***** STAR TREK DISCOVERY *****

8,840 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by israeliag
Hulla Baller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The issue I had with the last episode is that I thought Klingons were physically superior to humans. I don't know how Lorca and Tyler handled them so easily on the prison ship. Maybe in this universe the Klingons aren't naturally stronger than humans? Maybe I shouldn't be trying to compare to past Star Treks...
tamusc
AG
So did Stamets send them there at the end on purpose or was that a result of the changes to his physiology progressing too far? I know that's part of the cliffhanger, but curious what everyone's thoughts are.
Forum Troll
AG
I'm sure it's because his brain is fooked.
Aggie_3
After watching Sunday's episode who else here would 100 percent watch a show about the Terrans?! It would be a hit
Aggie_3
Anyone see the new episode Sunday?
SeattleAgJr
no time yet.

but I saw the LGBTQQQEIUUFHHDJSHJS's were a little upset on social media.
Aggie_3
Yeah you need to watch it I thought it was an awesome episode and really sets up for a badass second half of season! And I can definitely see why they mad hahaha they made a ballsy decision this episode
SeattleAgJr
still have not watched it, but I bet the mirror universe equivalent comes over and takes his place.
double aught
AG
Just watched the latest episode. I never saw that twist coming. Pretty interesting.
SeattleAgJr
double aught said:

Just watched the latest episode. I never saw that twist coming. Pretty interesting.
nor I, but I am not too surprised. too caustic of a character for ST to not have other motives.
Aggie_3
So far this is the best Star Trek series in a long long time
jabberwalkie09
AG
So, broke down and got the channel on Amazon to watch this. I'm caught up now and I find that the only characters I care about are Tyler/Voq, Stamets, and Saru.

And I'm not sure I care about the time travel plot we're going to get.
TriAg2010
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

Are we ever going to a get a post Voyager/Nemesis show?
Does Harry Kim make lieutenant?
JuliusCaesarAggie
TriAg2010 said:

CheeseSndwch said:

Are we ever going to a get a post Voyager/Nemesis show?
Does Harry Kim make lieutenant?

Did he ever bang one of the Delaney sisters?
SeattleAgJr
That was the biggest example of hardcore fan service I think has ever been perpetrated in the history of the world.
SeattleAgJr
I mean... even JJ Abrams looked at that and said "GOD DAMN!!!! That's some fan service"

And he is the king of fan service.
double aught
AG
Ship looked good.
jabberwalkie09
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

I mean... even JJ Abrams looked at that and said "GOD DAMN!!!! That's some fan service"

And he is the king of fan service.

Yeah, that and the end credits being the original theme too.

It is an interesting take on the Constitution Class design though. Even if I really don't like the Discovery design or any of the Klingon ships, the Shenzou and Enterprise were two pretty good looking ships.

Not sure if I liked the ending scene beyond that though. Seems like they probably tacked that on after it was renewed...
double aught
AG
Subscription cancelled.
SeattleAgJr
double aught said:

Subscription cancelled.
torrent... er subscription cancelled.
double aught
israeliag
AG
Just finished binging using my free trial, and I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed this show/season.

I initially was skeptical about making it so focused on a single character, and from watching her on Walking Dead I didn't think Sonequa Martin Green would be able to carry the weight of a series on her shoulders, but am I happy to say was I wrong. She absolutely can. Somehow despite Michael's brooding, hardass attitude, SMG manages to bring a charm and... vulnerability? ... to her that makes he such an interesting character, especially in this early version of Starfleet and the Federation.

I thought they successfully were able to blend the cheese of Star Trek along with a modern seriousness and a Kelvin universe style of action.

I was worried about, but able to get over the retcon of the Klingon look, too, as it did end up serving the story in making it easier to hide Ash Tyler behind all those prosthetics and made the Klingons feel so alien which was needed to make the doom of losing a war to them so potentially genocidal.

My one complaint is that this first season felt like three pilots. Sort of like how Michael Scott can't decide how to open his speech in Phyllis's wedding and ends up having a few openings, so too did this show seem to not really know how to get the story kicked off. Despite that, it was pretty cool seeing how the twists were all setup pretty well in advance.

Ohh, and next season looks fun.
israeliag
AG
We may end up needing to start a general Star Trek thread (how I hope that actually becomes a realistic need), but till then, posting the news of Patrick Stewart's return here (albeit two days late):

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/patrick-stewart-reprise-star-trek-role-new-cbs-all-access-series-1132262?__twitter_impression=true

This is some of the best entertainment news for me. Possibly up there with when I discovered LotR was becoming a trilogy of films.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.