*** ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD *** (Michelle Williams, Mark Wahlberg)

8,858 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by The Anchor
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ridley Scott is... whatever... these days - and I'm not quite sold on the Kevin Spacey makeup job - but this is a damn good trailer, at least. Hits theaters December 8...

AgGrad99
AG
That looks really good.

On a side note, the mansion they show at the beginning looks like the same one, at the end of Peaky Blinders season 3 finale.

Jim01
AG
Very intrigued by this. I was concerned at first seeing Wahlberg was a part of this because I think he has a bit of a narrow range dramatically but he seems to be playing a cop/investigator type persona which is one one of the things he can do well.
Tobias Funke
AG
1) basically the plot of The Big Lebowski, right?

2) why did trailers just this past year start doing this thing where they show like 8 flashes from the trailer, followed by "watch the official trailer for XXX now", and then the actual trailer?
TCTTS
AG
Millennial attention spans.
Ag Since 83
AG
Trailers for trailers
TCTTS
AG
Holy sh*t. I have never seen anything like this. Ridley Scott is completely recasting Kevin Spacey with Christopher Plummer AND aiming to keep the film's December 22 release date. That's six weeks from now! How are they going to get a new trailer out in time? How is any of this going to work?

All I know is that I love the recasting - I thought Spacey's makeup looked stupid from day one - but the movie itself looked great otherwise. Going to be so interesting to see this play out...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
This might also speak to the strength of the movie. If Scott/Sony are this determined to keep its December release date, instead of simply moving it to 2018, that tells me they could very well believe that they have an awards contender on their hands, seeing as it has to be released in 2017 to qualify for the Oscars. I can't think of any other reason they're going to all this trouble. I completely get recasting the role - they basically had to at this point - but doing it under the gun like this is borderline insane. I love it, though.
Jim01
AG
Ballsy. I love the sheer cajones of it. The movie looked good to me with Spacey in it. Plummer is top notch though.
TCTTS
AG
As in Jack Nicholson...

Quinn
AG
TCTTS said:

As in Jack Nicholson...

I thought he retired after making the classic film "How Do You Know"?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Wouldn't be the first time Scott has had to do something about an actor:

"That's all we are to Ridley Scott, Kevin.....shadows and dust."
Sex Panther
AG
This is the craziest thing I have ever seen regarding a movie.
Presley OBannons Sword
so this might be an obvious question, but is this because of the kid raping?
M.C. Swag
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

What's the background on this? I understand that's Gladiator, but did Ridley have to replace someone in that as well?
Mathguy64
AG
M.C. Swag said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

What's the background on this? I understand that's Gladiator, but did Ridley have to replace someone in that as well?
Oliver Reed passed away before filming was completed and his face and body was CGI'ed over a body double.to complete the last scenes.
M.C. Swag
AG
I did not know that
TCTTS
AG
Presley OBannons Sword said:

Yes. It's become so bad, and there are so many accusations, that not only will Spacey never work as an actor again, but they're now actively writing him out of and replacing him in anything he was currently filming or had just completed. Never seen anything like it.
Presley OBannons Sword
TCTTS said:

Presley OBannons Sword said:

Yes. It's become so bad, and there are so many accusations, that not only will Spacey never work as an actor again, but they're now actively writing him out of and replacing him in anything he was currently filming or had just completed. Never seen anything like it.

Interesting. I didn't know there are multiple accusations. Admittedly, I haven't followed this story too closely.
PatAg
AG
Not sure how everyone else feels, but it's not going to keep me from enjoying movies he has been in. I get current/upcoming movies not wanting to feature him for PR reasons.
TCTTS
AG
Brad 98
AG
How does Hollywood begin to look at Roman Polanski and Woody Allen? Are they going to start distancing themselves from them?
jackie childs
i wonder if there will be some scenes where they don't replace Spacey because he doesn't speak. it's kinda funny you mentioned the make-up job in the first post...that might wind up helping them not have to re-shoot everything, right?

or do you think it's more likely they re-shoot everything he's in?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

This might also speak to the strength of the movie. If Scott/Sony are this determined to keep its December release date, instead of simply moving it to 2018, that tells me they could very well believe that they have an awards contender on their hands, seeing as it has to be released in 2017 to qualify for the Oscars. I can't think of any other reason they're going to all this trouble. I completely get recasting the role - they basically had to at this point - but doing it under the gun like this is borderline insane. I love it, though.
Got a little more insight into this. Awards is a part of it, but it's mainly because of FX's show Trust, centering around Getty and this same basic story, that premieres in January. Sony couldn't risk this becoming somewhat irrelevant after that show starts airing. They basically have to beat them to the punch.
Sex Panther
AG
That's interesting... I didn't even know about that.

I can only imagine what things have been like around Scott Free and the other production companies responsible for this movie the last few weeks.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Everybody relax, I've figured out how to do this and no one will be able to tell the difference:

zgood10
AG
Jim01
AG
I heard an interview with Jon Bernthal where he said Spacey was one of his acting heros, but after working with him for just a couple days on Baby Driver he lost all respect for him. Said he was a bully and the way he talked ot people was hideous.
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther said:

That's interesting... I didn't even know about that.
Yeah, same. Donald Sutherland is apparently playing Getty in the TV version...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5664952
TCTTS
AG
Wow, I had no idea Nicole Kidman did 18 days on Panic Room...

Humorous Username
AG
Might want to take down the tweet from @mrbeaks (language).

I know you have a lot of gravitas around here, but Staff does have its limits.
Pignorant
AG
The trailer with Kevin Spacey played before the we saw Murder on the Orient Express last night.

Surprised they haven't pulled it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.