mother!

7,012 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by nashvilleaggie11
Giggy Smalls
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is there a thread on this anywhere? I searched and couldn't find one. J-Law and Aronofsky team up again. Great cast. Looks interesting. Anyone going to see it tonight?

AnglerAg92
AG
Is this movie supposed to be a prequel to Psycho?
Malachi Constant
AG
JLaw looks fantastic in this. Almost good enough to get past her political blathering.
jrod2181
I am not good with reviews but I really enjoyed the movie even though I am not quite sure what I just watched.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Will I have to take Valium before watching this?
Duncan Idaho
Does she keep her kids in the dark? Or does let then go out with me. Mother!
bigcat22
AG
Haven't seen the movie but based on what I've heard others say, and reading a spoiler filled review, this sounds like the biggest WTF movie ever made. And that says something considering the director's other films
NoahAg
Me after that trailer:

RogueAg
AG
I'm not sure what I'm having trouble grasping more.... the plot to that movie.... or the fact that a Jennifer Lawrence character would be married to Javier Bardem.
zgood10
AG
I couldn't even understand the Wikipedia plot synopsis
SeattleAgJr
One of the big reviewers... Rex Reed or Michael M, just savaged this movie in their review.

even with their typical conservative hyperbole, there was enough in their reviews to make me question seeing this in spite of my liking most of A's work.
The Debt
Yea...after her Harvey comments, Ms. Buttplug shouldn't be surprised if audiences don't give her patronage.
Rick Dalton
AG
"Ms. Buttplug"? Go on...
The Debt
blazing7s94 said:

"Ms. Buttplug"? Go on...

She did some talk show where she explained her new hobby is buttplugs and she was wearing (is that the right verb) one during the interview.
MooreTrucker
AG
The Debt said:

blazing7s94 said:

"Ms. Buttplug"? Go on...

She did some talk show where she explained her new hobby is buttplugs and she was wearing (is that the right verb) one during the interview.
It was Conan. She talked about how one of her co-stars pranked her by giving her a bunch of buttplugs. She took them with her someplace and hid them under the bed at the hotel, where a maid found them.
Rick Dalton
AG
Atta girl!
EastSideAg2002
H6RBW
AG
Quote:

One of the big reviewers... Rex Reed or Michael M, just savaged this movie in their review.

I read the Rex Reed review. Said it was not just the worst movie of the year, but maybe of the century.
SeattleAgJr
I am wearing my A&M beveled butt plug right now.

This is the ONE and ONLY time the bevel makes it better.
Duncan Idaho
i jsut watched the trailer. I have no idea what it is about but damn if I don't want to go see it
Bregxit
AG
MooreTrucker said:

The Debt said:

blazing7s94 said:

"Ms. Buttplug"? Go on...

It was Conan. She talked about how one of her co-stars pranked her by giving her a bunch of buttplugs. She took them with her someplace and hid them under the bed at the hotel, where a maid found them.

Then The Fappening happened and it turned out she is really into it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That sure was interesting.
SeattleAgJr
4th writethru Saturday 7:28AM after Friday 9:48PM: Well, it's clear: Moviegoers officially hate Darren Aronofsky's Mother! The film scored a rare F grade from CinemaScore audiences last night, and there were many rivals heading into the weekend who were expecting that type of reaction. As we heard at noon, the bold Jennifer Lawrence pic is crashing well below its projections with an estimated $7.8M in third. When compared to her wide releases in their first weekend (1,000-plus theaters), it's the lowest opening for Lawrence, even lower than her 2012 Relativity horror movie The House at the End of the Street ($12.3M).

"If you need to Google search the meaning of movie when you get home, it was a failure."
There were viewers who called it "brilliant" and a "masterpiece," but those who did not like it, expressed their vehement displeasure.

"You don't have to go to Harvard to understand this movie. High school dropouts can also fully understand how bad it is," stated one commenter.
Madman
AG
The wife wanted to see it and we just did.

Holy S its bad. Like much worse than the transformers or Star Wars Episode 1. I can't even describe how painful it was. She hated it too. Probably worse than me. And I think this was written to scare and bother women more than men.
Madman
AG
And one more thing. Her performance was not why the movie was horrible and terrible and worthless. No actress could have saved this disaster.
bigcat22
AG
Heard it's basically a middle finger to Christianity and how Man is destroying the environment
Madman
AG
http://collider.com/mother-ending-explained/#cycle

Lots of spoilers but nobody should see this pc of crap anyway. I think I understood a lot of the symbolism but not all. Some of the biblical symbolism is just clumsy and dumb. And the characters from the bible that some of the story's characters are supposed to represent are just clumsy and or silly as well.
Belton Ag
AG
Sometimes I wonder if movies like this get made just to see if the audience will buy it; like it's an inside joke or something. If Andy Kaufman made movies I'd think they'd be something like this.
CorpsAg11
AG
This is one of those movie where all of the critics stumble over each other to call it a "masterpiece" because they don't want to be accused of "not getting it".
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can someone explain the recurring blood spot in the floor?
Madman
AG
Or Mothers Medicine.
SeattleAgJr
it is pretentious, garbage "art house" (in all the bad ways) movie that should not have been released by a major studio.
it should have been released by a niche distributor in a limited rollout in select theaters.
I am enjoying the losses and criticism it is receiving.

and as for the critics, yes, they are all fawning over it because they do not understand it. Read 10 or more reviews and each one is pretentious crap fellating it.

I get that art is meant to be ambiguous, disturbing and subjective. Hell compare this to Eraserhead, which is considered a classic.

this is just pretentious garbage.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Madman said:

http://collider.com/mother-ending-explained/#cycle

Lots of spoilers but nobody should see this pc of crap anyway. I think I understood a lot of the symbolism but not all. Some of the biblical symbolism is just clumsy and dumb. And the characters from the bible that some of the story's characters are supposed to represent are just clumsy and or silly as well.
If other people have to write articles explaining the ending of your movie, you have utterly failed as a filmmaker.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
..and when you write a script and actually call your characters "mother", "him", "man and "woman", then congratulations...you have written pretentious garbage.
Tanya 93
GiveEmHellBill said:

..and when you write a script and actually call your characters "mother", "him", "man and "woman", then congratulations...you have written pretentious garbage.

Once is not pretentious
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.