
skiag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The best live tv show is back on tonight! Starts in 10 minutes...

AgDaddy08-11
S
This has quickly become my favorite show. Love it.
Rapier108
About the only "reality" show I watch.

And can't beat Live PD Bingo (now Reality PD Bingo)
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
skiag
AG
They have night vision now. Big time!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
So is it just cops?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Champ Bailey said:

So is it just cops?

Exactly, but live. Multiple police agencies at once as well. Apparently they have El Paso this season.

The chase that happened in Richland County earlier this year where the deputy wrestled with the guy after he rolled his car and had a child in his car (which a film crew member took after the driver dropped the child) may very well be one of the most intense live TV moments I've watched.
The D
AG
This is the first time I watched and it's fantastic
elfurioso92
AG
Love this show
It's the perfect Friday night show. We buy a lot of beer, invite friends over and we just watch the hell out of it. It's becoming a Friday tradition. The conversations we have during the show is what makes it awesome.
lunchbox
Champ Bailey said:

So is it just cops?

Cops + NFL RedZone
Big Cat `93
AG
lunchbox said:

Champ Bailey said:

So is it just cops?

Cops + NFL RedZone

Ha!

This show rules.
Sex Panther
AG
lunchbox said:

Champ Bailey said:

So is it just cops?

Cops + NFL RedZone

I've never even heard of this but this sounds awesome... Is it always in the same city? What city is it in?
Rapier108
Quote:

I've never even heard of this but this sounds awesome... Is it always in the same city? What city is it in?
It is usually the same towns as they sign a contract with the local police/sheriff dept. for X number of episodes.

But not every location appears in every episode.

Richland County Sheriff's Department (Seasons 1-2, pretty much every single episode so far)
Greenville County Sheriff's Office (Season 1, will return later in S2)
Wakulla County Sheriff's Office (Season 1, don't know if they'll be back for S2)
Jeffersonville Police Department (Seasons 1 and 2)
Lake County Sheriff's Office (Seasons 1 and 2)
Calvert County Sheriff's Office (S1, IIRC, they did not sign a new contract for S2)
Arizona DPS (Season 1, don't know if they'll be back for S2)
Utah Highway Patrol (Season 1, don't know if they'll be back for S2)
Mission, Texas (Season 1, don't know if they'll be back for S2)

They just added El Paso, Texas and Pasco County, Florida.

Streetsboro, Ohio will appear sometime this season.

I might be forgetting a city or two.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
The Debt
So what happens when cops have to use deadly force?
jabberwalkie09
AG
The Debt said:

So what happens when cops have to use deadly force?

The show is on a standard network delay for live programming. So I'd imagine that they would probably cut away before it aired.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Tonight's show has been pretty lively so far...
Professor Frick
AG
How can they show suspects without getting consent before it airs?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Professor Frick said:

How can they show suspects without getting consent before it airs?

I'm assuming it's a filmed in a public space type thing.

However, it does seem that ther were some changes over the course of the first season. They seemed to go from showing everything to filming from behind suspects if possible (obviously if on the road side that limits the angles) in some places. Also, they do make an effort to not show minors. Last season officer McGee (?) had a call in Jeffersonville for incorrigibility, which was interesting to watch.

But I would guess that it has a bit to do with what the individual department requests. I don't think that Jeffersonville has an issue with filming people when they did a felony stop last season, or when Leverett chased down a suspect that fled through a neighborhood on foot with his K-9 and used his K-9 to subdue a suspect who refused to comply. Flip over to Richland County and they obviously filmed through the doorway a bunch of college kids who were dealing weed out of their house and their interactions with deputies, but the crew never entered.

So there's obviously some boundaries.
FTA03
AG
What Chanel is this on and when are regular air days / times?
AgDaddy08-11
S
It's on A&E Friday and Saturday nights 8-11 pm central time.
Centerpole90
AG
Exactly how 'LIVE' Is this show?

I've only seen the show once and was kind of intrigued when it had the appearance of being 'live' and then more so when a Mission PD cruiser pulled a truck over. So I tuned in a minute. I don't live in Mission, but in the RGV so I thought it would be interesting.

Immediately an officer gets out with a jacket on in a light rain. It hadn't rained in the Valley in weeks. Temps at night were already stifling and outerwear had been put up for a while. I checked the original air date and Dish guide said it was that day - as in it was a new episode airing that night. If that was true the show was anything but live.

When does the season run?
tk for tu juan
It is live for most of the show, but they do have taped segments from earlier in the day and week. People have estimated they use a 30 minute delay based on times overhead on the radio. The long Spokane chase in August was live. The local news reports of the chase were posted during and after the show.
trueaggie2782
AG
Is it me or has this show increased its commercials so much that it's almost become unwatchable?
Bunk Moreland
trueaggie2782 said:

Is it me or has this show increased its commercials so much that it's almost become unwatchable?

Yeah it has gotten way worse so quick. More commercials and a ton more "earlier on" segments where they cut to pre taped situations earlier in the day/week. I've become bored with it.
Liquid Wrench
This show has definitely made me want to move to Spokane.
Rapier108
ChiliBeans said:

This show has definitely made me want to move to Spokane.
Seen the episode where they go to the "C*m Inn"? If not, you can see it on YouTube.

And yes mods, that is the name of the place.

And then there is Deputy Veronica Van Patton.

:large
justcallmeharry
S
The incidents on this series seem to last for months.

Van Patten was on in June. Has she really been on since then in real time?

https://twitter.com/DeputyVanPatten?lang=en
ETA - I gave up on this program a long time ago.
:large
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Seen the episode where they go to the "C*m Inn"? If not, you can see it on YouTube.
I think I was watching that live and backed it up to see if the sign said what I thought it did.

And yeah, she could frisk me.
Rapier108
They're following mostly different officers/deputies in Season 2 in almost every department except RCSD. I guess its also possible the ones they followed in S1 are working different shifts now.

Van Patten was on much of Season 1, but haven't seen her on Season 2.
justcallmeharry
S
Rapier108 said:

They're following mostly different officers/deputies in Season 2 in almost every department except RCSD. I guess its also possible the ones they followed in S1 are working different shifts now.

Van Patten was on much of Season 1, but haven't seen her on Season 2.
Thanks.
Big Cat `93
AG
If I'm ever in Spokane or Jeffersonville, I'm speeding just on the off chance that I get pulled over by Van Patten or Alyssa Wright.
Rapier108
Big Cat `93 said:

If I'm ever in Spokane or Jeffersonville, I'm speeding just on the off chance that I get pulled over by Van Patten or Alyssa Wright.
Or Susan Woodard (Jeffersonville) and Maria Gonzalez (El Paso)
Big Cat `93
AG
Thank you for the addendum. I am in firm agreement.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Fort Bend County Sheriffs office will be on beginning this week apparently.
tk for tu juan
Guess I better start driving the speed limit and making sure all my lights function properly on the car.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.