The Gifted

3,052 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by biobioprof
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Anyone else watching this?

First episode was really good. Am pretty excited to get in on this one from the start.
Rudyjax
AG
I have heard nothing about it. What network?
Rudyjax
AG
Just googled. I'm out.

TajMaballer
AG
The animated series theme ringtone was all I needed to guarantee a full season watch from me.
AgBQ-00
AG
It is on Fox and is set in the X Men universe. Probably been my favorite of the Marvel TV shows
Rudyjax
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

It is on Fox and is set in the X Men universe. Probably been my favorite of the Marvel TV shows

Yeah. I saw that and I'm out. Don't like comic book movies/tv.

It's probably good if you like hose types of things.
TajMaballer
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

I personally like Agents of Shield the best out of the Marvel TV shows, including the Netflix shows. The Gifted is starting out on a better note than AoS, so this might top it!
MooreTrucker
AG
I liked it. I love Amy Acker, so there's that. It has potential from the different storylines...the underground, the main guy and his girlfriend, the dad's predicament, the kids and the portal girl learning to use their "gifts".

I like Aos better simply because Chloe Bennett. And I already knew Coulson from the movies
Jasomania
AG
TajMaballer said:

The animated series theme ringtone was all I needed to guarantee a full season watch from me.
I literally said the same thing yesterday. I don't care if every episode turns out to be garbage, i'll be watching for at least the rest of this season.
Living Legend
AG
Unthought Known said:

Just googled. I'm out.

This literally made me laugh out loud. I watched the first episode, didn't love it or hate it, but i'll keep watching.
Madmarttigan
AG
I liked it. Liked the first episode of legion more but that turned into a weird **** show so probably looking forward to this more.
ag88man
AG
I enjoyed Gifted and the new show Inhumans.
MooreTrucker
AG
ag88man said:

I enjoyed Gifted and the new show Inhumans.
When did Inhumans start? And on what network?
ag88man
AG
It started last week on ABC.
MooreTrucker
AG
ag88man said:

It started last week on ABC.
What day?
ag88man
AG
Went to LA for the weekend. Just got back in town. My DVR recorded it on Friday, so I guess Friday's.
Cibalo
I have watched the first two episodes and like it ok so far. Will see where it goes from here but it has this "Heros" feel to it. Maybe because the girl looks like the cheerleader and the dad is conflicted and there is the govt agency etc.
Clavell
AG
Agree, a lot like "Heroes"
AgBQ-00
AG
I really like this show. Very excited to see where they take this.
Madmarttigan
AG
Well heroes was great at first but somehow managed to make every season worse and worse.
AgBQ-00
AG
I was thinking about it last night. It does feel like heroes season one. Which was awesome. I still think the writers strike ruined that show. This one has promise.
fig96
AG
First ep was solid, haven't watched ep 2 yet.

I am a little disappointed that they made the set up about as formulaic as they could. The dad works for a secret government agency actively prosecuting mutants. Gee, I hope none of his kids turn out to be mutants.
Zombie
tv1113 said:

Well heroes was great at first but somehow managed to make every season worse and worse.
This was solely because of the writers strike. It was a brilliant show up to that point. Then they tried to rush it afterwards and it lost all of its charm
AgBQ-00
AG
Just caught up on the last three episodes. I like the development they are putting into the characters. The timeline is starting to flesh itself out. We know from the last episode that the July 15th event was 4 years in the past. Part of me hopes they keep this story with the current characters and not bring in cameos from X-Men. The other part of me wants to see it be intertwined like Agents of Shield is with the movies.
Madmarttigan
AG
Sentinel services haven't really show a lot of fire power so you would think they haven't killed off some of the X-men or brotherhood. Maybe a bunch of them died along with a lot of regular people during the July event they mention.
Liquid Wrench
In the comics, the X-Men were never really known to the world like the Avengers or Fantastic Four. They could also be taking some inspiration from the 80's era comics when most mutants assumed the X-Men were dead or vanished.
MooreTrucker
AG
tv1113 said:

Sentinel services haven't really show a lot of fire power so you would think they haven't killed off some of the X-men or brotherhood. Maybe a bunch of them died along with a lot of regular people during the July event they mention.
Does that July event tie into any of the movies? It seems to be kind of like the "Battle for New York" of the Avengers movies.
Madmarttigan
AG
So I don't really know what to think about this show. It isn't good, not terrible. Right in the middle somewhere and on the border of turning terrible real fast. Feel like most of the acting (or writing? ) is pretty bad and don't even like the kids at all. I'm not usually super picky but it all feels forced and bleh. The only people I like is magnet girl and tracker dude.

The doctor as a villain might be interesting. I'll keep watching but definitely nothing has grabbed me yet.
Trident 88
AG
tv1113 said:

So I don't really know what to think about this show. It isn't good, not terrible. Right in the middle somewhere and on the border of turning terrible real fast. Feel like most of the acting (or writing? ) is pretty bad and don't even like the kids at all. I'm not usually super picky but it all feels forced and bleh. The only people I like is magnet girl and tracker dude.

The doctor as a villain might be interesting. I'll keep watching but definitely nothing has grabbed me yet.

I agree that it's teetering on the brink of failure, but it holds my attention better than Inhumans.
Cibalo
watched the last 2 episodes last night and I'm more interested in the story lines now and how things play out. Still not a must watch every week for me but it is gaining some steam. I'm just hoping a lot of what we have seen so far is just character development and slowly building the plot and now they are ready to start moving faster.
Trident 88
AG
Living Legend said:

Unthought Known said:

Just googled. I'm out.

This literally made me laugh out loud. I watched the first episode, didn't love it or hate it, but i'll keep watching.

Why did his comment make you LOL? Is it because this genius gave me crap for my "I'm out" comment in The Orville thread?
biobioprof
just caught up

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.