NYT on Harvey Weinstein

282,924 Views | 2165 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Presley OBannons Sword
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I see your point to a degree. But I think the danger in not looking at the topic from both angles leaves the door open for more accusations that are either exaggerated or bogus. Women willfully trading sex for career opportunity isn't a new thing. Neither is accusing a guy of something he didn't do.

That said, you're right. It's not necessary to bring up in Weinstein's case that their were surely some women more than willing to sleep with him as that really doesn't relate to the ones that weren't and were pressured/coerced to do so. I stand corrected.
expresswrittenconsent
sure, i absolutely agree that someone falsely accused like hardwick should defend themselves as strenuously as possible.
and i agree that over the decades a serial rapist like harvey probably also had a fair amount of consensual sex -but lets not pretend that you **** shaming girls who like sex (suck the bumper off an f250, etc) is "looking at things from all angles".

Urban Ag
AG
Who the fuq is shaming girls for liking sex? Pointing out that some women in the entertainment industry (and anywhere else for that matter) have used sex to further career opportunities isn't "shaming women for liking sex". And using the term "suck the chrome off" has been around forever and is typically would apply pretty well to those type of women. If that offends you so much put your vagina beany back on and find a safe space.
Jim01
AG
Les Moonves. Pretty big name.

AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Was there talk on Isaac Kappy's big announcements?

bearamedic99
AG
i like this thread but NO WAY am I going to watch a 48 minute long video. and who TF is Isaac Kappy? i googled him and looked at his past roles on IMDb and still don't know him.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
He's basically calling out Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg, Seth Rogan and a bunch of others. It's pretty damning. He's basically doing what Corey Feldman is scared to do. It's crazy.
Diggity
AG
he sounds like a complete whackjob
DannyDuberstein
AG
Looks the part too.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Please, let's not bring crap like this onto this thread.

I tried watching some of this video and another, and seeing mentions of Q Anon and the Illuminati made me stop and come to the conclusion that this unkempt whack-job has zero credibility. Zero.

Let's keep the freaks off this discussion.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Please, let's not bring crap like this onto this thread.

I tried watching some of this video and another, and seeing mentions of Q Anon and the Illuminati made me stop and come to the conclusion that this unkempt whack-job has zero credibility. Zero.

Could be...and then again...he could be legit. Who's to say? It's just a discussion point and I was surprised there was no discussion so I figured I'd throw it in the hat. I don't give crap honestly other than he talks about Weinstein in the middle of it. So it has its relevance.

I leave it at that. Movin along.
Diggity
AG
much appreciated
GiveEmHellBill
AG
What the what? Asia Argento raped a minor?

Outspoken Weinstein victim initiated a sexual encounter with a 17 year old boy.....who had portrayed her son in a movie ten years prior and paid him a $380,000 settlement for his silence.

Oh, and recently-dead Anthony Bourdain not only knew about it....it was his lawyer that negotiated the settlement. I guess it's normal to want to "beat Weinstein to death" for rape, but covering up pedophilia is okay?

The kid in the center: that's the boy she ended up raping. She even posted a picture of them on Instagram (where she referred to him as her son) the same day the assault happened.

Wow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well this just got interesting.
BQ78
AG
Maybe that explains Anthony's exercise band exit?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Had the same thought as well. At the very least, it couldn't have helped his depression.
The Collective
AG
"Me too"

"You too"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FL_Ag1998
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I applaud your ability to loop everything back to Star Wars. That takes some dedication.
WestAustinAg
AG
Urban Ag
AG
So I watched that and I'll probably just keep my comments to myself other than to make a couple of points not specific to the video.

In you're in a manager/leader role, take care of your people and make sure they truly understand that you will support them 100% if they ever feel the need to bail on a situation because they've felt threatened, even just really uncomfortable. That they should never feel compelled to meet with some 1:1 in a closed door environment or after normal business hours or outside the workplace. Empower your employees in that way. Change the culture.

