Tomb Raider movie (2018)

5,104 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by chiken
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://instagr.am/p/BZMGqCOAJfV

Giraffe Raider, amirite

wangus12
AG
Still think they should have gone with Camilla Luddington since she already does the voice and motion capture
astros4545
AG
Vikander
Quad Dog
AG
What's up with her neck in that picture?
PatAg
AG
Are they gonna CGI her rack in later?
Serious Lee
itty bitty titty committee member, yet still sofa king sexy.
astros4545
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

itty bitty titty committee member, yet still sofa king sexy.

Don't need more than a mouthful
SeattleAgJr
giraffe neck is freaking me out.

boner-denyingly.
jackie childs
i'm in...if for no other reason to learn why she has an ice pick axe on a beach
chiken
AG
She's not awful
WES2006AG
AG
Alicia Vikander

IN
jabberwalkie09
AG

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Okay, I specifically remember having to run across the wing of a rusted B-52 in the game. Pretty cool.

I'm in. The look like they nailed the look of the most recent game. And Vikander does make a good Lara Croft (obvious difference aside). Oh, and Walton Goggins as the bad guy? Hell, yes I'm in.
chipotle
I'll watch when it pops up on netflix in 6 months.
jeffk
AG
Wow. Didn't expect quite so many shot-for-shot takes from the game, but it looks fun.
CoolaidWade
AG
I'm in, everyone.
wangus12
AG
I went and saw this yesterday since I got off work early and I loved the recent set of games. Its your typical video game adaptation to film. Its ok, but definitely not something that will be memorable. Vikander does a decent job a Croft, but that is about it. If you've played the Tomb Raider game that came out in 2013, the story line is kinda the same except they stay away from the supernatural parts and find reasoning in everything. You definitely cannot try and find deeper meaning and just need to turn off your brain when you go into it.
AliasMan02
AG
I was disappointed to see the bad reviews. I actually had some mild hopes for this with Vikander and the new direction based on the reboot. It's a story that has potential.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I went in with zero expectations (never played the games), and enjoyed the movie more than I expected. I dig this new version of Lara Croft, and ******* is Alicia Vikander hot.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Took my 10 year old to see it. We were both very entertained for two hours.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is the only TR game I've ever played (and I loved it) and this movie has the look/feel of that game. And I much prefer Vikander's look as Croft over the plastic supermodel looks of Jolie.

I really like Walton Goggins' role: he wasn't some evil guy trying to find some hidden artifacts for money or supernatural power or anything like that. He was a mercenary being paid by this evil group to find this tomb and they kept him on that island until he did. He was there for years and just wanted to go home to his family and would do anything/kill anyone to accomplish that. It was a nice touch for a movie like this.

Also, although the video game embraced the supernatural aspect (hey, it's a video game), I liked that this movie didn't go that route and stayed more grounded in reality.

Hope this does well enough to give us the sequel they set up.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I went in with zero expectations (never played the games), and enjoyed the movie more than I expected. I dig this new version of Lara Croft, and ******* is Alicia Vikander hot.
I liked her much better than the Jolie version.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No question.
fig96
AG
I went searching for this thread last night and was going to post this morning, no one had said a word in months which was kinda odd.

Went over the weekend and while it was a bit formulaic I enjoyed it. Vikander is good in the lead role as a bit younger and not quite as badass yet Lara Croft, and the film as a whole is a lot more gritty and grounded than the original (which seems to relate back to the game reboot as well). Liked seeing Daniel Wu (Into the Badlands) though he was kind of underutilized.

They did really scream sequel at the end which I guess is to be expected. Overall it's worth seeing/renting if you're up for a fun popcorn action flick, though I imagine Pacific Rim will steal that market at the box office this weekend.
exitone
AG
Fig96.... similar thoughts, I saw this Monday night, came here looking for the thread and saw no one had chimed in for a while. That seems to be about the typical reaction this movie is getting. I think its going to quietly pass. That being said, I think it was a good movie. Not great, but good.

Spoiler.... can someone confirm the end for me......
|
|
|
|
|

Was her father and his corporation part of Trinity, and her father decided to try and fight it from within... and Lara will continue the legacy of fighting Trinity?
Ralphy Boy
Petra Verkaik is still the best iteration.
wangus12
AG
exitone said:

Fig96.... similar thoughts, I saw this Monday night, came here looking for the thread and saw no one had chimed in for a while. That seems to be about the typical reaction this movie is getting. I think its going to quietly pass. That being said, I think it was a good movie. Not great, but good.

Spoiler.... can someone confirm the end for me......
|
|
|
|
|

Was her father and his corporation part of Trinity, and her father decided to try and fight it from within... and Lara will continue the legacy of fighting Trinity?
In the newest iteration of the video games, Trinity is an ancient order that seeks to control the world. Like it is their calling from God to do so. Ana is an operative for Trinity in the games and was hooking up with Lara's dad to get close to him. I guess they changed that to make it where Ana controls Trinity and uses the whatever that name was as a cover.

I don't think her father knew that it was being run from inside his own corporation.
exitone
AG
Followup to Wangus12...

"Spoiler follow-up question...": This is why I was asking about the Trinity thing. They showed her in the board room looking through the ledger. She saw the company names. Then she flashed back to her finding the box labeled Trinity in the secret room and seeing the company name there. Then she looks at Ana (wasnt that the ladies name) and she smiled and I took it that was her knowing what was going on, and she is going to maintain the charade from within and try and take it down like her father. Im assuming that since her father had that box in the secret room, Im assuming that was him silently collecting info to pass onto Lara.
BenFiasco14
AG
This movie was great and really captured the spirit of the new games. Hope they make another one.

Fun, popcorn movie definitely worth seeing.
c-jags
We enjoyed it. Much more enjoyable than Jolie versions.

Only complaint was Alicia's squeal. That thing was grating to the nerves.
astros4545
AG
Vikander is the hottest person in Hollywood
agproducer
AG
I still question why Camilla Luddington wasn't cast in the role. She's been great as Lara in the games.
AustinAg2K
I just got home from finally seeing it. Although it was far from a perfect movie, I did enjoy it a lot. I hope it did well enough to get a sequel.
Sex Panther
AG
agproducer said:

I still question why Camilla Luddington wasn't cast in the role. She's been great as Lara in the games.

Because nobody knows who Camilla Luddington is, and Alicia Vikander has an Oscar
atag
AG
If you watch greys anatomy ya do. If imagine that would be two different audiences lol.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Vikander is so fuggin hot.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.