Preach situational awareness to the women you know and love and who trust you and understand you're just concerned about them. There just isn't a good reason to go in to a hotel room with a dude you don't intend to sleep with. There just isn't. Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Saw a video the other day of guy going in to bars and showing just how easy it was to strike up a conversation with a woman and slip a (fake) pill in her drink (to make a point obviously).
Serious Lee
https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/sarah-silverman-louis-ck-masturbated-1202988208/

Quote:

"I don't know if I'm going to regret saying this," Silverman said. "I've known Louis forever, I'm not making excuses for him, so please don't take this that way. We are peers. We are equals. When we were kids, and he asked if he could masturbate in front of me, sometimes I'd go, 'F yeah I want to see that!' It's not analogous to the other women that are talking about what he did to them. He could offer me nothing. We were only just friends. So sometimes, yeah, I wanted to see it, it was amazing. Sometimes I would say, 'Fing no, gross,' and we got pizza."

Quote:

Last year, Silverman's sister Laura Silverman also tweeted that C.K. masturbated in front of her approximately 20 times during a cross country trip before he was famous. However, she also clarified that she did not view the act as criminal: "After that, it's was Louis C.K., on a cross country trip before he was famous. About 20 times. Not criminal. But compulsive, rude & gross," she wrote.

stuff like this just makes me wonder what kind of depravity is considered common course in hollywood circles.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Quote:

"I don't know if I'm going to regret saying this," Silverman said. "I've known Louis forever, I'm not making excuses for him, so please don't take this that way. We are peers. We are equals. When we were kids, and he asked if he could masturbate in front of me, sometimes I'd go, 'F yeah I want to see that!' It's not analogous to the other women that are talking about what he did to them. He could offer me nothing. We were only just friends. So sometimes, yeah, I wanted to see it, it was amazing. Sometimes I would say, 'Fing no, gross,' and we got pizza."
Let me give you a little hint:

You're going to regret saying that. Seriously. Why did you even say this?

As if the rest of America doesn't already feel like the people of Hollywood are already so far away from normal behavior....you just pointed a spotlight on how weird and depraved you really are.

I can't wait for Silverman to start some liberal rant for something now that she's admitted that a sick f*** like Louis CK asked her if he could masturbate in front of her and her reply was "sure....why not?" And I'm really sure the #metoo movement is really happy with this as well.
bearamedic99
AG
not to defend Hollywood but Sarah states that he statted doing it before they were famous. This is more a sign of LCK's mental illness than Hollywood's
beanbean
Wasn't Louie CK starting to try to make a comeback? Well, this should shoot that back down.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
brucoh said:

Wasn't Louie CK starting to try to make a comeback? Well, this should shoot that back down.
You could almost say he went off half-co.........nah, that's too easy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I love Louis CK as a comedian, but damn is that a weird kink.

Being watched while ****ing, I would get. But jerking off? Bizarre.

This is pretty nuts:

"Last year, Silverman's sister Laura Silverman also tweeted that C.K. masturbated in front of her approximately 20 times during a cross country trip before he was famous."
amercer
AG
Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/sarah-silverman-louis-ck-masturbated-1202988208/

Quote:

Quote:

Last year, Silverman's sister Laura Silverman also tweeted that C.K. masturbated in front of her approximately 20 times during a cross country trip before he was famous. However, she also clarified that she did not view the act as criminal: "After that, it's was Louis C.K., on a cross country trip before he was famous. About 20 times. Not criminal. But compulsive, rude & gross," she wrote.

stuff like this just makes me wonder what kind of depravity is considered common course in hollywood circles.

Generalizing this behavior to all of Hollywood is too simplistic. I attribute this more to them both being comedians, and comedians are generally by nature a little "out there". That's what makes them funnier than the average Joe telling jokes at the office. Not saying all comedians enjoy spanking it in front of people, that's clearly a weird personal fetish he has. But most comedians are just a little more odd than the average person.
Liquid Wrench
bearamedic99 said:

not to defend Hollywood but Sarah states that he statted doing it before they were famous. This is more a sign of LCK's mental illness than Hollywood's
Kind of reminds me of an exchange in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, about someone grabbing America by the East Coast and shaking it until all the crazies end up in Hollywood.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I thought it was gonna be about America jerking its Florida off while Europe watches.
Presley OBannons Sword
GiveEmHellBill said:

Uh...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.